MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Nod - what does it really mean ? Help please?

Nod - what does it really mean ?  Help please? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Nod - what does it really mean ?  Help please? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Nod - what does it really mean ? Help please?

didn't nod much today but did alot of waving and side fives

Update Reply
yamahama @ 02/10/2010 21:17  

lol weall at it then ah its good to be part of something

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/10/2010 22:36  

Having a good read through these messages about the nod I am now gonna return a friendly hello nod back to all those kind people who sent me one - only just become a full member and really wasn't sure what it meant and certainly didn't wanna be giving out mixed signals - so a friendly nod to say hello suits me just fine - and I apologise if anyone thought I was being rude xx

Update Reply
kooky @ 05/12/2010 02:36  

Awww kooky No one would have thought that at all

Glad to hear your jumping in now after testing the waters :-) hope to see you out n about some time

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/12/2010 08:07  

hopefully be brave enough to start coming out to stuff in the new year - but it's nice to nod and chat for now - makes these dark cold nights so much nicer - pretty much everyone has been lovely so far - just one lttile blip which ain't bad in the scheme of things - so nods and chat - and hopefully meet up in new year when i've sussed it out a bit more lol

Update Reply
kooky @ 05/12/2010 11:26  

Good for you Kookey, and I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have. Friendly NODS are the order of the day. Go girl

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 07/12/2010 23:48  

kooky get yourself out to the rallys hun its the best move you'll ever make, its always a good laugh and your always made to feel welcome...... this lot don't even bite..... much..... to start with lol.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2010 00:13  

I have an easy remedy to the nod button.... if you are saying hi how's you then simply send a "Nod" However, if your hormones take over when you see a nice bit of ass we are not sexist, this applies to both males and females..... ok here goes...you send a nod then follow up with a message of "get yer kit orf".....the recipient is then in no doubt that you want to rattle his/ her bones....ahemmmm I mean make slow passionate love to them pmsl.... Siiiiiimmmmppplllleessssss sssqqquueeeek!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2010 00:19  

Thank you Bobkat - friendly nods for sure Erm yeh Johnnytb - think that would give message very loud and clear lol sure that approach works everytime!!!! Yes will be doing rallies next year whatever - did some this year and no plan to have a year without them!!!! They are a great escape, good fun and i have loved every rally I've been too - and yes the company has just been the best!!! So hopefully will get to meet some of you in the New Year

Update Reply
kooky @ 08/12/2010 08:55  

i wish you never said that johnnytb - i am getting fed up with all these blooming emails now, grrrr.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2010 11:17  

Check yr inbox John

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/12/2010 12:25  

For whoever is reading this

I NOD IN YOUR GENERAL DIRETION

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/12/2010 13:55  

Genaeral direction? Don't you love me any more?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/12/2010 18:16  

and a special nod just for yammy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/12/2010 09:37  

Thought for Christmas I'd do a round of nodding - so may need tiger balm lol

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 16/12/2010 16:24  

as a general rule (on bike!) in europe i guess folk do that hand out left arm extended (apparently the lower the cooler) if approaching another bike from head on, (as cross left to left ...tricky driving on the other side) if passing (over/undertaking...sorry officer) the right leg out is more aceptable, i.e. not taking the right hand off throttle. also for nice car/van/lorry drivers doing the nice thing. over here i guess we have the issue of the throttle, so we nod, i tend to nod at all bikes (bikers) and notice ; pillions always nod or wave! folk on similar (ish) types of bike tend to nod or wave. people with 3 head lights only nod/wave if i`m with my mate who also rides a harly? police always nod only (advanced test lot) only after you do. in large groups (for me more than 3 lol) 1st and last nod/wave....seems ok, and less noddy dog ish if you are the single rider passing them going the other way! scooters never expect a wave...go on some of them have bikes too. little kids on motorway bridges need a big wave. if your half way through taking your jacket of on the french payage,and trying to hold the throttle with your left hand, while you get the right sleve off, the last thing you need is a wasp flying into your open visor, and getting stuck on your sunglasses (it was hot, corse i had my visor open) (i mean my "friend" did) nod away, whats the worst that can happen.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 28/12/2010 16:49  

as a general rule (on bike!) in europe i guess folk do that hand out left arm extended (apparently the lower the cooler) if approaching another bike from head on, (as cross left to left ...tricky driving on the other side) if passing (over/undertaking...sorry officer) the right leg out is more aceptable, i.e. not taking the right hand off throttle. also for nice car/van/lorry drivers doing the nice thing. over here i guess we have the issue of the throttle, so we nod, i tend to nod at all bikes (bikers) and notice ; pillions always nod or wave! folk on similar (ish) types of bike tend to nod or wave. people with 3 head lights only nod/wave if i`m with my mate who also rides a harly? police always nod only (advanced test lot) only after you do. in large groups (for me more than 3 lol) 1st and last nod/wave....seems ok, and less noddy dog ish if you are the single rider passing them going the other way! scooters never expect a wave...go on some of them have bikes too. little kids on motorway bridges need a big wave. if your half way through taking your jacket of on the french payage,and trying to hold the throttle with your left hand, while you get the right sleve off, the last thing you need is a wasp flying into your open visor, and getting stuck on your sunglasses (it was hot, corse i had my visor open) (i mean my "friend" did) nod away, whats the worst that can happen.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 28/12/2010 16:49  

aaaagh, sometimes i nod twice!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 28/12/2010 16:50  

I am on a mission to nod and wave to as many people as poss especially little kids, like to sit them on the bike if any have a look when Im stopped( always ask mummy daddy or granny 1st!) theres a rumour going about that riders of sports bikes dont nod. quite often like to stick my tongue out at the rozzers as it unnerves them!

Update Reply
julie j @ 28/12/2010 17:24  

That happens when you get old Yeti and frequent visits to the loo at night.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 28/12/2010 17:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email