MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Event Alerts?

Event Alerts? - Forums [Biker Match] Event Alerts? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Event Alerts?

Just thinking today - the site can send email alerts based on matchmaker search criteria filtered by distance for new members, could this be modified to include event alerts too? Generally speaking I have a limit to the distance I feel happy covering in a day and subsequently wouldn't make it to a good number of events that might be say 100 miles away, or possibly less if it was a long ride out inb the opposite direction. I tend to see more events via the forum than looking in the events section, sometimes having to look up a location to find out where it is and spend only a little time browsing the events calendar. If we could have the option of getting an alert email when a new event is posted within our 'range' could help awareness and turnouts? I know it's only a convenience thing what does anyone think? If the option is already available feel free to call me a fool!!

Update Reply
njl @ 09/08/2010 19:02  

Ha Just found how to filter the calendar, which helps loads!!

Update Reply
njl @ 09/08/2010 19:10  

lol, you got it - the search button :-) It's a possible new feature for the site though, I'd have to rename the matchmaker alerts to "Email Alerts" or something, and then have "People" and "Event" alerts. Will think about it in the near future, thanks for suggesting it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/08/2010 21:10  

Sounds liek a good idea Boss Man would save me sending countless pms to remind folk lol

owww my aching fingers lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/08/2010 09:45  

I think that would definitely help too! Good idea and lets see if it gets updated to the website.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2010 08:45  

I agree Jackie... Also Matt ... just a thought on this one .. seems like lots put their names down for something and then forget... Can ( bats eyelids) you do anything so if somone lists themselves on an event then they get a reminder say a week before it takes place???

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/08/2010 06:12  

Yeah and then we can give them an early alarm call to make sure they don't forget on the day. Help them get the bike out of the garage, make them a breakfast, load the luggage on the bike and dress them too

Good grief, if they forget then they forget, no need to nanny them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2010 07:35  

yea to be honest its gonna take a LOT of code, fundamental changes etc. Setting up any kind of email notifications is hard enough, without 'going the extra mile' to wipe peoples' arses.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/08/2010 14:45  

Fair enough, it was only a thought, some have busy lifes off the net !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/08/2010 06:55  

some people put themselves down for 2 or 3 events on the same weekend when they cant possibly do them all ?? dunno if its for karma or what cant figure it out

Update Reply
dunans @ 15/08/2010 09:28  

Because some peoples lives don't revolve around BM. They might be able to get to A if something works out or if it doesn't then they might get to B.

And if they don't turn up so what! Its not the end of the world.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2010 11:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email