MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ecar/ebike Insurance

Ecar/ebike Insurance - Forums [Biker Match] Ecar/ebike Insurance - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ecar/ebike Insurance

Has anyone else had the crap I am having with ecar at the moment, they have cancelled my recent policy. I took out both bike and car insurance with them and they asked for proof of my licence and ncd, as I already had my bike with them and it was a renewal I asked if I needed to send it all again and they said yes so I did and it was confirmed then they asked for my partners licence details as he was a named driver on my car policy, I informed them (and have copy) that my partner could not find his licence so they sent me a form for him to complete, I explained that my partner and I were poorly so could not see each other to get the paperwork signed so I sent back the form with a covering letter explaining this, they say they never recieved it, next thing I know they have cancelled my policy, told me to send back my certificate of insurance and they will send me a refund misus £75 handling fee and minus the cost of the cover of 1months insurance they gave me. I again explained my dilema and my partners ill health to which they have replied if I take out a further policy with them they will waiver the £75 but still charge me for the month I had with them, Ok that don't sound bad but the down side is they want the money up front for a years insurance and can not transfer the £400 they have of mine already onto the new policy. I have explained again I do not have another £400 and their reply is basically tough. What a CRAP company to deal with.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 31/07/2010 11:51  

Blimey, you didn't draw breath there, did you?

I've parted company with them for different reasons, or to be accurate they parted company with me..it's a long story and I've managed to get insurance elsewhere without any trouble. But not, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Update Reply
Wills @ 31/07/2010 12:05  

I had problems with ebike and got a campaign going to get people to cancel their insurance cuz they are bad people. About 200 people cancelled their insurance off my recommendation and then their solicitors phoned me making threats saying I would be taken to court for spreading bad things about them!

I went to the insurance ombusman. Seems these gits cant be touched because their registered office is offsure and not governed by UK laws.

You have to be really tough with them. Dont pay them anything and look up who you can get in touch with. I made several threats of media involvement and eventually I got compensation.

Basically, they cancelled my insurance without sending me notice. They have to give you 7 days written notice and it has to be sent by recorded delivery or any other way to prove that you received the written notice. Without this, they are breaking the law.

I would keep pushing. Use the power of social networks like facebook to let people know or at least tell ecar that you have started a campaign.

I have successfully done this with BT, Virgin, See Tickets and N Power. They dont like bad press so its very easy to get to the top person by saying you are going to the media and you already have 2,000 people in your facebook campaign!

Need any more help, give me a shout! I thrive on taking down these bar stewards!

Your target is to get to the executive office. Once you have found your way there, you are in full control. Mention stress, loss of earnings etc!

Tesco CEO Sir Terry Lehey once gave me a £500 cheque for the stress caused when I got a letter by mistake saying I hadnt cancelled my house insurance and they wanted a fee. Took me 3 days of calls but he phoned me personally and apologised!

Good luck with it.

Mucka Jay.

Update Reply
totalbikerfm @ 31/07/2010 14:53  

hiya ive heard of them but never used them after reading what you just wrote i defo wont now,hope it works out in the end for u hun x

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 31/07/2010 19:50  

I insured my bike (when I had one on the road) with ebike and had no problems, but when I was insured by another company, prior to ebike, their admin/customer service skills left a lot to be desired. I don't know about anyone else but I'm disappointed with most professional companies/individuals cos they seem to think they pay us and not the other way round.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/07/2010 20:38  

got mine thro' company called peter james insurance real people no press this button and we forget who u r and hpoe u go away a door u can knock on .interweb is ok until it all goes pete tong and u need to kick someones arse - personally and the price ladies and gentlemen £600 fully comp trader policy as many bikes cars and vans as i can afford to buy i'm still lafin 10 months on usaul disclaimer to satisfy health and safety police no connection just well pleased

Update Reply
Scrapyard monster @ 31/07/2010 20:45  

Thanks for that, SYM. I've bookmerked then for when the bike insurance comes up for renewal, as I know ebike will refuse to renew the policy.

Update Reply
Wills @ 31/07/2010 21:20  

they seem to be gettin to a lot of the shows i think the peter james is the james from footman james ins he sold out and moved on glad to be of help Wills scrappy

Update Reply
Scrapyard monster @ 31/07/2010 21:28  

I used ecar this year for my insurance without any issues at all tho having been in the customer service industry I have to agree that some of their staffs are a tad 'bolshy' when on the phone, but I am the first to admit I am the worst customer ... Having had to work to a high standard for 4 years I get very ratty very quickly when given bad service !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/08/2010 05:45  

totalbikerfm has the right idea. Give them a harder time than they're giving you and keep at them to get a result. If enough people start registering their dissatisfaction, they have to act and threats of legal action are just bluster. No one likes to end up on Watchdog.

I've said before that I had problems with Swinton Bikes and Equity Red Star completely screwing up my policy. At least with them you can write to the head office and ultimately the ombudsman, which I didn't have to do. It seems a good idea to check whether brokers/insurers are under the jurisdiction of the ombudsman before dealing with them.

I have found Carole Nash to be satisfactory and am currently insured with them. However, they do try to jack up the premium on renewal and I found their 'award winning' claims service to be somewhat lacking when my bike was rear ended some 3 years ago.

So good luck CG. Take up totalbikerfm's offer of help and don't take any prisoners.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 01/08/2010 11:24  

I havent had any problems either with ebike, footman james have always been ok with me although the length of time you are on the phone waiting for them to answer leaves a lot to be desired. Carole Nash... wouldn't touch with a barge pole... totally f**kin useless bunch After 20 years in the customer service and being the one that all the problem customers come through to, I do not suffer fools gladly in customer service!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 01/08/2010 19:26  

I don't really have much of a problem with ebike other than they want an extra £35 admin charge because I got muddled with how long I had held my bike licence I put 5yrs instead of 4yrs thinking because I passed my test in 2005 that made it 5yrs my error so will have to pay up. My problem is with them cancelling my car insurance because I was unable to produce my partners driving licence or get him to sign a form because we weren't allowed contact with each other because of his illness and me having a chest infection all of which was explained to them. I have tried ringing them but have no joy in getting through. Each email from their validation team comes from a different person just saying they can't reinstate my insurance but they will waiver the £75 admin fee if I take out a new policy with them. Big Problem is I don't have a further £400 to pay out for more insurance until I get my money back from them.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 01/08/2010 20:23  

Well I think that is totally rubbish what they've done! I am coming up to renewing my bike insurance and I have read about this company. They look like a half decent company face on but I certainly won't be using them now. Thanks for the heads up BM bikers.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2010 18:49  

update on this, short version. lol I finally got my refund and they didn't charge me the £70 admin fee. The reason being, I was not refunded my money within the time they stated (within 30 days) after return of my certificate so I told them they had now broken their agreement and after seeking legal advice I was now charging them £70 admin as their excuse was a system problem out of their control and my reason for not supplying a copy of the licence for the other person on my insurance was out of my control and they wouldn't accept that as a reason and would charge me I turned the tables on them. I got my refund within two days of sending my email to them

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 18/10/2010 19:44  

That's the way to do it! Go go Dips

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/10/2010 20:12  

I have to say, I've been insured with Ebike for a couple of years now, and I've never had a problem with them, and in fact cannot recomended them highly enough, I've 2 bike's SP-1 and GSXR750 with them for £110- ish cheapest I found anywhere, My SP-1 got knocked over about 3 months ago while parked, and I intended to do the repairs myself, and claim on the other persons insurance, phoned the 3rd parties insurance and got grief, so I phoned Ebike and within 2 hours they had arranged for my SP to be picked up, inspected and repaired and also lent me a courtesy bike. Had my car with them until this year and wished I han't changed for the sake of a few quid saving. Of course some people will always have horror stories to tell of this company or that company, but at least in my experience they have been awesome.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/10/2010 20:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email