MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

why did you pick your wap name

why did you pick your wap name  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] why did you pick your wap name  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

why did you pick your wap name

S K what does 'wap' mean? I would have thought that nearly all member names on here would be self explanatory. Now let me think....why did I choose my name? My membership name started out as Sweetheart Kwak which was a reference to my bike not to myself. I dropped the Sweetheart cos it got confusing in the chat room lol.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/07/2010 10:45  

wap means web application protocol for whoever it was that asked me see you learn something new every day lol hope that helped ...

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 30/07/2010 10:57  

Fraid not quite right shirlz. WAP actually means Wireless applicaton protocol. and is an open international standard for application-layer network communications in a wireless-communication environment. as it says on wiki. more to do with mobile phone technology than the internet or WWW.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/07/2010 11:08  

Mine is my DJ name (well the Mucka Jay bit). Mucka cuz everyone says "'ey up mucka" up norf and Jay as my name is jason. Thought it sounded better than my biker name which was The Lone Rider which was from having no biker mates til I started my own bike club. That then went so well I wasnt a lone rider anymore!!!

Told you I talk to much!

Update Reply
totalbikerfm @ 30/07/2010 11:33  

Cause I'm forever getting stick for being slim, told I need to put weight on etc etc, although I eat more than some of them do! LOL The lady bit is just a pseudonym

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 30/07/2010 11:48  

Well i got mine because i ride a drifter and i'm a sharp shooter, hoo har eh!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2010 11:55  

Mine because my usual name on dating sites had gone already. My gt750 got run over some years back, but slowly its comin together (too slow for my liking). I was wonderin about a name and realised i was daydreamin about the smell of two stroke smoke. Yeah I know, weird aren't I?

Update Reply
2Tdreamin @ 30/07/2010 15:04  

WAP, more to do with mobile phone technology than the internet or WWW. That'll explain why I didn't know what it was, I don't use a mobile much, due to lack of dosh and very poor server signal (T mobile and 02)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/07/2010 15:59  

Think mine speaks for itself, the sv was always going to be my first bike, even tho when I joined I did not have it, and shell cos it's my name :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/07/2010 16:14  

I'd just bought a Blackberry phone and couldn't be bothered racking my brain thinking of anything else lol

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 30/07/2010 18:21  

Second bit of min is fairly obvious. The first bit is two fold. I love my Blues music but am also a supporter of Birmingham City football club There's no accountin for taste.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/07/2010 20:09  

DG99 cos I was called Doctor Gaz after I got my diploma in classic vehicle restoration and people used to bring their poorly cars/bikes to me to be surgically enhanced. 99 is the number given to me as a race number when I was sprinting my Crooks-Suzuki T500. Self explanatory

Update Reply
DG99 @ 30/07/2010 20:17  

Simon is my first name and i am rebuilding a chev (1959 Chevrolet Apache pick-up.)

Update Reply
simonchev @ 30/07/2010 20:26  

coz you know where I work, I need to remind myself of my real name and i'd be barred from the site using some of the things they call me

Update Reply
gordon62 @ 30/07/2010 20:30  

I'm the same as Blackberry< just lazier and iphone sounded s**t.

Update Reply
John. @ 30/07/2010 20:49  

hmmmmmmmm... well I'm a sucker for squirrels and all things ms potter - Squirrel Nutkin changed to Nutkin, 68 is my birth year *yikes* so Nutkin68 it is and will be, most know me as Nut/Nutty/Squizz/Skidle.......

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 30/07/2010 20:53  

Serendipity is one of my fave chick flicks, with John Cusack and Kate Bekinsale, really beautiful movie and the title of the film mean "fortunate accident".

Update Reply
serendipity @ 30/07/2010 21:01  

boody,,, given to me by old bike mates,, from queen bodicea,,, a wild red headed english chick that likes a fast ride !!!!!nuff said!!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 30/07/2010 21:57  

Cos Ive got a vfr and im a total babe!!! Pmsl!!!!

Update Reply
VFRbabe @ 30/07/2010 22:48  

got mine because i 'm always in the scrapyard lookin for inspiration and i can't chuck anything away until i'm absolutley sure i don't need it - I usually change my mind and keep it anyway I had such a knowledge of one yard the owner used to ask me what stock he had ha ha god what a sad. git i'm sure i'm goin to pull the chicks with that one

Update Reply
Scrapyard monster @ 31/07/2010 14:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email