MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Whiplash

Whiplash - Forums [Biker Match] Whiplash - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Whiplash

I got a letter from solicitors today. Apparantly the car I hit back in May, the passenger has an injury. Not sure what, but an injury all the same.

I was in the McDonalds drive through in the automatic car with the hand brake on. As I sorted some change from the centre consul, I felt a slight nudge. At first I thought the car in front reveresed into me, but no, they say I went into them. Well, I was not looking so good call.

I put a crack in my numberplate. My airbags did not go off. Scratched his bumper - but hang on - there may be damage behind it. Fine.

Anyway, this girl was taken to hospital, given the all clear but then had to take 2 days off work!

It annoys me so much. Told my insurance company to report it to the police for fraud.

I understand whiplash can take a bit of time to appear, but you suffer more on the dodgems.

Anyone see Mark Webbers take off at nearly 200mph, he just got up and walked away. Its all relative, I must have been doing 2 mph and I am sure the bumpers, seats and headrests would let anyone get out safely.

GRRRRR

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2010 17:47  

Probably were advised by an unscrupulous lawyer! I hope your insurance gets it sorted!

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 23/07/2010 18:23  

oh yes, the insurance are dealing with it. no wonder policies are going up each year with fraudulant claims like this...mutter mutter.

the insurance company says its more economical to bung them a few hundred quid to make them go away rather than face going to court and £10k's of solicitor and barrister fees.

it really sucks.

but, thats life i guess. humph

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2010 18:36  

One of my mate got caught in a scam on the motorway, someone pulled sharply in front of him and braked, then tried to claim against him, thankfully there were witnesses so he wasn't blamed for the accident. His car was a write off though, thankfully it was a big 4x4 so he was ok. Can't believe people would go to that length for a few quids

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 23/07/2010 19:19  

I got knocked off a roundabout in my fiesta about 4 years ago , other driver admitted fault and i was shaken up but had solicitors trying to get me to claim for whiplash when all i needed was a new pair of knickers

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 23/07/2010 20:25  

Ummm, anneka could you send me the old ones?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 23/07/2010 20:33  

Kind of too much details

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 23/07/2010 20:35  

roflmao @ ltgtr

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 23/07/2010 20:41  

dirty boy ltgtr, but i like your style!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2010 20:49  

now now boys they were thrown away a long time ago

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 23/07/2010 20:52  

Had exactly the same happen a few years back when my wife nudged someone so gently that her mum in the back seat didn't even realise there'd been any contact.
When the claim eventually arrived I chose my words carefully and suggested to the insurance company that the claim for whiplash was opportunistic, bordering on the possibly fraudulent. (I can do long words when I want to!)
Got the same reply, that it was cheaper to settle for a few hundred than to defend the case.
The (allegedly) injured party was a police officer, BTW. I've actually got a few chums in the police who weren't amused and said they'd have some 'words' with her...insurance company still paid out, though.

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/07/2010 21:22  

one of the customers that comes into the sports centre a work in, was asking if a could prove that she was in the gym as her insurance company sent her a letter saying she had ran into some1 in asda car park and they were making a claim... she does use asda a lot...but wasnt there the night they said the bump happened....asda dont have camara,s in the car parks......so a checked and she had been in earlier bout 4hrs earlier to the time stated....so after quite a few months and a lot of stress trying to prove that she wasnt at asda....and her insurance paying out.....she found the receipts for her and her boyfreind...they had went to the pictures that night.. she called her insurance and she still waiting for them to deal with it

Update Reply
madhat @ 23/07/2010 23:12  

it makes me seeeeeth!! my son was in a queue stopped and a woman ran into him and wrote his polo off, he was very shaken and was sick , was taken to hosp by me who had to leave work and get him as he couldn't drive even if he wanted to, she denied driving that fast to cause the whip lash which he did have and 2 hospital docs checked him and x rays , took months for him to get rightfull money,he had to have physio too, he's not a wimp ,he still suffers with it that was 18months ago is. doing a charity bungee jump on wed at the local pub didn't do it any good , i did point it out to him that he really didn't need to be doing it, boys, i'll be paying for the chiropractor to fix him , bless,

Update Reply
savanna @ 23/07/2010 23:26  

I work for personal injury solicitors - the good guys - there are as you say a lot of solictiors out there that ambulance chase and encourage people to sue when there really is no injury - what is the world coming too

Update Reply
hellsbells13 @ 25/07/2010 15:25  

I go for a medical assessment on Tuesday for whiplash, broken ribs and a slipped disc which happened when a car tried to occupy the space my bike was using at the time, waiting for the lights to change to green. it was only a low speed impact around 15-20mph. The driver of the car has suggested to the police that I rolled backwards into him... I'm quite thankful to Sue Grabbit & Run (Thorneycroft Ltd) arranged through my insurance agents Adrian Flux Insurance Services.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> If I was working I would have taken time off, but as a self-funding student I had to work through it all, the physio didn't help and now I'm waiting for an MRI scan on my back... Insurance have paid out for the bike and the compo is to follow... But to be truthful I'd rather not have the pain<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Tezzzer @ 25/07/2010 15:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email