MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Being Dumped

Being Dumped (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Being Dumped (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Being Dumped

I was dumped in January at the age of 42 by text lol x it hurt like hell at first but ya know what - i can laugh ma t*ts of about it now lol x

Time and good mates - the best medicine oh and a nice bottle of Glenfiddich lmao x

Update Reply
suzed2805 @ 09/08/2010 21:21  

The worst way I was dumped was when one of my best friends blurted out he had slept with my girlfriend on a stag do when we were playing a game....he totally forgot I was there......

.....he wished he never said anything after that. Let's just say his lip had more than doubled in size! Bloody cheats! Can't stand them!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2010 21:31  

Was just reading through all of the posts on here and yes it sure does hurt, but there is another way of looking at it, if you beleive in fate and destiny, then you can take it that what happend to your relationship was what was meant to happen, and that the person you broke up with was only passing through your life to teach you things you needed to know, and visa versa,then you move on this way with all people, they touch your life in different ways and good or bad its all for our own destiny, we learn as we do when we are children, when we touch something that hurts we cry, we learn not to touch it again, and each bad experience makes us wiser, and hopefully teaches us that we are doing something that is not good for us. I hope this makes sense, this way of thinking always helps me, even when someone hurts me i know it is for a reason, and i learn from it, it somehow doesnt feel as bad then. Hugs from friends is the best plaster ever. x

Update Reply
GinnyMay @ 09/08/2010 23:17  

Very true Ginnymay.....you know what they say....everything happens for a reason!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2010 12:43  

What a lovely way of viewing it GinnyMay.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 10/08/2010 17:30  

It's a good way of looking at it. Along the same lonely thought what if you get hurt and it puts thebarriers up as as GMay says as children we get hurt it teaches not to do it again. It is scary to think that we can be hurt so bad that if we are not careful and we could be hurt so bad or hurt someone so bad that they will never allow themselves to be put in position again. That would be tragic.

I still think the best medicine is to give yourself a break and have some time to yourself to heal the hurt before you can start to feel again or otherwise you won't give yourself or the other person the relationship you both should have. I guess it's the old get rid of the old luggage and lighten the load before you go on another journey

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2010 21:39  

yes i got to agree with you on that one johnny,i always give myself time out when split with someone, you need to find yourself again but like there say time isa healer x

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 10/08/2010 22:52  

Yup you hear about people missing their ex... Maybe they should get those gun sights checked ???? Pmsl

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2010 01:12  

i was dumped last july it was the worst thing ever , , , , but one year on i realise it was the best thing ever ! things werent right nor would they ever be and now im living !!!!! as somebody said afew pages back why live with some one who dosnt want you lifes too short move on to pastures new / green

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 11/08/2010 09:13  

I think there is something probably more damaging than being dumped, we are all dumped for a reason and sometimes it takes months to see it. I think its far worse to fall for someone you have no chance of catching.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 11/08/2010 10:07  

true words gh true words

Update Reply
tonuptony @ 11/08/2010 15:34  

If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they are yours. If they dont, they never were.

Chin up guys, it hurts, but leaves the way clear for something even better xxxxxx

Update Reply
VFRbabe @ 11/08/2010 18:16  

Well after a month of the odd email/skype chat/phone call, I could not seem to make the right impression.

I have said a final farewell to the lady in question - still think she is great, so I bear no malice.

So, many thanks to you all for your words wisdom.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2010 14:59  

My late Mum always seemed to have some words or other in situations that were heart rentching. Up here we call being dumped - chucked, she would say: "It is better to have loved and lost - than never to have loved at all". I truely believe that and agree with the others who said that everything happens for a reason, although it's bloody hard to figure it out sometimes lol. Life is for living, not regreting future adventures, now that is exciting!!!!

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 16/08/2010 15:37  

very true kat - its how i am looking at the situation.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2010 15:40  

Good I'm pleased to hear that - let the adventures begin lol x

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 16/08/2010 15:49  

I hate the hurting, keep the walls up is my way, cant get hurt then!!! well thats the theory anyhow. Deep breath , dust yourself off , glass of wine , good luck to everyone , be strong,

Update Reply
savanna @ 20/08/2010 01:24  

I always think that if you look deep inside and say that your life was richer for meeting that person an you shared that thing then it was worth it as long as you don't let the break up get bitter, if you can part with fond memories and say I'm glad we met then it can't be bad....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2010 18:08  

harder to feel good when you feel used

Update Reply
savanna @ 20/08/2010 18:33  

if youve been in the "used"catagory you should repeat after me,,,,shame on them not on me!! xx hugz xx

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 20/08/2010 20:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email