MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research

BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research (3) - Forums [Biker Match] BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research

If you're thinking along the line of celebs, how about Jonny Walker? A - he's a biker B - has been through cancer himself? Well worth a try I would have thought, great bloke too May have contact details too

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 25/07/2010 21:41  

The bloke who plays Kevin Websters dad in Corrie started off and rode with the Cumbria Help for Heroes ride so def a possibe celeb (well sort of)

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 26/07/2010 01:24  

I could well be interested in this, having lost my mum on friday to cancer. Macmillan were contacted and came out twice, however she didnt get chance to benefit from their services. Her funeral is next week and her wish is for people to donate to Macmillan cancer support instead of flowers. I will watch the thread and see how it develops. I cant offer much in the way of suggestions at the moment as my head is a shed, but if i think of anything in future i will let you know. DC x

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 26/07/2010 23:59  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnnie_Walker_(DJ) Would be great mascot!

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 27/07/2010 12:52  

DC thanks for your support I know it's a hard time for you at the moment big hugs

It's been suggested that we see if we can hold some sort of fair on the Sunday for families, and those who cannot make the whole event can come to this, bring tge kids etc and if you want to register to take part in the last leg on the Monday ... How would people feel about doing this if you cannot make the whole run out???

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/07/2010 13:36  

Can i throw sponges at THAT MAN ????????????

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/07/2010 14:43  

Shell - 4 days is a big ask. No way will u get 50 BMers to sign up. But doing the odd day could land a result And DC....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2010 17:35  

count me and Mr B in booking time off work as i type

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 27/07/2010 18:23  

You would be surprised XK , however we are quite open to if we have 30 setting off on Friday another 20 joining us at points on tge sat, the idea is that we will contact squires and see if we can put something on there on the Sunday afternoon, anyone who wants to help can and if you want to go for a blast out then you have the whole afternoon to do so, Stay there Sunday night and then as many as we can do the final leg to Macmillan on the Monday, needless to say that final leg numbers we may find get restricted by the police, but that's something to tackle if it happens.

The fine tuneing is going on but we have very firm groundwork that Macmillan are very happy with :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/07/2010 18:55  

Couple of questions have been asked ...

Yes we are open to ideas and suggestions from anyone .... And help on the weekend too

Yes if your handy with making things , I will keep a note of you for closer to the time.

Yes 6 bags of toys would be greatfully received as prizes for the family day ... See I did hear you and now it's public so no backing down :-)

No we will not be forming a charity, all will be done under the Macmillan umbrella, although we may have to team up to make some sort of MCC to affiliate for the cheaper liability insurance

Thanks for all the ideas so far... Keep them coming

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 29/07/2010 06:02  

Update we will be meeting with the Macmillan reps over the next 2 weeks to sort a few things with them about this :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/08/2010 17:14  

Ok still on track for this, meeting has not yet been held as was awaiting a certain lady coming home from her jaunts lol

Could still do with ideas for a proposed family fun day to round it off with on the Sunday ?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/08/2010 03:07  

Have no idea what you mean lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/08/2010 11:20  

BJ did suggest about squires for the day raffles prizes ect

Update Reply
JP @ 25/08/2010 12:22  

Family fun day

Some traditional stalls, coconut shy etc

Throw soggy sponges at JP

Bouncy castle

fair ground rides ie roundabouts and stuff

maybe a sort of school sports day race thingy

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/08/2010 12:54  

All being well u can count me in on this...

The macmillan nurses did a lot for my mum and dad b4 they passed on, so it would be good to give something back.....

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 25/08/2010 13:47  

bump

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/09/2010 00:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email