MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research

BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research (2) - Forums [Biker Match] BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research

Mmmmm i may even be there on me scooter lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/07/2010 09:44  

Shell, I'll deffo be up for this. Once the hairy one gets back from Europe, I'll make sure he's up for this aswell lol. Will see if he can get the chocolate factory to donate/sponsor .....(calm down Jackie)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/07/2010 10:02  

You know I'm definately up for this one, the McMillan nurses are looking after my mum :o) Hopefully I will have a big bike by then, if not, me and Zig will be there. :o)

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/07/2010 10:12  

Sounds like a fun and worthwhile weekend. Can't say this far in advance if I'll be up for it, but you certainly have my support in principle. Shell, you said "you will need to have your own insurance", do you just mean bike insurance or specific insurance for doing this event? I already have RAC cover and a SatNav.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2010 10:28  

Gary, don't know why your text was white?!? but i've sorted it for you

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/07/2010 10:36  

How about setting up a just giving page > http://www.justgiving.com/

For those of us who can't join in for the actual run, we can still try and raise funds. You could even set up a facebook page?

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 21/07/2010 11:26  

Thanks.

My text always comes out white if I put a smiley in it, I normally edit the HTML and put a <font> tag around it but I forgot this time. One day I'll figure out why. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2010 11:29  

Brig a just giving page is under construction as we speak.

Stella Lady you did mention the C word so how i am supposed to be calm !!!

Gary you have to go to laugh at me on my scooter / bike lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/07/2010 11:57  

Thanks everyone please keep the support and ideas coming ... Jackie is right we will have a just giving page, Facebook too tho the route will not be put up there az it will be a BM event at least for first year till we do one lol

Gary I mean bike insurance we will sort any public liability that may be needed, you just need to be sure that you have bike insurance and breakdown cover just in case as the group will not be able to stop for roadside repairs however one of the back markers will stop with you till your recovered

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/07/2010 17:59  

Jackie i now understand why you were smiling when you said everyone would be wearing pink, panic over and i think wearing pink for this occation is a worth while cause. long way off but i am up for it .

Update Reply
Timeout @ 21/07/2010 19:48  

Great idea and up for it as well. Have now passed my Mod 2 and should defo have bike by then. Do Macmillon have any celeb patrons that could be persuaded to attend the first day or something to max up the publicity? Could we approach some of the professional racers to spare their time for free for this good cause or start the ride out or omething?

Update Reply
Ebbsy1 @ 21/07/2010 21:56  

Do we have to commit to all 4 days? What about overnight stops? Def interested, tho. ('specially the 2 fer 1 offer)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2010 21:58  

To answer more Q's

Time thanks your down
Ebbsy, will ask Macmillan when we meet them, and I am sure Jackie will note your 2nd idea
XK ... We hope people can do all 4 days, we will set off at lunch time on the Friday ... Till lunch Monday will have to see on numbers if it will be possible to take more on enroute if we are maxed out at the start then we will not be able to take on more.
Overnight stops, we are trying to sort out indoor stops so equipment to be carried can be kept to a min.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/07/2010 07:03  

What ............. what have i done now lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/07/2010 09:34  

Ah, didnt realise had to do the full 4 days ... wont be able to do full 4 days, so out of this one, sorry. Great cause though so wish everyone thats able to do it, safe riding and hope you raise tons of money for MacMillans

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 22/07/2010 09:56  

Don't rule yourself out .... As I said if we do not fill all spaces then it will be possible for people to join us enroute, but it's something we will not know about till nearer the time :-)

Jackie ... You already know the answer to that Q lmao

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/07/2010 13:11  

Cool .. well, keep me in the loop then and let me know when you know .... will keep that weekend open meantime till then.

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 22/07/2010 13:17  

Good ... Thank you to all that have neen in touch so far , We have had lots of offers of help & ideas, please keep them coming, we hope that next year will be the 1st of many that we do for Macmillan but as it is their 100th birthday we want to start with a bang

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/07/2010 11:49  

Thought this might be of interest to you for celeb wise, the other week I was at helmsley and while I was having a fag break I noticed the guy that plays Bill in coronation street (kevin webster's dad) out with i'm presuming a mate both were bikers, maybe you could drop him a line at granada and ask him if he's up for joining in or something ps whats with the £1.20 parking fee there, i wasn't the only 1 to leave wen jobsworth came round, about 8 of us went to thirsk instead

Update Reply
gordon62 @ 25/07/2010 21:28  

Thanks for that Gordon ... hope someone knows who he is cos I dont watch the soaps at all

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/07/2010 21:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email