MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Emergency Bikers - Channel 5 Weds 21st at 8pm

Emergency Bikers - Channel 5 Weds 21st at 8pm - Forums [Biker Match] Emergency Bikers - Channel 5 Weds 21st at 8pm - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Emergency Bikers - Channel 5 Weds 21st at 8pm

CHANNEL FIVE is to run a new series documenting the day-to-day lives of Britain's Emergency Services motorcyclists - the men and women often first on-scene at many of the country's emergency incidents.

The programme, aptly titled 'Emergency Bikers' follows Birmingham’s paramedics and Essex police motorcycle squads as they race through congested roads and cities to be the first on the scene at many of them region's incidents.

Go Go Hobbits :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/07/2010 15:01  

I think I'm missing something, why are there so many references to the Lord of the Rings...?

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 19/07/2010 19:31  

You're thinking too hard! Hobbits live in middle earth (midlands)lol

Update Reply
yamahama @ 19/07/2010 20:45  

lol and there was me thinking it was something more clever like a secondary club or something

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 19/07/2010 21:13  

watched that prog, those guys have a tough job & what is it with car drivers who can't see a dayglo bike with a dayglo biker!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2010 09:18  

I saw that last night, was interesting to hear the paramedic on there say that they think of car drivers as 'numpties' as even with all the hi viz stuff and sirens blareing he has still been knocked off his bike, and one of their team was killed by someone who was turning right... What chance do we have if THEY don't get noticed with all that noise as well as the viz stuff???

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/07/2010 13:17  

Goes to show that as we've all said us being visible is NOT the problem it's other road users who either do not look cannot be arsed to look or cannot judge the distance nor speed of a single point of light. Driver education is THE only way forwards..

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 23/07/2010 14:54  

and also knocks into a hat the assertion that many make that loud pipes save lifes, if the average gonk in a car fails to spot a battenburged emergency services bike on full blues and twos then a loud pipe is not really making much difference :)

Update Reply
steveparry @ 23/07/2010 16:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email