MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Website issues - 15/07/2010

Website issues - 15/07/2010 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Website issues - 15/07/2010 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Website issues - 15/07/2010

it's really fast im telling you. Paul tested from the UK for me also.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 00:43  

here's what it's like on my laptop.... www.bikermatch.co.uk/perf.avi

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 00:53  

It seems to be ok at the MOMENT, famous last words EDIT I have to refresh the page to get it to load fully

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2010 00:55  

I'd be grateful if someone who IS having the problem and is technical could run this command please from a command prompt in Windows.... pathping bikermatch.co.uk >c:\BM.txtNote: You need to leave it to run for a few minutes! Then open up the file C:\BM.txt and copy/paste the info here in the forums for me (or send me a PM). Need as many people to do this as possible, it will tell me if you're having any difficulties with your network

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 00:56  

Well I gotta go bed, it's running lightning fast still for me. Anyone who's havign problems now needs to run the above test and send me the results, I'll check it in the morning for you. It's definitely an internet problem, but not within Holland cos all the networks ive tried here are fine. I'll try from work in the morning too. Ok off to bed, it's 2am here already.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 01:07  

It's running faster Matt but still have issues with loading full page details. Had to refresh this page 5 times to get the text box to show up properly. Sleep well Matt Nite all

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2010 01:12  

get in touch with all the BM people you know and get everyone to test and reply here. I need to find the common denominator

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 01:13  

i have logged in and had no problems at all !!!!! I am still on IE7 if that makes any difference......

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 16/07/2010 01:30  

How do I do that on an iPhone ?

Still having issues with having to hit a button more than once to get anyplace :-(

Thought ... Is it only staff having the issues, cos so far all none staff are saying its ok?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/07/2010 05:00  

i also had problems last nite trying to send pm and the person i was chatting to did too , we gave up in the end :(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2010 06:53  

Not just staff having probs Shell. I got the internet connection problem message when replying to a pm. Had to press the back button and retry several times when I added myself to an event the other photo already on there disappeared completely, then slowly reappeared When adding a comment to forum threads the photos in previous comments disappear then very slowly load up again

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 16/07/2010 07:00  

It basically sounds like a connection problem. All I can suggest is that you all report it to your internet providers. Get them to run tests to BM. Make it clear that there's no problem with the server, it's been THOROUGHLY tested for many early hours.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 10:26  

Matt I'm having problems with my lap top and my iPhone seems same problem as others but as a thicky on here will get someone to look at it for me, I did try poking it with a stick but no help

Update Reply
JP @ 16/07/2010 10:39  

Fingers crossed it seems to be OK now. Last night it definitely looked as if the problem was specific to BM: other sites I visit frequently like Facebook, the BBC, BMW club etc were loading as normal. My ISP is Virgin supplied via their own fibre-optic cable rather than a BT line, btw.

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/07/2010 10:44  

Last night it definitely looked as if the problem was specific to BM: other sites I visit frequently like Facebook, the BBC, BMW club etc were loading as normal.

FB is US based and the BBC is UK based. Did you try any other sites hosted in Holland? As Matt wasn't having any trouble over there, and not everybody over here was having trouble, I'd suspect the problem was with a link from here to Holland.

My ISP is Virgin supplied via their own fibre-optic cable rather than a BT line, btw.

Good bit of marketing there by Virgin, the cable into your house is probably coax (mine is). They use fibre for their national network, but then so do BT. Virgin have recently started offering fibre to the home, but then so have BT.  

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2010 14:55  

I'm 99% sure that there was a problem from the UK to Holland, but I can't tell who or where. Glad it's fixed now.

I'm using a UK proxy now which runs rapid, and that has to go over the pond twice.

The problem now is with encoding of the website which me and Gary are looking into

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 16:19  

visually my screen has changed.. its not displaying everything correctly atm. getting a white blank screen sometimes too. Also my photos.. i cant save description the icon has disappeared. only have the option to delete or set as profile pic. *not that i need it but just wanted ot highlight the issue* im not complaining though lol.. just thought i should mention it! Debs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2010 15:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email