MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Website issues - 15/07/2010

Website issues - 15/07/2010 - Forums [Biker Match] Website issues - 15/07/2010 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Website issues - 15/07/2010

I seem to be having problems access BM. sometimes the page cannot be loaded or if the page Does load i am not getting all the images / buttons. Is anyone else having issues. Matt has not seen any problems at his end. Can you report any issues you have had here and the date / time and the issue and any error messages

Update Reply
Phil @ 15/07/2010 22:01  

Phil, you've got there just before me! Exactly as you've described, and it seems to be ongoing right now - still can't see your profile pic!
I'm using Chrome, btw. No error messages, though.
When i started typing, the words appeared in a default font but now switched to the usual Arial.

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/07/2010 22:08  

Sent Matt a text about the issue. He is about 30 mins away so will try and resolve the issue as soon as he can.

Update Reply
Phil @ 15/07/2010 22:12  

I have been having issues all night on my iPhone with it not loading, tried on laptop ... IE8 ... its even worse especially when trying to open a PM ... goggle chrome is no where near as bad but is still having a few issues .... no error messages that I can see , just is struggling to load stuff at any speed .... its a bit like being back on dial up !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2010 22:12  

There's absolutely no problems at all guys, it's running s**t hot! Tested... From my phone (Sony C905 + 3G) Laura's phone (iPhone + 3G) Friend's laptop + IE8 (wireless internet in his house) My laptop, IE8, Firefox, Chrome (wired connection at my house) My PC, IE8, Firefox, Chrome (Direct connection straight into the server) From the server itself (IE8) It really is fine, from several locations, any browser, and PC, inside and outside of my network. We've got perfect weather here today but we had electrical storms yesterday - even some tornados near here (LOTS of trees uprooted everywhere). I can only put it down to some internet problem in England cos of all the weather problems there. Please list your internet provider, connection type, speed, etc etc here so we can see if it's one provider. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2010 22:51  

From my laptop using firefox, running REALLY fast! U guys must really be having trouble cos the server seems to be giving me 100%

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2010 22:57  

Laptop using Chrome, also rapid. IE8 is the fastest though, lightning quick.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2010 22:58  

Here's a post from the server itself. Page generated in 0.1 seconds. Network usage less than 1% CPU less than 15% Memory around 50% as always

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2010 23:00  

I have my iphone - o2 have tried it on 3G & normal WAP also over home wifi ... getting cannot open page .... Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding ... never got that earlier .. Home I have IE8 & Google chrome ... broadband... 8Meg ...Plusnet.. on laptop ... no error messages just naff all happening when I click buttons or very slow loading.getting cannot open page ... no error message My son ... 30 miles away ... IE8 & Firefox ... 24 meg ... O2 ... tried on laptop & on PC ...same as above for him too as I got him to try to look round just as a guest I am managing to surf net quite ok just happening when on here sorry but you did ask a geek widow an IT Q

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2010 23:00  

still no problem, i'm trying to make a video to show u I might just restart every piece of kit

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2010 23:09  

Well its my bed time now anyways Matt .. will let you know tomorrow if its ok ... By the way I sent you an email about the settings you sent me

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2010 23:14  

Sorry Matt, but I've had problems with BM all night - same as Wills and Paganprince described. This is the first time I've been abe to actualy acces anything on here. Everything else I'm doing on t'interweb is working fine......

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 15/07/2010 23:22  

I'm restarting loads of things to see if it helps. It's running perfectly over here. Still need more info about your ISPs! Now running on the backup server, which is still great. Main server is restarting. I've rebooted the fibre connection, the internal network, everything. It HAS to work now

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2010 23:24  

matt just come online and all seems to be fine here had some probs the other night with pages being slow to load but just put that down to internet being busy keep up the good work thanks ned p.s hope to meet u in october

Update Reply
bigned @ 15/07/2010 23:31  

everything restarted, the entire network, server bounced, couple of unimportant MS updates applied, main server rebooted and then I bounced the site back over to the main server. Something really strange happened to the forums which I really can't explain! It just went crazy, and I've not changed the code at any point

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/07/2010 23:56  

It aint working fine for me Matt, I tried to send a PM 3 times and finally it went, prior to that the site was slow and when it does load it's got text and graphics missing. Had messages saying page/site unavailable and last one was an error message, report sent via contact button.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2010 00:11  

im messing with the site now trying to fix it, so what ur getting now doesn't matter cos im bouncing the servers all over the place. Getting only half the images is what the others are having trouble with - but not over here, no problem like that.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 00:13  

Ok,bounce away lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2010 00:23  

still working fine for me, im not bouncing it anymore now. Something weird happened though when i bounced the server... as if I had changed the code or something

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2010 00:30  

I'm still having problems, it's taken me an age just to see to two PMs

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2010 00:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email