MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Pilly Ride to Matlock Bath new suggestion!

Pilly Ride to Matlock Bath new suggestion! - Forums [Biker Match] Pilly Ride to Matlock Bath new suggestion! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Pilly Ride to Matlock Bath new suggestion!

Right, this is getting out of hand and without wanting to pull the other two threads ( as I'm sure there's lots of useful info on both ) I, as a moderator, have decided to start another one!! Yeh I know... NOT ANOTHER THREAD... but I can't see another way round this... Basically there is a ride out to Matlock Bath Sunday 25th July 2010 This is on the events calendar... there is an option on the events page for anyone that needs a lift or anyone that can offer a lift, some have already put their lift requests/offers on. Can i suggest that you use that option and then arrange lifts via PM ? Please tell me if this is just adding to the confusion and I will delete it. Cheers *karey over and out..and off for a lie down...oh no i can't i actually still at work.. for now....lol!!*

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/07/2010 13:38  

Can i add a suggestion?

And then pm those who will be sorting the meeting place so that they know who to expect ?
This way no one is waiting for someone who may be at another meeting point :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/07/2010 13:41  

Yeh I think thats a good idea and those of you arranging a meeting place, state a time, give, say 15-30 mins for latecomers, then set off. If you have mob numbers or arrange points of contact along the way, that might be good too.

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/07/2010 13:48  

Anyone who wants to meet at Bassetts Pole for this ride out if you need any details for times etc pm me :)

Meeting at 10.30 with the view to leave at 11.00

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/07/2010 13:49  

Already done Kaz :) Anyone on the Rivvy thread, Im PMing and will sort their arrangements out. The others can do theirs. Thanx Kaz

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 14/07/2010 13:50  

Phew! cheers peeps! i feel a sense of normality returning...................hmmm mebbes not, this is BM afterall So don't forget peeps, to add your name to the lifts/offers on the Events calendar and to PM each other

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/07/2010 13:56  

Meeting places and folk to contact already established are :

Bassets Pole ...... Brummie Jackie
SV Shells and Mr Ps ..... SV Shell
Rivvi .... Rockchick123 aka Alex
Squires ... Not sure if there is anyone person to sort this

If anyone wants any more info please contact the relevant person above

ever wondered why did i start something lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/07/2010 13:57  

Good idea Kaz and BJ ... hopefully no more confussion :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 14/07/2010 14:06  

im confused???/

Update Reply
meerkat @ 14/07/2010 18:33  

Forget all that you know ?????? Now if you dont have a rear seat cover as yet contact your nearest meetup point think for you RC123 or look at the events and see if you have a candedate near you jp Just noticed I put (rear seat cover) oh well I ride a harley what do you expect

Update Reply
JP @ 14/07/2010 18:47  

What's new MK? p*** up in brewery comes to mind LOL

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 14/07/2010 19:50  

oi you cant belive you said that .your the brewery expert its ya fist home pmsl xx

Update Reply
meerkat @ 14/07/2010 20:07  

Ki and I will be doing this one. Not sure where we are riding from yet, but I am his pilly.....whoop whoop

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 14/07/2010 21:59  

I'm confused, but whatever I said on the previous thread still stands. Happy to lead from Squires or meet up along the way. Unfortunately, I cannot take a pillion in this instance.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2010 22:01  

Cheers for leading from Squires Pumpkin look forward to meetin u at Matlock for ice cream wahooooooooo

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/07/2010 22:02  

I agree with Jackie on that one pumpkin cheers :-)

For those from mine ... You know who you are lol i will send full details this weekend ... we will leave about 10 will be headed through Glossop onto Buxton and then down the pretty route to Matlock, anyone who wants to meet up along the way please pm me and let me know where to look out for you

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2010 05:34  

Do we have an actual destination in mind? A particular cafe etc? I don't know the area but from what I've heard, I would imagine there may be 1 or 2 bikers more than just us! Also, someone originally said meet at Matlock Bath and not Matlock - but the event does say Matlock. Can someone confirm? & Is parking free? BTW - I grew up in West Brom & have lost most of my accent, so don't you brummies try to convert me again, I've spent years convincing Yorkshire folk I'm posh! elaine :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2010 12:14  

Matlock Bath is only about a mile from Matlock, so I guess it doesn't really matter which it is.

I was wondering about a meeting point too, I don't think I've seen one mentioned yet. I'll just rely on the organisers to make sure we all end up in the same place.

I've only been in Brum for a few years and am trying (and failing) to avoid picking up the accent.  

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2010 12:28  

Hi Pumkin The usual place for BMers to meet is next to the old post office on the corner of Waterloo Rd and North Parade in Matlock Bath. DK's cafe with tables outside. just down the hill from the fishponds pub. a couple of shops up from bikers gear box. I'm sure you'll find it in google street view. It's got a couple of bikes parked outside.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 15/07/2010 12:34  

yeh as Blues says, thats the usual meeting place.. look out for the huge Ice creams ..not REAL ones !! lol It does get busy with bikes parking all along the main road, there's also a carpark across from The Fishpond pub just up the road and also a car park just past the pub on the right ( sharp hairpin right turn up a slight hill) and a few other places to park further down, but as people are coming and going all the time you shoudn't have a problem parking. I have edited the events calendar to clarify it is MATLOCK BATH not Matlock :o)

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/07/2010 12:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email