MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Sothern Ireland

Sothern Ireland (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Sothern Ireland (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Sothern Ireland

We stayed in camping barns in the north, they do have them in the south too. Biker friendly places, with cooker, fridge etc. and most importantly if the weather is bad, washing machine and tumble dryer or drying rooms. Just what you need after a soaking to get ready for the next day! and all for £20 - 30 a night for 2 people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2010 08:16  

rained every day for a week when i was there !!! see craig ...i'm as helpful as ever.............lol

Update Reply
willow @ 08/07/2010 17:27  

I quite fancy Ireland, my family originates in Cork and I've never been!
Anyway, I've been following the weather forecasts and I'm convinced there's only one day a year it doesn't rain.
So I deduce from that, that Shadow' is fibbing!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 09/07/2010 14:58  

Just changed my profile picture to one taken in Ireland last September . . . . Note the blue sky!! - mind you, the locals said we picked the first weeekend it hadnt rain since May!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2010 16:54  

Ha ha ha! And it's obvious that Slidy's been airbrushing!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 09/07/2010 18:22  

A couple of pics on my profile from the last time in Ireland ........... no rain!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2010 20:41  

I'll be holding you two responsible if I get pissed on!!!!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 09/07/2010 20:50  

If any one wants to add places of interest, campsites etc, to this thread,,,,all will be welcome and i'll make a list of all things mentioned for when i plan my route for end of month...... cheers....craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2010 12:09  

Not sure what your into, but when I go I do lots of castles, ruined or good, lots of historic places including abbeys, mansions etc. You will have to watch the condition of the roads though mate, the main ones aren't bad but venture off onto country lanes and you will have to keep a weather eye open not only on the roads but also on the drivers!!! Some counties have more money than others and keep their roads well, others who don't have the money spend it on other things that they consider more worthy. Beware the towns estates, they have a worse reputation than anything we have in the UK, for instance Limerick City is known to the locals as 'Stab City'. Town centres are good but don't be stopping on the estates to ask for directions. You can't tell which youths are 'good boys' or 'bad boys' as they all dress like chavs, trackies and the like.

Can't tell you much about campsites as I stay with friends or B and B it. I will say that food (eating out) is more expensive than the UK, drinking is the same. Fuel the last time I was over (May) was more pricey too.

Getting onto the toll route out of the docks at Dublin couldn't be more simple, cost me 3 Euros but I was in a car the last time, just make sure you have Euros in change and you won't go far wrong. Just follow the traffic and the signs for the toll route, M1. Going round the M50 ring road will cost you a toll between certain junctions, but there are no toll booths, as your on a UK bike I wouldn't worry about that as the last times I have been on a bike I have never paid and never been chased for the cash either.

You'll have a great time I'm sure, one thing make sure you have enough fuel to get out of the city and out onto the route your going to take, there are no services on the M50, or at least there most certainly wasn't in May.

Have fun

Update Reply
DG99 @ 11/07/2010 17:11  

Nice info DG99,, Will be taking a lot of this on board....cheers...craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2010 19:31  

If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them Craig.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 11/07/2010 20:59  

If you havnt gone yet,when I went it was hang a left out of the port and follow the road along the coast,look for signs for the N1.Dont bother with the city although small, traffic can be a n-mare.Its a good road that will take you down the east coast fast.There was road works on the red cow roundabout on the by-pass last time I was there which isnt helping the congestion at times.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 13/08/2010 17:13  

This member's profile has been deleted so he won't be able to respond to any posts. When del is in a user name it means 'deleted'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2010 00:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email