MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Meet at Rivvy for Ride to Matlock Sun 25th July

Meet at Rivvy for Ride to Matlock Sun 25th July (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Meet at Rivvy for Ride to Matlock Sun 25th July (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Meet at Rivvy for Ride to Matlock Sun 25th July

Ok ... there seems to bit a little confussion reg meeting points. I am still arranging pilly rides from Rivvy Barn. For anyone still wanting to meet there, I will still be there and arranging from here to ride to Matlock. Those that want to meet elsewhere, can you let me know if you have changed your mind, re a better route for yourself, or have been told otherwise by anyone else. Fank oo :) Alex x

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 14/07/2010 10:12  

Alex i am going on Puk with Posh if that helps loland i promise to behave

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/07/2010 12:03  

only 15 mins from rivvy barn will be there with spare seat never been matlock tho but looking forward to it.......ta alex

Update Reply
laimdan @ 14/07/2010 13:05  

Right, this is getting ridiculously complicated Me and Turtle20 request a pilly. We can meet at Rivvy or Shell & Ian's or even somewhere else in the northwest more convenient for riders, but we are travelling down together so we need 2 pillys. We've managed to sort one ride (meeting at Shell & Ian's) but it seem to be having huge probs finding another....but we can revert to Rivvy if necessary (although that will mean more miles for numbnuts) This is doing my head in!!!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 14/07/2010 13:29  

mine too!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/07/2010 13:32  

I don't know if I am coming or going, I agree, this thread is confusing.... What did I say I would do, did I say anything at all ???

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 14/07/2010 13:38  

BL you'll be going from wherever Ki is Lady lol

If its brum based its Bassetts Pole with the rest of us Hobbits

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/07/2010 13:51  

Mini ... I have already arranged your pillys from Rivvy. That hasnt changed. Dont know where the confusion has come from huni. Will PM you ... you lifts will be awaiting :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 14/07/2010 13:53  

I think the confusion was over the lift from nuts as it's a long way out of his way to rivi so mini posted about meeting at mine. And I have therefor been sorting lifts

Can someone let me know what's happening pls so I can let the pilly seats go to those who have not got a lift

Ta

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/07/2010 13:58  

Hiya Shell. You know I’m coming and if can make it, We will be meeting at yours.

Update Reply
vansasterling @ 14/07/2010 20:02  

hello rockchick123 , will you be going via motorway through buxton i might be able to go on my old faithful xl 500 if going on A roads

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 16/07/2010 00:51  

Yes van I did thanks, things seemed to be getting confusing for people which is why I did all by pm lol

Keeping fingers crossed ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/07/2010 05:10  

Hoping to make this one..... gig nite before and Rosies (BikeDoc) sister over from Dubai at weekend ........but if I dont get out for a decent ride out soon I am going to go mad!!!!!

Barry

Update Reply
DTR30 @ 19/07/2010 10:25  

John ... will be puttibng route up within next couple of days ... courtesy of zorbedog :)If any queries, pm me or txt me and will sort arrangements to meet up en route. Barry ... would be great if you can make it :) Will be a good ride out and some great folks meeting up at Matlock from other areas :) pm me for any details needed or just give me a quick txt :) Hope you see you both sunday :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 19/07/2010 14:05  

Route Planer Rivington Barn to Matlock Bath Heading south from Rivington Barn to Horwich on the A673 to the round about taking the second exit on to the duel Carrageway past Bolton Waners F/C then under the M61 to the round about taking the first exit onto the A6 towards M/Chester skipping on the outskirts of M/Chester Staying on the A6 heading up to Levenshulme then through to Stockport hiting Stockport town center Once through Stockport on the way up to Hazel Grove there are a few speed cams at Hazel Grove we keep left on the A6 this then taking us up to Disley after Disley there is a nice duel Carrageway but again be very carefull here as the bridges above have police cams on them the A6 Meets the A623 at a round about we will take the second exit keeping on the A6 to Dove Holes this is a 30 mph area with some road works and again police with there ray dar guns jump out of the bushes once through Dove Holes the next place is Buxton a stopping place for Toilets and Fuel if needed from Buxton again staying with the A6 heading to Bakewell this is a lovely road there are plenty of twisters and some nice sight seeing for the pillions this is a 50 mph area again riders take care here as there are un-marked police bikes also you are being watched from above with helicopters heading into Bakewell theres a round about we take the second exit staying with the A6 this will lead us to Matlock one or two cams on this part of the road just before we get in to Matlock there has been some road changes ( for the riders that have done this route before but some time ago ) there is a new round about now we take the second exit here this then takes us down to Matlock Bath Once in Matlock Bath Parking can be hard if you park on the road side you will have to move your bike with in the hour so heading up to the carpark on the left hand side opp the pub called the Fish Pond. see you all on Sunday ride safe Zorbedog ps sorry about spelling it almost 1am

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2010 00:48  

Aww ... thanx zorb :) We are doing the route tonight so any changes and the route will be amended tomorrow ... looks good to me though :) Anyone wanting to meet up with us en route please PM me and will give you my mobile number so we can sort arrangements out :) See you all there on Sunday ... the weather had BETTER be good after this ... lmao

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 20/07/2010 10:15  

thanks guys look forward to seeing you all sunday

Update Reply
wozabee @ 21/07/2010 05:17  

If you let us know when your going to be hitting Buxton we could maybe meet our two groups ... Tho I know we plan on being there for about 10.30

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/07/2010 05:40  

Cheers for that Shell, but we will be hitting Buxton a bit later than 10.30 so will see you at Matlock :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 21/07/2010 09:34  

Just a few days to go ... woo hoo! Roads en route to Matlock are lovely to ride on. Looking forward to seeing you all there

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 22/07/2010 10:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email