MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Advert in Bike mag - need your help!

Advert in Bike mag - need your help! (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Advert in Bike mag - need your help! (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Advert in Bike mag - need your help!

Definitely the second one, looks loads better, ad looks good now although the "Free" bit at the bottom, I agree with Kwak

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2010 17:55  

Matt think you will find that 100% in favor of 2nd so say thankyou and close the thread down and send to print

Update Reply
JP @ 02/07/2010 18:14  

2nd one Matt is much better pic for the ad ...... I agree with JP quick send it off and close the thread

Update Reply
jabecs @ 02/07/2010 18:42  

Clarissa, most of them photos just show a hot girl, or nobody at all (like the spokes one). Doesn't really give us anything to work with or help advertise what's on offer here. The "Plan your weekend" is nice, but you can't see what the last word is and there's nowhere on the photo that I can put any information - the subject in the photo basically takes up all the space. Kwak, a group photo would be great. Please find one. I'll remove the word "Free". Geoff, according to my quick check of the database there are 80 registered events for June. That's near enough to 100 for me. Thanks for all your feedback

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/07/2010 19:09  

Boss Man 2nd is great

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/07/2010 19:22  

Matt what about the group photo you've already got on the top of the page? Couldn't you get someone to photoshop/muck about with it and make the background black etc?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/07/2010 22:25  

Again it goes to getting everyones permission thats in the photo ... for an editorial on the site its published on the use of it is fine as we all knew at the time it would be posted on the site ... however to use it in an advert would require permission from everyone in the pic & we have not seen some of them in a while

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/07/2010 22:29  

Its not a professional photo first of all, so it doesnt look good when printed full-page. It's also horizontal, need a vertical photo. Imaging if I tried using it, it woudl just cover a small bar accross the bottom leaving 3/4 of a page left to fill.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/07/2010 11:51  

I have a biker mate whos also a photographer.. what kinda of thing are you looking for and ill see if i can butter him up for some pictures for you :)

Update Reply
ScarletKiss @ 03/07/2010 11:57  

hi, new look from a newbie? you are saying in this thread that you dont want it to come across as a dating site.... but you have pics that are of a couple..... would it be an idea to have a group of people riding their bikes? or something similar.... i did actually join to find peeps to ride out with.... i'll get me coat lol

Update Reply
nondomesticgoddess @ 03/07/2010 12:08  

It's too late now to make our own, we've got the weekend to finalise this so I need to use a stock photo from the net. I'd be happier advertising the social aspect, but can't find any good group photos (professional ones), only couples and stuff. The picture with the couple & dog is nice, it doesn't look too much like dating just a couple out on their bike (with the dog somehow). The wording also doesn't stress dating either.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/07/2010 12:22  

Well maybe next time :) I'm sure i could get him to meet up with a group of us on a ride out as long as everyone was okay with their pictures being used for the site we could get some good group shots :) for later use.

and i have seen little carry things that attach to bikes for dogs lol although the largest animal ive ever taken on a bike was the pet rat he used to love it lol

Update Reply
ScarletKiss @ 03/07/2010 12:39  

lol wasn't there a kids programme called Biker Mouse? :-) the fotos would be great. We get lots of photos taken at events but they're often fuzzy, bad weather, etc. Or are just random fotos of people doing things, drinking etc.... rather than a planned "modelling" photo.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/07/2010 12:54  

biker mice from mars :)

Sent you a pm about finchey just let me know

Update Reply
ScarletKiss @ 03/07/2010 15:20  

Motor mouse and auto cat ?

Update Reply
JP @ 03/07/2010 15:27  

Did they have tele back in your day Dad?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2010 15:34  

Yes you had to put it on the day before so it would be warmed up in time for your program, think it was called nobbin the donkey or somthink like that ? memory not what it use to be see you later vernetta

Update Reply
JP @ 03/07/2010 15:44  

If you've got your glasses on you might

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2010 16:29  

Matt, If you want to stress it is UK only then you can have "The UK's Online Motorcycle Community" under your header. Make it stand out more and stress it is the best. Maybe change it a little. You could say: Over 40,000 UK only members. Friendly and fun social website made for bikers. Full monthly events listings. Racing, Rallies and Rides Out. Plus news, forums, advice, chat, personals and more.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 03/07/2010 22:29  

Updated... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/images/ads/a4%20ad...advert.jpg

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/07/2010 14:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email