MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Special Pilly Offer Ride Out

Special Pilly Offer Ride Out  - Forums [Biker Match] Special Pilly Offer Ride Out  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Special Pilly Offer Ride Out

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <![endif]--> As there are a few folk on BM who do not have their own bike for 1 reason or another and rely on pilly offers, it was suggested to me that we have a Pilly Ride Out Day. <o:p> </o:p> So I am testing the water to see if folks would be willing to offer a pilly to someone local and whether pilly riders would be up for accepting one. <o:p> </o:p> If so what place would be fairly central for us all to meet up at ???? <o:p> </o:p> See if we can double the numbers on a ride out wahoooooo <o:p> </o:p> (Hope my rambling makes sense)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2010 10:27  

sounds like a good plan

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 29/06/2010 10:30  

Great idea I think.

But it'd need someone braver/more stupid than me to get on the back of anything!

I'll use the car 'til I'm able to ride again.

Must say, seeing the bike in the garage every-time I put the car away is, to say the least, a bit frustrating.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 29/06/2010 10:36  

Sounds a great idea! More the merrier

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 29/06/2010 10:39  

Yeah :>>
Suspect you may have more offers from pillies than riders. .but here's hoping !

PS for purely selfish reasons can it be later rather than sooner. . still waiting for my knee to bend enough !!!

PPS thanks for all your great ideas BJ

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 29/06/2010 10:54  

No date has been set i am just looking to see whether folk are up for it to start with :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2010 11:10  

If I'm gonna get nagged at then the person on the back needs to be female and lighter than my camping gear.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 29/06/2010 11:24  

ooooooooooooooooooh Phill

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 29/06/2010 11:26  

Squashy knew you would be u for it lol

and i can personally recommend his skills !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2010 11:36  

Despite having a spare seat on the back, I'm afraid I wouldn't be too confident with another adult on the back - just manage the kids and that's only because I superglue them in one position!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2010 11:49  

RC no worries, not everyone is comfortable or has room for a pilly, wont stop you coming on the ride out though lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2010 11:56  

Ref' the nagging BB, my ex-wife suggested an intercom.

I think it was a joke!!!!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 29/06/2010 12:54  

What a great idea Hey LTGTR.....remember just how far you have come already

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 29/06/2010 12:57  

Call me a coward BL but I hope to-go a lot further, hence the no pillion bit!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 29/06/2010 13:00  

I'm up for this too, happy to take a pillion.
As for the suggestion of having it later rather than sooner, it certainly doesn't need to a be one off thing. There seems to be a bit of apathy on both sides with regards to getting the non-riders out on runs, so it could be something we all try a bit harder at anyway.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2010 14:02  

Gary cheers for volunteering ur back seat as it were lol

I agree it shouldn't just be a one off thing but we have to start somewhere and see how we fair :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2010 14:11  

Great idea BJ ... right behind it

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 29/06/2010 14:13  

Alex hope ur not right behind me cos u wud be sitting on Poshs topbox lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2010 14:46  

I am happy to take a pillion (Have done so before all round scotland on a bonne) and in the egg run picked up a hitchhiker who had run out of petrol (A biggish fella, but once you up and running its fine.)

However 1 stipulation, no moaning or nagging or telling me how to ride my bike lmao

nervous pillions need not aply as it makes me worry if you think you might decide you should have got the train (get the train) lol but I think its a good idea brumJ

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2010 14:57  

Glad its got folk talkin if nowt else, remember it is a request to pilly some one local to you, not expecting you to travel miles to pick folk up unless you want to of course lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2010 15:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email