MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Good riding routes and stops.

Good riding routes and stops. (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Good riding routes and stops. (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Good riding routes and stops.

A446 on the road out towards Balsall Common. Good butty van Moreton-in-the-Marsh pick a teashop any teashop. Can we add good biker B+B's ???? Susie D's B+B Great Ayton- North Yorkshire, she likes bikes, secure lock up and legendary breakfasts. (Find it on T'internet')

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 14/11/2012 11:15  

A J I think a thread has already been started for B & Bs, if you can't find it would you start another one please? It makes it easier to find if each category has its own thread, cheers

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/11/2012 11:27  

i used to live near the Rams Head on the A672 Wills! theres another neat little road running out of Denshaw village towards huddersfield locally called Nont Sarahs (due to the pub of that name on the road) if you turn left off this road you cross over the M62 over the high bridge nr Scamenden Dam and its a nice little road running down to Barkisland. used to be one of my fav loops.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 14/11/2012 13:25  

Either of these pubs bike-friendly? Could be good meeting places for the northern bunch (and guests from further afield) come the spring.

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/11/2012 17:50  

wouldnt know its 20 years since i was living up there. Nont Sarahs was a "bit posh" last time i was out that way and the Rams Head is a Real Ale pub. the Black Horse in Denshaw was biker friendly but appears to have been turned into houses so would suggest the Printers or the Fleece also in denshaw....also there was a strange old fashioned pub on the road to barkisland....bit like sitting in some farmers lounge! lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 14/11/2012 17:56  

Just dine some Googling and it seems that Nont Sarah's is closed and up for sale. Anyone got £350k?
I can feel an exploration coming on as soon as we get a mild Sunday

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/11/2012 18:02  

Well well Kwackgirl,I I've lived in Delph nearly all my life,love the Nont Sarahs
my playground in summer on the SP1,but few bikers been killed recently,
very sad,also was in the Printers yesterday,small world !!

Goose

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/11/2012 22:39  

gooseneck....the black horse was my Denshaw boozer of choice or the bull at grains bar (where i moved to after denshaw). all this talk is making me a little home sick! til i come back and the traffic drives me doolally after 24hrs! was over a few weeks ago stoppin in greenfield....went to Rivington - took over an hour to go 20 miles or so! you go out of a 30 into a 40 and back to a 30! arghhhhhhhhh! WTF! wheres all the "open" roads gone?

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/11/2012 08:40  

North Yorkshire

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2012 12:23  

The A712 Galloway. Found this week travellin back to the mainland. Done in a car, but deffo gonna be doin it on the bike some time soon. Totally awesome road, very twisty with stunning views. Even in the car I had a massive grin on my face :-) oh & thnx TomTom for suggesting it to me, beats the A75 any day of the week!!

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 16/11/2012 11:01  

The SS48 in Italy mountain road between Vigo di Fasa and Cortina d'Ampezzo, cafe somewhere in between sells a melt in the mouth lamb dish with red currant jelly. Not exactly a weekender but a nice way into Slovenia.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 16/11/2012 20:24  

A712...... BombDoc - class road just dont do it in winter!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/11/2012 20:48  

Northumberland.
All of it.... except the A1 obviously.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/11/2012 19:15  

Good run up a B road off A5 via Knockin and Llangynog to Bala,then dog-leg across main road to Trawsfynnyd,straight over the top off Welsh hills,favourite route to Barmouth.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/11/2012 23:41  

they all are on two wheels....and hers or mine for a stop...x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/11/2012 15:01  

@loner is that the road with the huge drop on the left as u come down to ffestiniog?

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 26/11/2012 20:20  

If I've read the map right, it's the B4396 from the A5 over to Bala, then the A4212 from Bala to Trawsfynydd. If you take a right a couple of miles after the reservoir, you'll be on the B4391 to Ffestiniog.
I've done both roads out of Bala, and the B-road is the one Kwakgirl means, but I don't know the leg from the A5 to Bala - it's on my to-do list now.

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/11/2012 00:09  

Yup,that's the one Wills,the bit over the hills is also the B4391 from Penybontfawr into Bala itself,been using that road since I was 19,don't recommend it for learners,steep climbs,sheep and hairpins,'s fun though!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/11/2012 14:51  

I think thats the road I almost pooped my pants deff not fun in an artic with a full load

Update Reply
JP @ 28/11/2012 14:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email