MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

1st line technical support - yopu gotta love em

1st line technical support - yopu gotta love em - Forums [Biker Match] 1st line technical support - yopu gotta love em - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

1st line technical support - yopu gotta love em

My Telewest (now virgin) connection decided to have a hissy fit this evening. so I called Virgin and got through to a young lady in Mumbai called Nikki. Before I actually got through to nikki I did a bit of fiddling round once i had cooled my modem down I managed to get it to work. So just as i get my modem back online my call is answered. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> trundling through the standard questions she asked for the make of my router. "Draytek, you probably have never heard of it" I replied. nikki responded with the stock answer “I cannot help you as that is a router we do not support" <o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Ten minutes late after much discussion of you tell me the information you want and I will give it to you she joyfully responded that the modem is working fine and it is getting hot because i do not turn the modem off. I told her that the modem is on 24/7 because my CCTV system is connected to it. I also dropped the little bomb shell that according to the modem logs it is showing up faults left right and centre. a few minuets of hmms followed with the eventual answer i will post you out a new modem.<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Agggghhhhhh. nearly an hour of my life wasted. who trains these Muppets?? Please can someone employ decent technicians on help lines who know what they are talking about and can resolve a fault through knowledge and not through a script.<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Phil @ 23/06/2010 01:23  

I'm so glad I have freeview. My Tv is getting the whole month to cool down, due to my dislike of having soccer rammed down my throat, whether I want it or not.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2010 07:31  

It could have been 6 weeks if the tennis hadn't clashed

Update Reply
badger59 @ 23/06/2010 07:41  

Good point Badger ...lol

I lived in Thailand before the tsunami forced me back over here, I didn't use a TV for 7 years .... didn't miss it at all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2010 07:46  

It could have been worse ... you could have missed the footie game ... ok maybe thats not worse

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/06/2010 19:25  

I'd die without all the football to watch at the moment! Lots of unexpected results. Holland tonight! wooo

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/06/2010 12:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email