MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

bike trailers

bike trailers  - Forums [Biker Match] bike trailers  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

bike trailers

bike trailers
has anybody used them can you recommend any Ive spotted a company who make em for one two three bikes or side cars too said they come apart so you can hang them on the wall Ive never seen any just wondered if any you guys have ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/06/2010 20:27  

Bike trailers are abomination and should be banned!!!

If you want a trailer, get a trike or a car

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2010 20:37  

I think he means so he can transport bikes on a trailer, not a bike pulling a trailer.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 22/06/2010 20:55  

hahahahaha correct DG99 its for working away ect so i can take bike with me and transporting projects and the likes

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/06/2010 21:03  

The price they are it would be cheaper to make your own, it can't be that difficult surely?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2010 21:53  

I cant help it if I'm thick ............ I blame the parents you know

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2010 22:18  

is all them sheep round derby mate its a distraction for you lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/06/2010 22:24  

Sheep not a distraction, an attraction, aka 'Leisure Centre' in some parts of the world

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2010 22:32  

WheelyNealy try looking on the web for ERDE motocycle trailers, these are excellent although a bit expensive, you can pick them up quite reasonable on Ebay

Update Reply
BrogieBlade @ 22/06/2010 22:44  

SF, how very dare you? My Pudding would have very sore feet if I didn't have a trailer. And the bike is about a foot narrower with that on than panniers so what's the prob? Can't drink and chat, can't tow a trailer, strewth, bring on the thunderstorm...

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 22/06/2010 23:47  

Oh, forgot Wheely, mate has one, I tow it with Bonnie lol. Apparently not so much trailer as straps that's the key. Will get info if you want.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 22/06/2010 23:50  

cheaper to buy a van,put inside,sorted.

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 22/06/2010 23:51  

waf lol its to tow behind me van mate blimey o riley

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/06/2010 00:36  

My trailer cost me £70 from eBay, and the towbar was about £85. I think it'd cost me a fair bit more than that to have a van, even if it was instead of the car.WN initially mentioned three-bike trailers, wouldn't a fully loaded three-bike trailer be heavy enough to need to be braked? Something to consider when you're looking at them anyway.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2010 14:25  

I think many trailers that have 3 channels are made so that you can carry either 2 bikes, or 1, in the central channel. A proper 3 bike trailer would be quite wide. Erde are a bit pricey for occassional use, but safe & well made.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 23/06/2010 14:57  

SF talking out ure behind again tisk tisk lol Right WN I knew what you wanted from your 1st post! However I've not towed a bike on a trailer but have towed just about everything else! And as a bike owner (no other vehicle at moment!) I tow a verity of sized trailers behind my 750 I designed and built the tow bar and the trailer! Advantage to having a trailer over a car or indeed a trike! Trailer detaches try doing that to the rest of the car! My bike will still filter with the "legal" sized trailers tracking perfectly behind! erm not able to do that safely in a car/trike! I can take a different trailer for what ever the task, mine converts from full sized camping trailer to a flat bed for awkward shaped loads, also I've got 2 different roof boxes to take differing amounts of camping stuff/big shop lol. I've also got plans in hand to convert my base running gear to take a bike behind a bigger vehicle. So back to WN there are kits on EBAY to make your own bike trailer but if you'd like a bespoke one built PM me and we'll see what you really need/want! A 3 bike or indeed a 2 bike of certain sized should indeed be braked even going to 4 wheeled if two or three larger bikes are taken as single axles tend not to be up to that kind of abuse!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 23/06/2010 15:36  

ok ok i seam to have confused some people ? what im after doing is getting a camper van maybe vw transporter wotever eh? then i want to tow a single bike or maybe two but on ocation there will be a side car on there instead that way i can pull pitch up and go out ridding simples X the trailers im looking at are dave cooper trailers just wondered if they were any good but hull if your into making bespoke mate then maybe a word in your shell like may arise but cheers for the erm help boys

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 24/06/2010 00:26  

Just let me know what you need and when WN If you want to accomodate a side car and a poss solo or 2 bikes then it'd make sence to build a three bike trailer with the two outer holders the correct width apart to take your bike and the wheel of the side car plus a single option down the ctr of the trailer! Maybe with a tool chest on the draw bar or even a winch attached?

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 27/06/2010 00:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email