MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

firebladejohns boken elbow

firebladejohns   boken elbow - Forums [Biker Match] firebladejohns   boken elbow - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

firebladejohns boken elbow

can anybody give me advice on broken bones in left forearm and broken left elbow . how long before i can ride my bike again and will i be able to compress the clutch lever and extend my arm to hold the handle bars within six weeks thankyou

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 21/06/2010 17:39  

and teech me how to spel ha ha ha

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 21/06/2010 17:44  

I think it depends on the nature and severity of the break. When I broke my wrist I was riding my bike within 2 weeks and the plaster was off after 4. But some people are out of action for months.Was it a clean break with the bone still in place? Or have you had to have it set? Or pinned?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/06/2010 17:45  

would of thought physio be best person to ask and guess rest down to you as to how much u excercise it once cast is off as for spelling i have dyslexic keyboard!so im no help hope ur back out and about asap :-)

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 21/06/2010 17:53  

hi gbeldon yes got a plate in and pins as well , and in a cast at the moment

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 21/06/2010 17:54  

With a plate and pins you'll certainly be off the bike for longer than I was. Hopefully somebody else can give you an idea of roughly how long, though obviously every case is different.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/06/2010 18:09  

Oooh fbj. . .that's a bugger :<<
Hope time passes quickly for you XX

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 21/06/2010 18:47  

hi fbj dont ride your bike till your Doc says its ok cos you wont be insured i learned from experience when i broke my leg had pins in it had a second crash and found out that cos my Doc had'nt told me i was fit to ride i was not insured just rest up m8
take care

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/06/2010 18:54  

thanks for your advice everybody , il take it on board cheers

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 21/06/2010 20:57  

I agree with von on this one, best people to ask are those qualified and who have treated you. I hope your patience lasts longer than the break John lol Be mended soon

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2010 10:54  

Elbow ...hmm, tricky one ... it depends on the severity of the break ... best to allow plenty of time & accept professional advice.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2010 10:59  

got knocked off in november broke left wrist and compressed the bone back up my forearm got plates screws dident get back on bike till april still havin trouble with it now just take your time only you will no when you feel safe to ride again and dont kidd youre self coz it aint worth it

Update Reply
laimdan @ 22/06/2010 11:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email