MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Z250 Scorpion too high in the saddle

Z250 Scorpion too high in the saddle - Forums [Biker Match] Z250 Scorpion too high in the saddle - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Z250 Scorpion too high in the saddle

My wife is very short on the inside leg area , and her bike which has had the seat lowered still struggle sto reach the floor comfortably. does anyone know if the suspension can be lowered to accommodate?

Update Reply
daffyduck @ 09/06/2010 16:00  

Hi Daffy - most bikes can be lowered - you can either get lowering kits & do it yourself or get a Bike shop to do it. Am sure others will be along with more in depth explanations of how you can do it yourself though

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/06/2010 16:26  

Is it twin-shock or mono-shock at the back?With many mono-shocks you can use different size brackets (dogbones) in the linkage to raise/lower it slightly. If it's twin-shock you'd need to replace the shocks with slightly shorter ones. Once you've lowered the back then drop the front by an equal amount by lowering the yokes on the forks.You can also fit slightly lower profile tyres. For example replacing a 130/70 tyre with a 130/60 would lower that end by 13mm. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2010 16:37  

***** swoons at Garys knowledge

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/06/2010 16:49  

The Kwak 250s came in both twin and mono-shock versions, but they'll all be pretty long in the tooth now and unless it's a cherished classic I really would doubt if it's worth spending a lot of money on.

I had a twin-shock version years back, and it was pleasant enough bike and a touch smaller than the corresponding Honda 250 Superdream. I'm surprised the engines haven't all self-destructed by now, they never were the stongest of bikes and as for plastic nylon oil pumps, well, just don't get me going

Update Reply
Wills @ 09/06/2010 17:57  

would be cheaper to swap it for a cb250 rebel and far more fun to ride and alot lower but at end of day if you ring hyper pro and get some shorter srings made would think £ 70 quid should do it ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 09/06/2010 21:26  

There is a companey in Hull called drop raise services they would advise over phone if you need it! As we are a long way from you!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 09/06/2010 23:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email