MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Etiquette!

Etiquette! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Etiquette! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Etiquette!

PMSL @ BJ Most folk only look at mine once throw up and never darken there door with it again !!!! Awwwwwwwww we all love you BJ lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2010 23:45  

The profile views thing isn't a problem, I know I have had connection problems especially travelling up and down the country on train etc so if I have freaked anyone out with hundreds of profile views I do apologise... As for worryin about multiple clicks as Nut has expressed fear over lol............. people click on profiles for different reasons, I'm sure its not for stalking reasons............one being some folks on here have some really good pics from rallies etc and some really funny pics two to see updates on profiles......Three if its your mate you might want to quickly check what rallys they are attending...... no alterer motives at all.... What you have to worry about is the ones who are always logging out to check your profile.......now that is more worrying than being upfront and just having a nose... it is an online profile the point is to post your pics and info, maybe some new info/ news etc

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2010 23:56  

I only moan about the nods cus i know there will always be at least one smart ar#e who'll send me a nod. Is yamyam allowed to tell everyone my real name. I'm gonna have to tell everyone yours now tarquin.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 07/06/2010 23:58  

Every 1 knows ur name is Squashy lol

Jtb luv u 2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/06/2010 00:01  

2 years...Now I find he,s called Phillip & not Grumpy Brummy git To me a nod is a nod is a nod--folk will take it however they percieve it--They may send one thinking it means "I,m here now gerrem off"(how sad is that?) you however recieve the nod think"how nice I,ll send one back" then confusion reigns... Personally I see a nod as a polite Hi-from a distance- sometimes a person can be seeking advice, I,ll send a nod followed by a p.m giving my personal view on what they are asking as well as on the forum..At the end of the day it,s down to individual interpretation & if the ladies recieve one from a bloke whose intent turns out to be less than wholesome then it can be dealt with as only ladies know how(cut them off in thier prime girls!!) Phillip!!??you can have a wink Blues

Update Reply
old red @ 08/06/2010 00:50  

I use the nod as a friendly hiya, some folk respond others dont, i try to pm all new folk in my area and as many others as my poor fingers will allow, again some respond others dont.

Some folk are just repelled at my picture others think i am not really real and others think i'm after them for a snog :)

On the whole i dont let it bother me if the reply or not, end of the day its down to what they want from the site :)

I NOD IN EVERYBODY GENERAL DIRECTION TODAY

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/06/2010 09:49  

it still annoys me that people can view me and then block me. Think Mat should allow us one view of anyone who as viewed you even if they have blocked you if only for safety and security reasons

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 08/06/2010 11:12  

To begin with I regarded the nod as a "hello", and nodded at quite a few people. In the sense that you'd say hello to somebody before starting a conversation with them. Far less than half returned the nod. I now realise that some people see it differently to others so I've stopped.
Maybe there should be an "official" definition of what the nod means?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2010 11:17  

I send a nod as a hellllooooo and if they dont nod back or pm then a assume that they on the sight looking for the man/woman of there dreams which is technically what bm is, but a think a lot of people are missing out meeting a lot of potencially people who could be freinds, and going to the events you never know u could meet that special some1

Update Reply
madhat @ 08/06/2010 11:32  

Blimey, you even managed to get the spelling right Red. lol I am by nature a cynical old git. I will have been on here 3 years at the end of this month. I don't even try to speak to people any more unless they are people who i already know from meets/campin weekends. And even then it's usually becouse they've PM'd me for some reason. as i, 1. don't like to bother people. And, 2. Have nothing much to say to anyone anyway. I'm like an old dog chasin his tale. if i ever caught it i wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 08/06/2010 11:54  

hi i have been on the site about 4 months now but only started ridin again mid april due to crash november last year im also new to computors and sites like this it seems strange to me to send messages to people i never met when i have i end up thinkin hope that wasnt taken the wrong way sure if i meet people this wont be a problem but have viewed loads of people maybe same ones several times cant always remember who i already viewed sometimes by acsident so apolages if i afended anybody im only lookin for friends to ride with it also doesent seem rite that non members can view profiles anyway hopen get to meet a few poeple soon

Update Reply
laimdan @ 08/06/2010 12:17  

Same as some of the above posts and i think its just a friendly gesture to send a nod and if they caint be bothered so be it its just what i call manners

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2010 17:26  

A nod is a nod as a nod to biker on the road :) Just a simply howdy

Tho BJ may nod as she wants you get erm off :P Ain't you always after a snog BJ hehe

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 08/06/2010 17:41  

Ah well, I see a nod as "hello, what do think of my profile, are you interested?"

This is primarily a dating site remember

If I don't reply, then I'm not, if they don't reply then the're not, not going to cry about it, move on.

I don't get the viewed and then when you go to see who it is they are either no longer on or have disabled their profile, but all it does is make me curious as to who it is, do I know them from a past life?, are they absolute mingers? are they scared? But whatever I'm not putting extra bolts on the door

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2010 18:11  

I love the nods keep them coming please, why has some one blocked me? dont understand wish i could ask them it hurts/ Beepa

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2010 18:14  

blues i'd send another nod but you're only allowed 1 so it's someone elses turn to be a smart a**e

"tonight i'll be mostly sending nods"

if you get one it's just hello so there's no confusion

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/06/2010 18:22  

anybody go owt for a bad neck?

all this nodding's killing me

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/06/2010 18:44  

anybody go owt for a bad neck?

Yamahama - tried a gillotine??

Thanks guys!! Have sent lots of nods back now!

Matt, how about reintroducing the wink as well as having a nod? End of confusion!!

Update Reply
VFRbabe @ 08/06/2010 19:57  

this nodding brill never had so many nods and pm's thanks all

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/06/2010 22:10  

well said Churchill....I mean Yam...lol

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/06/2010 22:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email