MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Singledom isnt a disease.

Singledom isnt a disease. - Forums [Biker Match] Singledom isnt a disease. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Singledom isnt a disease.

Just wondered what other peoples experiences are regarding how other people view your single life. I get very negative comments,such as how can you be happy on your own,you must be lonely ect ect. i admit,it does get lonely sometimes but i wouldnt enter into a relationship just because i get a bit lonely,rarely i must add. You can be in a relationship and be lonely,been there. I get well meaning work collegues trying to match me up with people i have absolutely nothing in common with. One even pityingly said' oh isnt it a shame you never got married',this was from someone who whinges about his wife and is in fact having an affair. i am totally happy with my life and dont need anyone to make me happy,i make me happy. If anyone comes along then thats a bonus. i have my own home,job,bike and a great holiday in New York to look forward to soon. Loneliness and being alone are two different things.

Update Reply
lavender @ 05/06/2010 21:08  

Very well said. Because you're in a relationship, it doesn't naturally follow that you are happy in it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2010 21:32  

i will second that !!!!!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 05/06/2010 21:33  

i will third that

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 05/06/2010 21:37  

any more takers???? lol

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 05/06/2010 21:38  

took me fifteen years to figure that one out too so ill fourth that lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 05/06/2010 21:40  

its a fact that people do look down on you if you're single. why?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 05/06/2010 21:42  

Its true being single wont always men being lonely but you can still be lonely in a room full of people or in a relationship If anyone can figure that one out PLEASE let me know the answers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2010 21:45  

I Think that being single its very underated lol and we dont realise how good it is to be on our own when we stuck somewhere. Friends are much better sometimes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2010 23:19  

I'm ok,,,,schizophrenia....I'm never alone...????????who said that.........?me ...who....no me...?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/06/2010 00:51  

TBH, I've never had a problem being single and how others see me, never been tried to matched up, never had people feeling sad for me etc.

I think its perhaps women who get that much more than men.

BUT if you are all so happy being single, why the hell are we on here???

Lavender, your profile says you are seeking men, if you are so happy just looking for friends then why doesn't it say that on your profile???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/06/2010 09:43  

I think its more women than men who get the 'matching up' bit. My friends don't feel sorry for me, I wouldn't want them to anyway. In fact some of my friends who are in diabolical relationships but haven't the balls to get out of them, envy me for my 'singleness'.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 06/06/2010 09:57  

The bloke my Mum works for recently asked her if she thought
I'd ever get married,she said 'No,Nick may look stupid but she
really isn't!' to which he replied 'but I'm sure there are plenty of
men online'.

HELP! I'm being pimped out by a 93 year old!!!!!!!

I'm quite happy as I am thanks,can't be doing with the hassle.

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 06/06/2010 10:16  

We all know couples who stay together purely for the reason of their fear of being alone. Lots of others jump from one relationship to another barely pausing to take a breath. These people think we are wierd for prefering to live alone?

Update Reply
Rattay @ 06/06/2010 10:34  

Good point shadowfax,maybe i should change that bit in my profile. But then again i like having male friends. Also as has been said this site is a social site,not just a dating site.

Update Reply
lavender @ 06/06/2010 10:55  

Mmmm...well I for one don't like being single. I would much prefer to be in a loving/caring relationship.... That said, I would much rather be single and happy than in a relationship that was 'dead in the water'.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 06/06/2010 11:24  

I agree with bl,its the reason i,m on this site, alltho being single can have good points,i would rather be in a relationship,and every thing that can bring.

Update Reply
joesa @ 06/06/2010 12:33  

In my experience people always seem to think the grass is always greener. I know married people who envy myself for the single life and single people - including myself - who would like to have the companionship of a close relationship. Don't get me wrong, i have enjoyed being single and the freedom to do as i wish. Having mates you can have a laugh with, go on rideouts with is great but at the end of the day, when they've gone home to their partners, the pubs are closed and you're sat at home on your own the single life is not so good. Lets face it, at the end of the day we all want that someone special in our lifes that we can curl up on the sofa with and enjoy their company. If we didn't, we wouldn't be human.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/06/2010 12:43  

I agree,it would be nice to have that special someone in your life but if and when that may happen i am happy with my life as it is. Maybe i'll just end up a mad old spinster with just cats for company

Update Reply
lavender @ 06/06/2010 13:05  

I have to say its better to be single and a bit lonely than be in a relationship, be very unhappy and feeling very much alone.
If peeps are in a relationship and very unhappy there why do they stay???

Update Reply
drobess @ 06/06/2010 13:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email