MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

An eventful day a big thank you

An eventful day  a big thank you  - Forums [Biker Match] An eventful day  a big thank you  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

An eventful day a big thank you

As some of you may know i went for a rideout to the major oak with some of the local folk from here but as it turned out i didnt actually get the whole way We were happily blatting along the M1 when my bike started to vibrate quite badly & the steering felt off, i pulled over quickly followed by top tailgunner jp harley, special thanks to him here for sticking his neck on the line by refusing to leave & for following me down the very narrow hard shoulder the 2 miles or so to trowel services At first it looked like i'd picked something up off the road that had damaged the front tyre but by the time we had pulled in it was obvious that the tyre had de-laminated & stretched into all sort of interesting shapes & i wasn't going any further appologies for some of my language I wanted everyone to carry on as i knew i could get picked up fairly quickly but to a man (& lady) they refused point blank, good people & proper bikers one & all, thanks folks it was really appreciated pics will appear soon i suspect, ride safe & check those tyres regularly scoobs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2010 17:11  

Thats a right bugger, glad you got off the M1 safe and had some folk stick with you, true bikers as you say.

Have you got your bike sorted out now?

Adz :)

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 31/05/2010 17:57  

yes my car died on me but my bikes ok i was stuck on the east lancs for a couple of hours but at least you had people with you

Update Reply
earthwind @ 31/05/2010 18:18  

We were with you in spirit, EW!

Update Reply
Wills @ 31/05/2010 19:53  

thank wills lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 31/05/2010 19:57  

Hi adz yes its sorted now thanks, i was lucky enough to have a spare wheel with a good tyre in the shed so fitted that as soon as i got home I consider it a very lucky escape as a couple of hours earlier i was going a hell of a lot faster & hate to think what the result could have been then

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2010 21:00  

wow eventful day all round then. Glad you're all ok and nobody got hurt. Take care and ride safe

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/05/2010 21:02  

yes thats true glad you are ok

Update Reply
earthwind @ 31/05/2010 21:57  

I've uploaded a few photos from today, the tyre has to be seen to be believed.
I think this link will take you to them, if I've understood the format of profile links correctly.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2010 22:10  

glad you got the tyre sorted. what are mates for when in need? might be a good idea to send the tyre to pirrelli to see whyit did what it did. who knows you might get a new one!
stay safe keep an eye on this tyre.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 31/05/2010 22:17  

Im glad you were safe as well scoob n just glad it didnt go on ya wen we were shooting up the m42, seeing is believing with the state of that tyre
Just looked at the piks of the tyre n they dont really show just how bad it were

Update Reply
drobess @ 31/05/2010 23:13  

Glad you were safe scoob.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 31/05/2010 23:23  

Incredible. Also scary - I've not seen anything even remotely like that tyre in over 30 years of riding.

Update Reply
Warhed @ 01/06/2010 00:55  

No worrys mate glad all worked out and you got home ok its not a nice place to be on the hard sholder when its a new restricted hard shoulder only 3ft wide and prayin nobodys doing the nodding dog

Update Reply
JP @ 01/06/2010 08:32  

JP as a top tail gunner !!!!!!! can think of better things to call him

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/06/2010 09:21  

Jeeez Scooby! that tyre's not well, is it ?? Glad you were ok tho and it dint cause any major blow outs etc! Like its been said, I would contact Pirelli, you never know it could be from a bad batch and if you alert them to the fact it could save them a lot of money.. and they may even 'reward' or compensate you. Worth a try

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/06/2010 10:50  

Scoob glad to here all got home safely lucky escape,someone up there lucking after you

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 01/06/2010 12:53  

Thank you all for the concern & kind words, the truth is it hadn't hit me until much later how serious it could have been but i got away with it so will just be much more careful where tyres are concerned in future The most annoying thing is i'm a pretty good mechanic & should have spotted trouble coming much sooner, sorry to all those who were present for messing up their day a little scoobs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2010 20:40  

scoobs, no day was messed up, you spotted it in time and were safe thats the main thing !!

Update Reply
drobess @ 01/06/2010 20:46  

Hi scoob was your tire the correct rating for your bike
ie Z not H rated sound like it may have been over its speed range
or not just wondering . good job a blow on front on motoroway wasnt the end of the day blimey dont bare thinking about do it
glad you got it sorted bud

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 01/06/2010 22:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email