MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Police issue Margate speeding biker warning

Police issue Margate speeding biker warning - Forums [Biker Match] Police issue Margate speeding biker warning - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Police issue Margate speeding biker warning

Footage of a motorcyclist being caught riding at 140mph has been released as a warning to bikers ahead of the Margate Meltdown event. Video'd from an unmarked police bike. Watch close and you'll see the rider pull a wheelie at over 70 mph..... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8704111.stm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/05/2010 23:20  

Cracking riding though eh Paul

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 26/05/2010 23:27  

Apart from the wheelie and the undertaking, i thought he rode fairly safely albeit quickly. Couldnt see the problem myself

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 26/05/2010 23:29  

did you see the camra flashes off his number plate too i think the unmarked police bike keeping pace would make some people go faster though i really dont think they should be unmarked

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 26/05/2010 23:31  

Steph,

Bet he was told to 'make progress' on his advanced riders course

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 26/05/2010 23:31  

Dont forget the lack of indicating, not checking his blind spot before passing... best bit is the bike cop was getting paid to chase him.... How cool is that... bet he loved every second of it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/05/2010 23:33  

Yea and the cop was speeding too, did he/she give themselves a ticket? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/05/2010 23:43  

think he's stupid for continuing when a bike was following him so closely. I'd have waved the bike past, seen if he had and if not then i'd stick at the limit. And i too would undertake, did you see some of the open roads in front of those lane hoggers? Idiots

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/05/2010 00:12  

Question is, why, after committing several traffic offences, was the guy not stopped ? There was plenty of opportunity. Perhaps the cops are more interested in getting sensational video footage than preventing further offences. fwiw : I don't think he did anything particularly dangerous either.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 27/05/2010 10:16  

I noticed at around 1.19 on the video he slows to less than 55 to let the chasing bike past, he tries this a couple of times, then lets go as its like the chasing rider is kinda baiting the guy to race off. Yes he's a plonker but how many times does this happen? Some c*ck sits on your backside and you just think, blow you, I'm off. Hindsight is a great thing though and as we sit here armchair analysing, I wonder what we might have done if we were in his shoes (Dianese) at the time.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 27/05/2010 11:36  

I noticed how he slowed down and pulled over to let the cop pass.Yes he was a plonker for speeding like that, especially when he obviously knew he was being followed, but it did seem like the copper was baiting him.Hopefully forewarned is forearmed, as they say.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2010 13:09  

wish I'd seen that before I went to Margate, turned out to be an expensive day out

Update Reply
insanedj @ 09/06/2010 21:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email