MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Karma?!?

Karma?!? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Karma?!? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Karma?!?

Eh up, I'm back to 32%!!!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 06/09/2010 21:04  

lol mine is rubbish but never thought about karma really

Update Reply
earthwind @ 07/09/2010 16:47  

For gods sake is the size of your karma that important???? Or is it quality as opposed to quality???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 17:12  

well size does matter to some extent but i dont care if i am having fun lmao

Update Reply
earthwind @ 07/09/2010 17:26  

Think SF's post was in relation to my post EW, lol.... but you've penned what I was thinking - great minds and all that eh

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 07/09/2010 18:05  

It does however give other people some reassurance that you're not just a new member of the site with no other interaction sadly, i dont find it reassuring at all, completely the opposite lol, made wonder why their karma is so high (if they are pm'ing every member randomly, that leaves a lot to be desired).. lol.. so in my opinion (just opinion) karma does not give a true reflection of the member!.. eg. someone pm'ing every male/female on the website, how does that make them safer ? isnt that just a bit creepy? lol you can understand the mods having high karma.. that makes perfect sense; also received a pm from a mod when you first join the site is reassuring... i dont take any notice of my karma.. lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2010 13:10  

for someone who doesn't take any notice of Karma, you did just raise a topic that's been dead for a month and posted a lengthy message.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/10/2010 19:46  

lol .. i wasnt aware commenting on this post would have any effect on my karma

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2010 20:16  

Every post we make has an effect, if we post wordy posts karma rating could go up, when we post just a few words, or an icon on its own, then Karma rating can go down. There are many factors that make up a total karma score, a percentage of the top posters score is also one of them. If their rating falls then so do ours. This topic is like the 'what does a nod mean?' or the 'what's a real biker?' topics. I'm sure in a few weeks another new member will be asking the same questions about the karma rating. If it had an off switch I'd use it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/10/2010 20:36  

lol kwak... you mean you dont have control of the switch woman!!!! i honestly dont understand how karma works.. nor do i care to.. its not giving us a realistic impression of the member so i just ignore it! the nicest and most genuine people ive met on here have low karma. lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2010 21:07  

In case anyone is wondering I meant the off switch to my karma rating, not the off switch to the newbies lol No I don't, Geordie, surprising init?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/10/2010 21:20  

I want negative karma!!! how short do my posts have to be? no fence jokes pls.

Update Reply
julie j @ 09/10/2010 22:04  

lol... im shocked kwak.. i thought you were the woman with her finger on the button !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol "no comment" julie !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2010 22:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email