MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

UK Election

UK Election - Forums [Biker Match] UK Election - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

UK Election

Well it's about to start. What are your thoughts about the election? Who will you vote for a why? The TV debates were less impressive than I was hoping for, but it's about time UK voters got the much needed televised debate. For those of you who are unsure who to vote for, use this tool to help you decide... http://news.sky.com/skynews/Election/Vote Don't forget to vote for the policies you most believe in, rather than the leader who is the best speaker.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/05/2010 23:07  

been thinking about this for weeks,,,,,,,,hate Gordon Brown but believe in labour for the working class man,,,so will go for labour as i dont think any off the other parties can do any better,,,,,not saying they will do any worse either though!!! got to off past years,,,,,maggie and the miners!!!!killed this country etc,,,,,better stop as will go on all night....craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2010 23:15  

I also believe more in Labour and just hope that if they win they will get rid of Brown (who I believe has personally destroyed the Labour party). Here's one way you don't campaign for votes though... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/86637...742.stm?ls

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/05/2010 23:17  

The fact that they want to be MP's should automatically stop them from ever being one. They are all lying, cheating cretins. who are able to send soldiers to their deaths but would never put them selves at risk even by under cooking a chicken. i wouldn't p#ss on one if they were on fire. I'm an little undecided really.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 05/05/2010 23:19  

At the moment the three main parties are all right wing and authoritarian, so it doesn't really make much difference which one you vote for, you're screwed anyway.
My preference would be to vote Green, but as the Labour candidate "persuaded" the Green one to withdraw I don't have the option.BTW Matt, my result from the link you posted was "none of the above", which is pretty accurate. I think my personal choice has to be (and recommendation to anybody else) vote LibDem and make sure we get a hung parliament. That way we don't get another dictatorial leader, and MPs will actually get to vote on policies and laws. You know, a kind of "democracy".

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2010 23:31  

hahaha brilliant! That's the best speach I've ever heard on politics.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/05/2010 23:31  

Either everyone is using the tool i linked to, or you don't wanna talk about the big election of today. Happy voting

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/05/2010 00:45  

As a memebr of the armed forces I have seen the military systematically destroyed by the labour party, they say they have increased spending but in reality it has been less and less, because of this people have died, which has been confirmed by coroners courts around the country. If you think that labour ( I have always been labour in the past as have my family) can fix things they can't, do you not think if they could they would have done some of it already, the customs service has been reduced, police have stopped recruiting, arms of the forces are not recruiting, MOD police are being cut back and our bases will no longer be guarded by armed guards (its cheaper)..... our nuclear deterent is already a joke as the government took to long to decide on the new subs, the exsisting ones are near the end of their commision and even if they start building now they won't be ready in time to take over...... Trust me they are full of it, if they could do any of what they say they can they would have done it and said look what we did and will continue......but no....so if you want this country sorted out DO NOT VOTE FOR LABOUR IT WILL BE THE END OF OUR COUNTRY.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2010 01:30  

so who will you vote for? Do you think the Tories will do any better? Unless taxes are ramped up then there's no way anything like extra millitary spending will be affordable. Nor will our enormous debt come down without raising taxes. But if they raise taxes then they're also condemned. I'd hate to be a politician right now. Re the police freezing new recruits... I found this out today cos my brother was looking to join GMP and there's no posts available. But having worked for GMP for 6 years I can tell you that they waste SO MUCH money! The police (and I assume other public services) should stop wasting money, they get plenty enough but have no idea what they're doing with it. I used to get a crappy salary so I was really frustrated everytime I saw what the police would waste money on

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/05/2010 01:44  

I agree with GB and Johnny, I am a pads brat (raised in the army) and so was raised labour.

However this time round I will be doing as all the parties asked and will vote tactically... Hoping to cause a hung parliment as I think that will be best for this country.

So the lib dems will get my vote.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/05/2010 06:14  

Well today is crunch day,,,,,slept on it and have decided to still vote labour!!!!!! we all have our reasons.... For me its remembering my father and his father talk about labour is for the working man,,,i know things change,,,,but still believe this is still the best party for me,,,,although with a different leader if at all possible.....may or may not happen???? Yes,,,Labour has got it wrong,,,but i believe any other party will just make things worse!!!!for me i am going to give labour the chance to claw back and put some of the things right!!!!! I could never vote cons,,,,,to many memories of miners strike and communities destroyed in the aftermath!!!!! happy voting ....craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2010 08:30  

Well, for me there's a simple answer. Brown has been an absolute catastrophe for this country, both before and during his office as P.M.This country will be paying for his incompetance for decades Therefore I'll be voting Tory, not because I have any faith in their abilities, but because it's the only way to make sure Brown gets kicked where he deserves.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 06/05/2010 08:47  

Rob,,,if you have no faith in tories abilities then would you not be better off tactical voting,,,,dont agree myself but if i were undecided then that is the route i would have chosen????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2010 08:57  

As a sad git who has read through all parties manifestos and i mean all parties, i can honestly say that IMO theres good and bad in all of them. Doesnt it boil down to individual wants and needs from you as a person as to whos policies fit you best? I was impressed by Clegg at the live debate from Brum Uni but wont vote Lib Dem on principal as i dont believe criminal/unlawful behaviour should be rewarded and under their regime 60000 folk will be !! Think the big problem we have in this country is that folk are happy enough to bitch and moan about whos in charge and how badly the countrys being run but less than 60% of folk actually bother voting. To me if you dont vote dont moan !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/05/2010 09:59  

cw - good point, but no. The ONLY important thing is to get rid of the incompetant f***wit who's currently running the show. A tory win is the only way that will happen.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 06/05/2010 10:11  

If i chose not to vote becouse the choices are so dire. It doesn't mean i don't have a right as a citizen and tax payer born and bred in this country to moan about them If you all believe that these people, whoever gets in will do half the things they promise i'm afraid your all sadly misguided. The only thing they care about is getting their feet through the door of number 10. They will all sell their souls and lie through their teeth to do it. I can put up with whoever gets in. how can they have a mandate to govern when more people will have voted against them than for them.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 06/05/2010 10:34  

Squashy thats the thing about politics no 2 people can honestly say they think the same, as it effects everybody differently.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/05/2010 11:10  

Its been a hard vote for me as I dont mind the fact that my tax's are going to go up to pay for Brown's incompitance ... I do mind it when policies mess with the education system and the NHS in a derogative way.

Iv got 1 son at uni and my daughter starting uni in september ... and Iv got them at home as they cant afford to live in Halls or shared accomodation ...

I also have a son with a really rare chronic illness and does his own chemo injections at home every week and all his other meds cost a small fortune but he needs them to live!

Each of the main parties pologies are going to effect my family in the above areas ... thats what I will be basing my vote on.

I Will be voting to cause hung parliment as I feel that would be best for my family and also for the county in the long run.

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 06/05/2010 11:48  

The trouble with a hung parliament is there will be no involvement with the public for major decisions so deals between the parties will be struck behind closed doors! This means decisions will be biased towards the benefit of the government and not the country.

A very dangerous situation indeedy

The way the areas are divided up for seats means Labour could still maintain the highest number of seats from the lowest amount of votes, this is NOT a democracy. Did you know they got into no. 10 last time with less than 30% of the vote!!

Personally I agree with blues NO VOTE=NO ELECTION

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 06/05/2010 12:03  

i agree with you bluesbiker

Update Reply
stardust123 @ 06/05/2010 12:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email