MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Sat 3rd July - Brum Nite Tenpin Bowling and Curry

Sat 3rd July - Brum Nite Tenpin Bowling and Curry (8) - Forums [Biker Match] Sat 3rd July - Brum Nite Tenpin Bowling and Curry (8) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Sat 3rd July - Brum Nite Tenpin Bowling and Curry

Well you will all be pleased to know that i have no chance of winning as i only have 1 good arm lol

Be warned you will be put in random teams , and have to come up with a name lol (ones that can be printed please !!!!)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/07/2010 13:08  

biggest tip i can give you is don't forget to let go of the ball.....................awwww Ann you spoil sport, i quite like holding balls

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/07/2010 13:19  

I would suggest that at least a few people try to get a grasp of the scoring system. In the unlikely event that someone goes and knocks all the pins down then we could be there all night. It looks more complicated than it actually is. A game consists of ten frames, which start with a full rack of ten pins. In each frame, you have two deliveries of your ball, in which to knock down as many of the ten pins as you can. If you knock down all the pins on your first ball, it is called a strike. The score doesn't get added on straight away because for a strike, you get the values of your next two balls as a bonus. For example, if you score a strike in the first frame, then an 7 and 1 in the second frame, you would score 18 (10+7+1) for the first frame, and 8 for the second frame, making a total of 26 after two frames. If you knock down some of the pins on the first ball, and knocked down the remainder of the pins in the second ball, it is known as a spare. Again, the score doesn't get added on straight away because for a spare, you get the values of your next ball as a bonus. For example, you if score a spare in the first frame, say an 6 and a 4, then got an 8 and a 1 in the second frame, you would score 18 (6+4+8) for the first frame, and 9 for the second frame, making a total of 27 after two frames. When it comes to the final frame, it is slightly different. In the final frame, you get bonus balls if you strike or spare, to a maximum of three deliveries. If you strike in the first delivery you have the opportunity to strike in the remaining two and have three deliveries in total. If you scored strikes in each of your final three deliveries, the score for the final frame would be 30 (10+10+10). If you spare the final frame, you get the third delivery as a bonus. So, a spare, 9 and 1, followed by a strike would equal 20 (9+1+10).

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/07/2010 13:31  

very informative blues, good job they have machines that do the scores automaticly these days or we will be there for ever

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/07/2010 13:35  

I just make sure i don't knock all the pins down. stops my head hurtin. I haven't swung me balls around since i was at school. I'm sure someone will be takin it far too seriosly though. I want the excerise bit out the way so the the food stage can start.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/07/2010 13:43  

Sorry Uncle Phil, I read the first couple of lines then my head went all funny and into overload. I'm with Tracey, I'd be relying on the computer system if I went

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2010 13:51  

It's why i didn't play darts till the addin up backwards machine was invented.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/07/2010 13:57  

its all just a wee bit o fun for us daft folk ................ o and a reason to point and laugh at JP

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/07/2010 15:59  

arr leave the fat guy alone for 1nite. Lets pic on sum1 else instead. Lol.
Me tummy's rumblin already.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 02/07/2010 20:41  

Ok folks its official its leave JP alone nite and pick on Yammy wahooooooooooooo

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/07/2010 09:32  

Sounds like a plan to me :-)

Jackie will you pm me with where your all going 1st so if we don't make it to yours before you go we will meet you there

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/07/2010 09:34  

Meeting at the stirchley bowl at 18.45 19.00 dont be late or your balls will be reallocated

Update Reply
JP @ 03/07/2010 12:30  

What time is the curry?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2010 17:29  

Bugger, just found out I had 5 minutes to do a 30 minute journey. Sorry folks, I missed my curry. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2010 21:49  

Pitty you did not make it Gary ... we were all in there till gone Midnight lol ... they had cleared everything up & were all but pushing us out of the door. Was GREAT night lots of laughs & fantastic to see Mitchie Drobs & Jabeks all making good recoveries after thier accidents . Thanks to Ian who drove all the way home with me asleep in the car, think the lack of sleep this week finaly caught up with me & thanks to all who made it a fantastic night. Colin ... we have to have a rematch of that 2nd game ... cannot leave it as a draw ! PS ... My pics are up ... new camera did good .. would love to find my old one tho

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/07/2010 11:25  

Thanks for organzing a great nite out Jackie, had a fantastic nite out and was great to finally meet people been talking to for over a year and never met and also to meet old friends and make some new ones.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 04/07/2010 17:06  

Thanks for the photos Shell, what kinda cake was that and how many candles were on it?? lol Photos here http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_photo...ent_id=827

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/07/2010 17:11  

well wot a brill nite out is was for me, It were great to see every1 espesially after missing out on goin to barmouth. A big fanx goes to jaybecs for taking me and me wheels there and for pushing me around xx For me it was a great morale boost just to be there with so many great freinds, freinds old and new. Luv to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
drobess @ 04/07/2010 17:57  

What brilliant weekend! Great to meet up with lots of old friends and to meet a couple of new ones two! Great to see Drobs, Mitchie and Jay, glad you guys could make it! Yet again another brilliant night out.. great people, great restaurant too! Thanks to all for organising it! Looking forward to the next one xxxxxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/07/2010 19:02  

It was a big yummy chocolate cake that Jackie had got ... yummy !!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/07/2010 19:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email