MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Rear view helmets

Rear view helmets - Forums [Biker Match] Rear view helmets - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Rear view helmets

Hi girls and guys, anybody got any experience with the new rear view helmet http://www.reevu.com/

Update Reply
Santa3644 @ 26/04/2010 20:51  

hmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=a9uLsMq7mBE&feature=related

That has a report about how it all works . Not sure I could get used to it tho lmao

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2010 21:34  

I could do with one purely for BigNed watching purposes lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/04/2010 21:43  

Now now .. you love him really !

***she only wants it so she can present her assets as he approaches from behind ***

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2010 21:45  

I'm dying to get my hands on one - got to wait another 2 weeks for delivery though...mighty exciting

Update Reply
Santa3644 @ 26/04/2010 21:46  

No flippin chance have u seen the size of his shovels i mean hands ....

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/04/2010 21:46  

You will have to let us all know how you get on with it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2010 21:47  

Be good to se how you get on with the new lid

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2010 22:00  

TBH my first feeling when reading about it I feel too much might be going on in forward vision. Could something flying out of a junction behind you cause you to react as if it was in front? I know shoulder checks and mirrors are important but having stuff moving in your line of sight all the time from behind could be information overload? Danger of looking behind too much missing something vital in front? Anyway hope to hear more about it, but not my cup of tea

Update Reply
njl @ 26/04/2010 23:02  

Nor mine! I think it's too close to the line of sight to be safe as it could be easily confusing.

Also, I've had three or four accidents caused by things happening in front of me, but never because of things happening behind. It's important to know what's going on around you at all times, but the most important direction is straight ahead.

Besides, surely you are still going to have to look over your shoulder? After all, what is happening to your side is again more important I'd say than what is happening directly behind.

However, I could be proven wrong and it would be interesting to see how you get on with it. But I'm not convinced.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 26/04/2010 23:29  

Wondering if they have some sort of flip system on the mirror..From what I could make of it on the vid night-time riding could become a bit precarious if all you have is some idiot with headlights set too high behind you shining straight into your helmet via the interior mirror system, thereby illuminating the inside of your visor & decreasing outward vision..Thoughts anyone??

Update Reply
old red @ 26/04/2010 23:48  

Why do I get the feeling this helmet is a hoax? The guy in the vid looks well hacked off lol Good point made there, Red

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2010 23:53  

Seems to be a lot-but not a lot-about it on YouTube to be a hoax Kwak..And I couldn,t find reference to 01.04.10 cos that was my first thought April fool!!..We,ll see

Update Reply
old red @ 27/04/2010 00:02  

It has gotta be a joke. As a poster mentioned night time lights behind you would be a nightmare! We've already got mirrors for rear views that are adequate. Ratty

Update Reply
Rattay @ 27/04/2010 09:45  

At least you would know if you lost your pillion........ instead of seeing thier head you would see whats behind you..... Not convinced at all..... it wont stop a brain dead muppet in a box on wheels rear ending you.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2010 10:31  

If your sitting on a bike like an R1 or Blade or similar all your gonna see is lots of sky unless you have an extra joint in your neck. You wont see past a topbox or pillion. I really wouldn't want to see the frightened staring eyes of who ever is sitting behind me. The night time thing wouldn't be any different to being in a cage. I get lights in my normal mirrors anyway.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 27/04/2010 10:52  

the RAF have been using heads up display for years haven't they don't hear of them running into things coz the looking into them do you ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 27/04/2010 11:28  

This is very true WN, but then again, they don't often have to deal with people pulling out in front of them.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 27/04/2010 12:14  

There are a few slight differences WN HUD displays cockpit information in the pilots line if sight. There have been far far more military "incidents" and near misses than you will ever hear about, let alone the cause of them. As Blues will back me up, we used to get shed loads of reports in the crew room of official investigations into such incidents. Unless it is a low level incident or mid air collision, the pilot has some time to evaluate a problem and work out a solution. So HUD and a helmet mounted rear view mirror system can not be compared. In addition the pilots of modern aircraft have highly sophisicated computer systems to help fly the aircraft... to the extent that we now have pilotless aircraft that are flown remotely...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2010 12:18  

you cant do eneything about wots behind you.a wast of time and money

Update Reply
ogriy @ 18/05/2010 13:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email