MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

profiles with no pics

profiles with no pics (2) - Forums [Biker Match] profiles with no pics (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

profiles with no pics

My main problem when I first signed up was submitting a pic that would be accepted since I didn't know how to resize it. In the end and in desperation, I sent the pic to Matt and asked him to resize it and put it on my profile which he duly did. The PC software available didn't work for my Mac. Since then there's more universal software for reducing pics and I was shown how to reduce them on my system.

So, apart from people avoiding violent former partners or stalkers, I see no reason not to post a profile pic. It avoids unpleasant surprises on first meetings.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 23/04/2010 07:22  

Looks aren't everything !! ... thats why god invented night time and bags lol

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 23/04/2010 07:44  

No pics is indeed puzzling...

...but what I find even more strange is the popularity of the 'Tell you later' brand of motorcycle! Is this some new make/model that I'm unfamiliar with? - they appear to be very popular indeed judging by the number of people who ride them, at least according to their profiles!
Strangely, I've never actually seen one on the road... ;)

Update Reply
Warhed @ 24/04/2010 18:56  

mine has four wheels warhed but a am workn on getn two lol

Update Reply
madhat @ 24/04/2010 19:56  

Aww cheers Red......... seriously, I'd rather meet someone with a bit of fun, sillyness, excitement, adventure and life in them than an oil painting who spends half their life in front of a mirror...... looks fade, unless you add botox/filler every other month........ personality and what's inside doesn't... now wheres a Mr Bean clone, pwhoooooooar !! I've wondered about the 'tell you later' about a lot of things...... so I don't bother to ask in the first place !! No pic is like 'the bargain shelf of the supermarket....... pick up a tin with no label on it and hope you like the surprise when you get to meet the contents..... no thanks !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 24/04/2010 20:10  

Ahh Nuts..First thing that brought recognition of you at the Ure Welcome rally was that unforgettable smile.If you do make it over to Manc for the night out I,ll be sure & buy you a drink.. Would it help if I wore my turkey on my head??

Update Reply
old red @ 24/04/2010 21:25  

" mine has four wheels warhed but a am workn on getn two lol "

Ah, righto, maybe I'm making the mistake of thinking that when people put 'Tell you later' in response to 'Bike I ride/Own' that they own a bike but don't want to say what it is in their profile or something. Clearly I'm wrong on that score, at least in your case Madhat.

Update Reply
Warhed @ 24/04/2010 21:28  

haha !!! If you want to don a gaggler Red, then you wear one, just make sure it's not near the festive season else you could end up being stuffed into an oven......

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 24/04/2010 22:30  

And there was me going for the Mr Bean styleeee I know the head chef at Hard Rock & he wouldn,t let me near his ovens

Update Reply
old red @ 24/04/2010 22:44  

Warhed: I think you can get the 'Tell you later' model from the same dealership that sell cars with optional indicators & mirrors :)

Matt: really sorry I honestly don't have anyother pics. I'm cameraphobic,can't have photo taken or touch a camera. I know, I'm a freak :)

<NURSE! More meds please>

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 25/04/2010 12:21  

Its' simple nick. Go to the next meet up. you will be inundated with camera opportunities.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 25/04/2010 12:43  

Yup & you wont even know they are being taken of you half the time ... especially if PP is there with his camera !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/04/2010 21:49  

oh yes shell, PP's pics are classic in the art of catching his suspect's unawares..... !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 25/04/2010 22:05  

being 'guilty' of not having a pic on my profile thought i'd explain.....i did have some pics up a few weeks ago, as my daughter was around (rareity these days) and she put some on for me....then left to my own devices one night i thought i'd change the pics around(profile pic) and ended up deleting them all........havent a clue where they gone,as you may be able to tell i'm no p.c. personi have some photos on my phone which are up to date and would be ok to have on my profile but it baffles me how i get them on to p.c etc, so i'll have to wait till my lass is around and feeling in a helpfull mood and see what magic she can do...

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 25/04/2010 22:43  

i suppose the name dosent help.....lol....but that is more aimed at my bike....its a workhorse, in need of tlc, paint job, chrome sorting, rust removing, complete with rear indicators held on with tape(keep catching them going through small garden gate) so if i meet up with anyone just look out for the ugly bike ...but its loud and i'm proud

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 25/04/2010 22:53  

deception, ugly looks, stalkers, etc, wow its too complicated for me, i guess variety is the spice of life after all, im glad i am what iam, i feel a song coming on haha x Lol does nothing phase this girl....... its all spice of life bring em on lol...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2010 18:04  

NUTKIN68 Said "Looks aren't everything !!"

I should bloody hope not, or I'd have been kicked out of bed many a time.

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 27/04/2010 00:07  

Hi folks, I have to admit that I nearly didn't put a photo in as I have quite low selfasteem due to being overwieght. However, what's the point in hiding what I really am at the end of the day it's not always night and the wind might blow my bag off if I bump into any BM members at rallies lol. Soooooo, unless it's for safety reasons - don't be woosess and get those photos in. Thankfully, there are more genuine than shallow people about :- ) ps sorry if that got a bit serious, I had pm'd some members who didn't reply, paranoid I thought it was coz im a 'minger' may it was just that my message were plain boring lol!

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 28/04/2010 17:46  

bobkat, yer pic is cool, no worries, mine turned out ok when i had mine taken, usually id have deleted straight away haha, its just nice to put a face to the name.

Update Reply
stardust123 @ 28/04/2010 18:52  

Agree with stardust, regardless of what we look like (not many oil paintings out there), it's just nice to see a pic. that way when at events you have half a chance of meeting up with other BMers.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 28/04/2010 19:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email