MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Honda Blackbird Anyone??

Honda Blackbird Anyone?? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Honda Blackbird Anyone?? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Honda Blackbird Anyone??

Nail on the head Ian, it's black!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 20/04/2010 22:36  

woops soz teza did step on yeh toes there lol you can swap it for my Daytona terry its black plenty O room :D

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 20/04/2010 22:40  

Looks good go for it Rusty do the deal

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 20/04/2010 23:18  

Cheers Bill for the first vote of confidence

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 20/04/2010 23:24  

Hi Terry .....I would ask the guy for the original reg No and then do an hpi check on it.......just to see if there is any hidden history ...if its all clear and you like the test ride then go for it ....as its personal choice ...hope this helps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2010 00:32  

Looks quite smart RK. Does he have receipts for all the new bits?

If so and if you like the bike when you see it, I'd be tempted to go for it.

Good luck mate.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/04/2010 07:26  

I've just text n asked him for reg number and whether he's got receipts for bits, thanks for that Mark n Geoff, good advice

If he comes up with the goodies I'll have it by the weekend

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 21/04/2010 12:12  

ive just had a look terry it dose look a nice bike seams well cared for i agree with mark do a hpi check to be safe try it buy it enjoy mate

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 21/04/2010 14:11  

Ah but do you get the extras in the swap? If yes, go for it

Its up to just over £2k now and that's all its money without those extras and tbh even if it had the extras on, that doesn't jack the value of the bike up to the sum of all those.

So many people value their bikes with what's its cost with extras, they don't make it that much more valuable, just easier to sell. Better to sell it with the standard fitments and sell the extras off separately.

Oh and if you want all that camping gear on, you will have to allow for a givi rack

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2010 18:20  

Update:-

I met the lad last night at Wetherby services and he turned up with the bike in the back of a van, very strange!

Bike had been painted, had racing tyres on. Looked nice but very suspicious vin plate. We swapped bikes for a test ride and he asked if I wouldn't mind him winding mine on a bit. This lad was a total nut and at one point I was doin 150mph (off road obviously officer) just to keep up with my own bike!!

Didn't buy and to be honest wasn't that blown away with the performance so back to plan 'B'

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/04/2010 11:09  

shame you didnt like it RK but if you slightly suspicious then you did the right thing all though i wouldnt have been impressed with them riding your bike anyway as you buying theres not other way round this is why i do tend towards dealers instead of private sellers unless as with ratty the price was low enough in the first place as for meeting in a place away from there home address i thought that was a no no ! plus while were at it if that bike wasnt fast enough then your looking at GSX1300 busa stuff which is exspenive to run . why not instead of top end try some thing with more torque like CB1300 or or if u hadthe money KTM 990 super duke . happy hunting mate buying a bike is sooo hard these day i find too many variables

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/04/2010 14:39  

We were doing a swap Neal thats why he was riding mine mate. It was fast enough just not much better than i've got already and its not more speed i'm after. Just enough grunt to carry two peeps and luggage comfortably.

My intention was to go to his house tomorrow to do the deal we were just meeting half way for a test ride.

Think i'll just put some money into my suspension and enjoy what i've ot for a bit longer

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/04/2010 14:50  

Get yourself a Pan European 1100 with ABS before all owners of them decide they won't sell anymore! The 1100 was discontinued in 2002 so any you see now are at least 8 years old. Don't believe the hype, it's not an old man's bike! The bike loves carrying extra weight with hardly any drop in petrol consumption. I really should keep quiet about them to keep prices down, they're good for 200k with ordinary maintenance. If buying check the swinging arm for corrosion as it's expensive to replace. Ratty

Update Reply
Rattay @ 23/04/2010 15:23  

I like the look of the pan Rattay and looked at a couple last year but the 120 mph Pan Wobble puts me off and I'd rather scrape my knee than an electric windscreen in the twisties

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/04/2010 19:02  

The Pan 'wobble' didn't appear until the 1300 model was introduced in 2002 as the 1100 was discontinued. Get the 1100 - No worries, will do 135mph rock steady.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 23/04/2010 19:09  

Cheers Rattay i'll have another look

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/04/2010 19:22  

Pan european 1100 Expect to pay £2500 for a FSH model, 30000 miles, mint. Expect to pay £2000 for a good model, 60000 miles, with some service history. Expect to pay £1500 for a good model 90000 miles with some service history.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 23/04/2010 19:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email