MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Time to grow up!

Time to grow up! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Time to grow up! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Time to grow up!

LOL... yes.. see what you are saying Clarissa....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 17:40  

You a translator by profession, Paul ?

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 16/04/2010 19:10  

Well why would we ever want to grow up, in this modern world we live in we work more hours than any other country, we have mounting debts and face shit everything tax, fuel, congestion, just so much these days.... The young years are usually carefree memories so if getting out on your bike gives you a release from lifes everyday struggles then that's your fix... You could get hit by a bus tomorrow or drop dead from all sorts so I say hAve fun ride within your limits and do get the heart racing every now and again...

We all live out our life time .. But only a few of us really live .. Life is not about living to a ripe old age it's how you get there that counts.... And what you have experienced in that time.....

Stop now will get all philosophical in my old age lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 22:16  

Don't confuse being a grown up with turning into a boring old fart. Being a grown up doesn't mean I have to sit in my twinset and pearls knitting up a lovely pattern from the womans weekly, whilst nibbling on the victoria sandwich that I lovingly baked earlier. It means I've got the money for a bike and can afford to insure it, and can bugger off to a rally for the weekend and be a complete lush if I want. Don't knock it!... But then my kids aren't little any more. I would guess from the Mrs' attitude to you having fun, you would get the same comments if rugby or skydiving were your passion, coming home with broken bones every weekend, or for the non adrenaline junkie, coming home trashed all the time and ending up under a bus or with a pickled liver. Rather than stifling you, she's probably more concerned with being turned into a boring old fart herself, frightened at the thought of having to bring up kids on her own. Accepting responsibilities is not being grown up, it's being selfless!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 17/04/2010 01:11  

Grow up ???????? Why ??????? Tried it once, too much like hard work !!!!!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 17/04/2010 04:49  

To canyoutame - about the 320 miles & gettin the Harley Brochure out, I now feel like a boring OLD git cause I've got a Harley :- ( .......... they can be fun and frisky honest (the bike as well lol)

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 17/04/2010 18:16  

Yup old .... Harley lol ...... You need your pension lump sum to be able to afford one lol let alone keep the thing running with all the bits that fall of lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2010 21:12  

No I think you've got me wrong
I actually like harley's, but theres only one i've got me sights on and thats a V Rod. I'll just have some fun on me 'old mans beemer' first. Lol

Update Reply
SPESH @ 17/04/2010 21:44  

Cytm Mate you dont ride like an old man as I seem to remember you trying to launch it up the Horshoe Pass at Warp 6

Update Reply
Eltel @ 17/04/2010 21:50  

Tel - yep that was FUN

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 17/04/2010 21:55  

Hfg , was worried you going to end up on mi petrol tank !!!!!!

Update Reply
Eltel @ 17/04/2010 22:04  

johnnytb: the bits falling off are from the rider - not the bike lol

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 18/04/2010 10:45  

Bob- I think Tel was worried that I was gonna end up on his tank - the speed that we took off at

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 18/04/2010 17:15  

Life to short regret what you have done not what you have'nt

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/04/2010 18:49  

"regret what you have done not what you have'nt"

I like

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 18/04/2010 20:07  

grow up hmmm no thanks , the best years of my life were spent on pilly on my bfs old cb500! we went everywhere and anywhere, never been so happy, had loads of mates then and a brilliant social life , hope it gets back to that again,.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 20/04/2010 20:29  

hmmmm, I've acted 'grown up' for the past 38 years and it's done me no good, besides I've got a mental age of two, the last three years have been a 'practice' session and if the blasts around the country roads at silly speeds I've recently experienced are anything to go by, then whenever I leave this world, I will know I've had a blast........

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/04/2010 22:10  

im a born again biker, just call me peter pan

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 21/04/2010 22:02  

So what the hell does "grown up" mean then?

I've got a responsible job, manage people and systems, decent standard of living, I don't drink during the week, don't drink and drive, I have saved some money in the bank.

I have a bike that I enjoy and some good mates that I spend some time with, I have other interests than biking.

I haven't forgot how to enjoy myself and enjoy flirting and occasionally getting the black tie on for a "posh" do as well a scruffy pair of trackie bottoms for dossing around the house.

In other words to quote that famous philosopher Popeye, "I am what I am"

I think I am grown up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2010 09:14  

i think in the biking community the phrase grown up maybe means, not acting like a loudmouthed irresponsible teenager? just a guess.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 23/04/2010 09:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email