MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Time to grow up!

Time to grow up! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Time to grow up! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Time to grow up!

I don't want to grow up want to stay 18 lol, and when i do get old i will have my head transplanted on to a monkey body. (that should be good for a laugh)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 14:17  

There is a time in all our lives where we all have/had to be Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Sensible and bore the mantle of responsibility for various reasons and during that time I bet the majority of us lost or will lose sight of our own identities as we are submerged in what is the "correct" thing to do and how we are "supposed" to behave, our actions become little more than automated responses to external events. It is only when the burden of responsibilities lifts that one truly becomes aware of what may have been suppressed and if biking fulfills the needs and desires of the inner child then surely we owe it to ourselves to let it have play time too! Have taken the leash off my inner child & intend to let it play until it goes dark!!!

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 16/04/2010 14:24  

Scorpio does that mean you have to go to bed when its dark tonight lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/04/2010 14:35  

No BJ, means I can play til my candle gets snuffed out !!

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 16/04/2010 14:38  

She's not a biker, but my auntie has the same idea as Mr Scott and his CBF600...she went white water rafting in the Rockies at the age of 90. She's just turned 99. I spoke to her on the phone last week and she says she'll probably take it easy this year and have a holiday at home - last year she did Vienna, Prague and Budapest!

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/04/2010 14:41  

Scorpio how long is your wick ???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/04/2010 14:42  

Like you reply Scorpio..... I think that sums it up pretty nicely... And Wills.... I like ur aunty........ good on her...hope i end up the same... done my bit at bringing up a family, done my best now its playtime....... Done the responsibilty bit... My much loved VFR1000R was swapped for a car and a caravan when AJ came along.... no regrets it was the right thing at the right time so I understand how RK feels... But now, having gone through some tough times its time for fun fun fun........oh.. and more fun.... Grow up... me?.... nah

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 14:56  

I was born 'sensible', is there a book on how to grow DOWN?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/04/2010 15:02  

kwak.... a good ounce of the herbal sort will be a start in growing down lol

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 16/04/2010 15:03  

swapped for a car and a caravan when AJ came along.. Geeze i bet you wish you had gotten lots of white spirits too lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/04/2010 15:03  

kwak.... a good ounce of the herbal sort will be a start in growing down lol I don't smoke anymore and I've never liked the smell of wacky baccy lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/04/2010 15:11  

BJ, ask AJ about the day he set fire to the caravan and walked into the house sheepishly and calmly said to his mom "mommy, I've done something naughty" PMSL..... that is no joke either... good job I had a fire extinguisher in there... And thats why I have fire extinguishers in my car and on my bike and smoke detectors in every room.... smokey would be so pleased....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 15:31  

Bluey would it not be easier just to lock AJ up and never let him loose !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/04/2010 15:35  

Thanks for telling every one that papa smurf ! Just giving bj ammo lol

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 16/04/2010 15:59  

scorpio54" .........desires of the inner child" (and you say this in the afternoon,i'm impressed ) i run with this of course, and obviously it's 'whatever floats yer boat' ...... but i'd like to take it back to the original post...... .......what is the women in question really saying

Update Reply
clarissa @ 16/04/2010 15:59  

There's all eternity to grow up in after you're dead That's my plan. In the meantime...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 16:03  

Interesting point Clarissa..... I read into it that she is concerned about the welfare of her daughter and reaper...maybe??? Is there a prize for the correct answer...??? and who really knows what a woman means ??? apart from another woman..... but the question asked was... do bikers actually grow up or do we all loose all comon sense the moment that helmet goes over our ears ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 16:06  

vfr paul.... no correct answer mate we are talkin about the mind of a woman which changes more than the price of petrol i just know i had a bike and the mind of a 10year old when we met and i aint changed over last 3 years lol like my tshirt says...bike..kids...wife ..in that order and b4 i get loads of abuse i am only joking !!!!!!!

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 16/04/2010 16:41  

do bikers actually grow up or do we all loose all comon sense the moment that helmet goes over our ears ? reaper... from my own experience the answer is some dont... some do.. I'm in the some do group... as a car driver I'm classed as " drives like and old man" the kids used to hate going on a long car journy with me behind the wheel... but when I'm on a bike I'm exactly the opposite and common sense seems to be blown to the four winds... I'm additcted to acceleration and the buzz that comes with it, which is why I have limited myself to a 400cc bike.. I know if I had a bigger one I would use all the available power.... I know that for a fact because I had a VF1000.... so some common sense still prevails..just As it is I use all the available power on the 400 which is still enough to get into plenty of trouble.. so I think I understand just how you feel.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 17:04  

oh the 'joys' of communication absolutely Paul,but because of my exceptionally poor command of the english language lol, am not coming across with my point clearly; for 'women in question' read "wife" from whose converse inspired this thread my post is this; i think motorcycling isn't a case to be spoken of as; do bikers actually grow up or do we all loose all comon sense the moment that helmet goes over our ears ? i'm just saying; what we think in our minds eye is not always translated. lol

Update Reply
clarissa @ 16/04/2010 17:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email