MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bought a new bike recently?

Bought a new bike recently? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Bought a new bike recently? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bought a new bike recently?

Popped into the Harley dealership to get the service book on my Dyna Low Rider stamped, that was it just to get my book stamped with the 5000mile service. Walked out with a new Wide Glide, just how the hell did that happen It gets worse. Went in last week just to pick up the standard pipes for the Glide, that's it, not spending just picking up pipes and I'm outta there. But nooo, came out with a 1200 Harley 48'er for the missus. No wonder I'm skint

Update Reply
giantdog @ 01/07/2010 11:42  

but you look happy and thats the main thing and bet your missus is as well even better

Update Reply
earthwind @ 01/07/2010 18:56  

We are but probaly not as happy as the salesman

Update Reply
giantdog @ 02/07/2010 09:19  

had my Rocket 111 about 17 weeks now and covered over 6k,,,,enjoyed the bike but not the riding position,,so off to manchester 5am wed to beat traffic to arrange p-ex for BMW R1200GS,,,o5 model,,,nearly a straight swap,,,lost about £2 k on Rocket,,,but looking for a bit more comfort,,,,then hit the road straight back as start work at 2pm.. Rocket was great Down side,,,,,unsuitable riding position for ME!!!! Fuel-----cant pass a fuel station!!!! Price of rear tyre!!! craig.........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2010 22:56  

40 odd years ago when I left school, the first friends I made were a bunch of bikers, we had some great time and I was encouraged to buy a motorbike. So went to a motorbike showroom found a nice 250 BSA Starfire and put down £6 deposit, all I need now is some one to stand surety, but no one would not even my Dad. Later was given a 250 AJS but that got stolen before I had the chance to fix it up. 40 years go by and finally I took the CBT and bought myself a new Suzuki 125 GZ Marauder. Never too late I say.

Update Reply
pstephend @ 18/07/2010 20:54  

Count yourself lucky you didn't get the BSA.
They said it stood for Birmingham Small Arms.
What it really stood for and I have this on good authority, was Bastards Stopped Again!

Have a great time!!!!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 18/07/2010 21:25  

Sold my VFR on a whim...(offered good money)..treat myself to a Thunderace that has been lovingly cared for....over the moon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2010 21:03  

Well I've had my CBR 600cc for about 4 months now and I love it. To be fair I have nothing to compare it too but it handles really well, is very fuel efficient (gets me from Birmingham to The Lake District on about £11) and it has the ability to reach amazing speeds.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/07/2010 07:25  

I've just got meself an ཁ Blade Had a ZX6R before, which was my first bike. I love the extra power and midrange, but miss being able to spank it to within an inch of its life. The Blade is a bit of a stretch - I need to remember not to put too much weight on my wrists.

Update Reply
lincslad66 @ 02/08/2010 18:47  

Oooh nice bike lincslad66. How you finding the blade then on the roads? It's definitely a great model.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2010 00:09  

Gosh, really interesting seeing all your comments about bikes and their good/bad points. I have had my Triumph America 11 months and love it. I avoided HDs because of cost and I reckon an 864cc is big enough for the majority of roads, at least around Northants.

Update Reply
GregatHigham @ 03/08/2010 18:11  

I got myself a street triple its fantastic to ride loads of fun, have had to stay under 5thou revs for 500 miles which was a bit painful but now she is run in way hey..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2010 19:59  

A street triple looks a beast of a machin! If I upgraded, I might consider the new TBird, although a 1600 is a bit oomph! I will browse and admire the rtange at Triumph Live in September.

Update Reply
GregatHigham @ 03/08/2010 20:47  

I once had a lurvely shiny, nicely looked after VFR800Fi, belonging to the captain sensible club er...sorry....VFR owners club...cough...So, I polished it, and serviced it, and polished it, and...and...then one day, I got pissed of polishing it, and struggling to get the bl**dy fairings off every service, plus the fact that the previous night I'd visited a RAT BIKE site.....and, I must have been infected because.....I mysteriously reached for the hacksaw, and a tin of barbeque black spray paint, and I hacked all the dumb ass plastic off it, and sprayed everything....yes...EVERYTHING black...well, 'cept the headlights of course...snigger....Then, not satisfied with all the carnage, I started making lot's of ironwork for it, first Aluminium tread plate for the front nose cone (recovered off a Milk Tanker wagon) then a side mount number plate...oohh really kool...then a tank rack just like wot the old Trumpets used to 'ave, s'really handy to stack the bag of spuds and a newspaper on when you don't have yer rucky with you. Then a cover over the back stop/tail light so it's lurking in the dark...There was lots more done to it, but, I'd be here forever so this is the end.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2010 20:52  

Hi Morecombebaywander, love the Blade. I was surprised how docile it is around town. It's actually easier to stick to speed limits than it was on the ninja. Need to soften up the suspension a little - I think it's on standard settings - I don't like geting airborne over small lumps and bumps, and the seat's a bit hard when my 'nads slap down. Of course, I've not been over the national speed limit on it yet ;-) but if I were to open it up on a favourite stretch of road, I imagine that 150 would come so quickly and comfortably as to think I'd only just cracked the ton.

Update Reply
lincslad66 @ 03/08/2010 20:56  

That sounds ... dedicated! Does that mean you no longer polish it?

Update Reply
GregatHigham @ 03/08/2010 20:57  

Sorry Lincslad66, I was responding to GMoth, although ....
There's obviously a delay in the system (no surprise there then).
Being airborne over lumps in the road sounds too much like the IoM roads.

Update Reply
GregatHigham @ 03/08/2010 21:02  

Just picked up my rocket 3 roadster last weekend and was very surprised how docile the beast can be in traffic and around town till you let it off the leash now my arms are 4" longer but what a grin

Update Reply
badger59 @ 03/08/2010 22:18  

OK badger59, I'm envious, but the beast looks a lot to handle and I am one for sitting back a bit like on the HD's. I don't want longer arms.

Update Reply
GregatHigham @ 03/08/2010 22:23  

Cruisers have never appealed to me, but the Rocket does for some reason. Sat on one at the NEC - need to find somewhere that will give me a test ride, I think. Can't afford one, but would love to have a go :-)

Update Reply
lincslad66 @ 05/08/2010 00:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email