MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Whats your biggest Biking fear?

Whats your biggest Biking fear? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Whats your biggest Biking fear? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Whats your biggest Biking fear?

Waking up and not having mi bike, and it same for the hampton.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2010 21:33  

Had a rear wheel blow out on me, rear ended a car cos the two old dears were too busy talking and missed their turning so did an emergency stop in the fast lane, seized an X7 at 95 mph, been t'boned at a junction, lost the end of one finger due to ramming a sidecar outfit into a wall. No point in worrying about what might happen, if your numbers up........... I'm still here, still spurring the old girls on into a gallop, in the words of the immortal bard 'Don't worry, be happy'.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 27/04/2010 23:07  

ive had a few crashes in me time but me biggest fear is having one with me daughter on the back...reason why i tend to wear jeans and go slow when she pillion

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 28/04/2010 10:49  

...otherwise you ride fast and jeanless?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2010 11:25  

motorways cross winds oh and that stupid bridge near hull i find my vertigo makes bridges a little odd at times and motorway some thing to do with space and tin canners not knowing wot there doing but doing same speed or more as me yet im quite happy doing a ton plus on A and B rds hmmmmm

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 28/04/2010 16:21  

Although there is the always present fear of poor driving by other road users or myself, poor road surfaces, etc leading to injury to myself or others, my main fear is being stitched up by corrupt cops using "ASBOs" to seize my bike, trumping up charges of poor/dangerous riding, claiming my number plate is .5cm too small and so on. I believe that this is the main thing we have to fear these days.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 28/04/2010 17:26  

When its a hot day and cant find my bike keys.

Update Reply
D4VO @ 02/05/2010 08:32  

Biggest real fear is getting too old to ride my bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 02/05/2010 09:06  

the day they run out of petrol.. and there's only diesel left....

Update Reply
nawe @ 15/05/2010 14:22  

My biggest fear is getting too old to get my leg over the bike to ride it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/05/2010 17:27  

Mine is not being able to ride ever again for what ever reason.i,ve had some minor spills,and a rear blow out at 80 with my son riding pillion using all three lanes [not thro choice]to stop.but i dont dwell on thinking about what could have happened or might happen ,and just really enjoy riding.

Update Reply
joesa @ 15/05/2010 19:23  

my biggest bike fear is that im going down the road on a sexy custom harley with a sexy custom hairy man and the bike turns into a lime jelly and the guy turns into gordon brown !!!!.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 16/05/2010 11:24  

If triking fears are allowed then hitting those uneven bits of road that set the back end off doing its own jig. The trike equivalent of a tank slapper I suppose. That or similar situation on a bend where ya get a ripple in the tarmac that causes your front wheel to loose traction and makes you head straight into oncoming trafic or a brick wall.

Update Reply
Bloggsey @ 17/05/2010 19:38  

My biggest fear is that the rider doesn't give me clear instructions of how to ride pillion, to let them know when I am scared and appreciate the fact that I was SCARED.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/05/2010 19:41  

bandit I once got a train home rather than come back on the back of my mate. I had 60 miles of racing another bike at break neck speed and it was too dangerous to let go and give him a tap until we arrived at our destination

Scariest experience of my life and I will never EVER get on the back of anyone else, EVER AGAIN!!!

Hats off to you lot that ride pillion, you're a hell of a lot braver than me!!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 17/05/2010 19:49  

LOL ... RK ...

My 1st boyfriend with a bike ... whayyyyyy back when ... told me he would never take me pilly again after I went out for the 1st time ever...

I wanted to & begged him to take me again, so he said I had to trust him ... so his mate blindfolded me & tied my hands to the grab rail whilst I was pilly ... soon learnt to trust the rider

I never had any issues when pilly with Mr_P loved his riding style and he often commented how it felt like I was not there, that's what made me go for my test, but yes have felt like you once or twice RK !

Bandit, you will find someone you feel happy with when pilly & I assure you ... you will LOVE it when you do

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/05/2010 19:56  

thats no mate RK ! i allways ride to how the pilly wants to go because they got no real choice and i can go off and be mad on my own but i dont do pilly either not brave enough

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 17/05/2010 20:00  

He wasn't a mate once I got off the bike Neal

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 17/05/2010 20:07  

I am so pleased because so many of you have now convinced me that it wasn't me, it was him...no it really was him!!!! He was a rider worth over 30 years of riding experience....that didn't help me though!!! That said, I am willing to try pillion again and if after a very safe ride I decided that it isn't for me.....at least I gave it a go.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/05/2010 20:21  

Bandit ... say sod it & get yer own bike ... best feeling ever ... though I have to admit I like the odd pilly now & then still

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/05/2010 20:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email