MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Whats your biggest Biking fear?

Whats your biggest Biking fear? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Whats your biggest Biking fear? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Whats your biggest Biking fear?

Had to re-read canyoutm. . . .. couldn't work out why gravy should be a problem New glasses me thinks :>

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 13/04/2010 20:17  

I shall say nothing

Update Reply
SPESH @ 13/04/2010 20:35  

not being able to get on,

you can always fall of when you get there

Update Reply
thehairyone @ 13/04/2010 20:44  

Was only joking before regarding a blow out,fear of not knowing what is going to happen is a bit worrying,all your fears are really justified wether it be your partner or yourself,being hurt is not funny and puts so much stresson everybody that is close to you,but if you ride defensively you can at least be aware of the problems that are about,and take the logical action,just hope everybody on the bm site has a safe career biking,as well as all the other bikers.edd.

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 13/04/2010 20:48  

Someone nicking Doris.... that would make me or loosing monkey off the back... more seriously though.... being responsible for hurting my pilly when they've put thier life in my hands.... don't think I could handle that...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2010 21:10  

Losing a freind to a bike accident would be my biggest fear followed closely by me coming off me bike, hopefully neither will happen

Update Reply
drobess @ 13/04/2010 21:21  

My worst fear is not seeing the head level muck tines on a tractor in time,.. as it pulls out of a field. Twice in one day last year,.. not happened again since then and hope it never will.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 13/04/2010 21:29  

I think diesel and wet drain covers. Oh, and orcs.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 13/04/2010 21:31  

having lost family and freinds to the biking world, i take comfort in the fact that they died doing the thing they loved regardless of blame at the time. biking fears? none. Get on with it, i made the choice to ride, i picked the route/speed etc. I have less bottle in corners now but thats probably a good thing.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 13/04/2010 21:45  

Apart from someone getting hurt because of me, I would have to say the front end sliding out from after me, been so close with slidy round abouts etc or tractor mud on the road as you lean over to take a bend again in Cornish back roads at times you must have the ability to will your bike around corners upright lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2010 22:18  

Yorkshire is a bit like that. I've had all my bum twitching moments on yorkshire roads. Am sure that Lancashire has its fair share, i just havent found them yet

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 13/04/2010 22:25  

Scorpio i shall rephrase it then by saying was worried i couldnt get me leg over is that better ???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/04/2010 23:16  

Jackie not getting her leg over???..Unheard of!!! Awww fook! Adidas trainies on an I,m gone...................

Update Reply
old red @ 13/04/2010 23:44  

OR me thinks u had better make sure ur well padded wen i see you as i shall sit on you for that lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/04/2010 23:47  

No reply!!...I think I should fit in that hole I have just dug for myself!!...

Update Reply
old red @ 13/04/2010 23:56  

My biggest fear is being overtaken by a moped

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 27/04/2010 00:00  

Well always thought coming off bike ...... but think have to agree with others having a pilly on back and something going wrong. That rally scares me esspecially if one of my kids ..... not a good thought

Update Reply
jabecs @ 27/04/2010 00:14  

only come off a bike twice , once was tractor mud being dragged across the road from one field to the other, second time was a pedestrian running over a crossing and causing the car in front to slam all on then i ran into him !!the pedestrian skipped happily away as i lay ontop of the boot of the audi!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 27/04/2010 14:17  

breaking down at night(the bike that is) in middle of nowhere ...and no mobile

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 27/04/2010 20:04  

There are so many dangers out there eh?
I try not to think about stuff like that and just enjoy the ride as ghosthunter points out, and quite rightly too.
I remember my left hand covering the clutch after a friend of mine dropped a nut into my CM 125's engine. Now that was scary, for a while.

Update Reply
Dave Badger @ 27/04/2010 20:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email