MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fella's point of view please?

Fella's point of view please? - Forums [Biker Match] Fella's point of view please? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fella's point of view please?

Tell me guys, why is it so hard to get a date with a fella lately. Would you be put off by me having a baby and a toddler. I just want opinions please because Im curious. Thanks
Kerry

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2010 21:43  

I suppose some guys don,t fancy the prospect of taking on some other guys kids Kerry, it,s always been that way I suppose.. Personally it wasn,t something that bothered me when I met my wife to be(though we,re divorced now).. It,s gonna be a case of when the right guy meets you,he has to accept the whole package..There are some decent ones about still, I,m sure...

Update Reply
old red @ 11/04/2010 22:04  

Works the other way too. I find it hard when a bloke has young ones. Its nice to see he takes his obligations seriously, but difficult to make allowances

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 11/04/2010 22:07  

Oh well looks like I'll be single for a very long time yet then eh

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2010 22:47  

. . . just think of all the friends you could be making instead :> Keep smilin

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 11/04/2010 23:03  

I dunno i agree with what was said it's a case of when the right person comes along and if you look for it it never happens. I have a 8 year old with my ex and I suppose some can see me with baggage. I have my daughter every week and one long weekend a month. Like being a biker it what I am and not change for anyone

Update Reply
madscots @ 11/04/2010 23:05  

Noone is saying you should change, its just that different people want different things thats all

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 11/04/2010 23:09  

I don't think it's a problem, just something you accept when you meet someone

Update Reply
maxnod @ 11/04/2010 23:27  

In my opinion a dates just that, a date..... it's a long way down the road before your guy would be considering taking on your children Kerry, and even thats if you moved in together..... kids should be kept out the equation for a while so you can get to know each other first and have some fun times together... then if the times right introduce them to the guy you're dating and move on from there.... there are lots of great guys out there so good luck Kerry x

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 11/04/2010 23:39  

Will fall into place when your not looking. just let people take you for who you are And you never know what friends you might meet on the way On a bike note Cool Bike

Update Reply
micksaway @ 11/04/2010 23:44  

i agree with nutkin. And lots of guys have kids too. Down the road when it's the right time...there can be advantages. Although, step children, well that could start a whole new forum thread

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 12/04/2010 00:04  

Well i don't have kids, Just a lot of ironing so i have got baggage 3 suitcases full and a disco shirt.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2010 00:11  

Hi Kerry Its not just a fella thing I had to bring my son up from when he was 9 on my own and had same problem but as all the others have said you will the one your looking for and in the meantime just enjoy life bring the little one along to the meets your both welcome and could you never know who you may bump into all the best jp

Update Reply
JP @ 12/04/2010 04:24  

I agree with JP Kerry, I had 2 kids who were young adults, was hard for me to get used to having young teenagers about when Mr_P and I got together.

It's a hard road when dealing with somone elses kids cos we all have our own way of doing things and it's real easy to get it wrong l
lmao believe me I have the T-shirt!!!

But when it's right it works, it was hard for me when kids were very small, they were about the same age as yours sound when I divorced it is hard but I enjoyed time with my friends and with my kids and when it happened with somone they had to realise that my kids were my priority no matter what.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/04/2010 04:37  

Spot on again Nutkin! I totally agree that kids should be kept out of it initially (other than mentioning them of course!) not many people recah my age without 'baggage' although I would hate to think of my kids as 'baggage' - they are my world, my inspiration and above all else, always come first!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 12/04/2010 07:37  

Hi Kerry,

It won't help having your profile disabled by the way!

Funny how you've got so many replies from women when your title clearly asks for fellas opinions, you girls just can't help yourselves can you!!

I've got 5 kids aged 6 to 26 and i've got no interest in women who have none as they couldn't possibly understand the commitment or the responsibility. There's plenty of blokes about who are bringing up kids on their own or are part time dads so just focus on getting to meets/ride out's when you can and someone will turn up when you least expect it. An old cliche but it will happen

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 12/04/2010 09:00  

My profile is not disabled, I dont know whats going on there but every profile I look at says disabled too so not sure whats happened there. Im a full paid up member too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2010 09:06  

Well whatever you just did Kerry has just enabled it so alls well

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 12/04/2010 09:14  

I know silly me lol sorry. I didnt know so it must have been like that since it was reactivated a few days ago Well they say a woman loses her brain when she has kids lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2010 09:17  

Hi Kerry, I would say don't go looking for something just let it happen naturally. Unlike NK I wouldn't hide the kids, be open and honest that you have the kids and that you come as a package, if he's a genuine guy he will accept that. What I didn't agree with is that the kids come before the guy, they should all be treated fairly and equally. But as others have said, get out have fun and you never know what might happen.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 12/04/2010 09:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email