MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

a weekend away to the coast later in the year

a weekend away to the coast later in the year (62) - Forums [Biker Match] a weekend away to the coast later in the year (62) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

a weekend away to the coast later in the year

Spoke to lady at waterfalls about camping (Eleri & Aled ) Rhaeadr nantcol waterfalls tel (01341) 241 209 info@nantcolwaterfalls.co.uk www.nantcolwaterfalls.co.uk max 62 tents adults £7.50 per person per night need to be booked in advance

Update Reply
peter27 @ 29/06/2010 21:49  

Hey nice one Peter! Forgot to say...... Special Big thanks to you for taking us there and for very kindly watching the bikes and our gear while we climbed up to see the waterfall ! I for one would have struggled carrying my stuff.. I had to use my puffy-blowy (inhaler) as it was, without carting that lot too! lol I think we should definately arrange a camping trip there.

Update Reply
Karey @ 29/06/2010 21:58  

dont worry about dates for me, i honestly cant see me doing much at all for the foreseeable future. I am strictly non weight bearing on my leg for at least the next 10 weeks. I cant take the risk cos if i fall on it all the work thats been done will crumble and i will be back to square 1 or worse. some of the bone has been taken away and packed wiv bone substitute. There are many bike things i am missing out on this year and i am gutted about it but hopefully if I do exactly as im told by the doctors now I will have a half decent leg at the end of it

Update Reply
drobess @ 29/06/2010 22:02  

Pics are now on the events and in album in my profile if anyone wants to copy and paste

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 30/06/2010 01:59  

I agree going back will be great but have to go with JP (did i really type that !!!!! ) think a wee bit of thought needs to go into were and when

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/06/2010 09:35  

I have camped there before...it is a beautiful spot

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 30/06/2010 10:00  

well i think been there dun it had a brillant time lets move on, theres lots of lovely and interesting places around Britain why stick with one lets give them all a try, it could even be another part of Wales, and lets be honest it was as much the people and the wether that made it so good and going back a second time is never as good, lets just save the memories and move on

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 30/06/2010 10:31  

bit late peeps but first chance since finding out this post is the true Barmouth attendees topic postin, as opposed to the other!) just want to say big thanks to all peeps that shared their time with me, those that organised and executed this event and to Rossi46 for two pieces of her homemade choc cake. also apologises to Drobess for me 'missing news post' of accident commisserations and best wishes to you.

Update Reply
clarissa @ 30/06/2010 10:57  

Have to agree with Bikeabill. It was great weekend, many thanks to all involved with the organisation Wouldn't have any problem going back to the same site, but variety is the spice of life an' all that. Taking a large group to any site, during the main holidays will be a problem, but there's plenty to choose from and many will be happy to take us, away from the main dates, which is the best time to go anyway

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 30/06/2010 11:23  

Good idea Bill. Never done the north east coast suggestions?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 30/06/2010 17:58  

Have to agree with the "bin there dun it, let's try somewhere else" consensus. Lots of new places to discover! Just completed loading BJ's photos on events page so even more to giggle about!!

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 30/06/2010 18:32  

yes thanks to anyone and everyone who made it a hit xx

Update Reply
earthwind @ 30/06/2010 18:35  

there's always the anchor at friskney. free camping pub food can highly recommend it

Update Reply
yamahama @ 30/06/2010 18:42  

sounds good especially if the food is good :)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 30/06/2010 18:43  

well i think been there dun it had a brillant time lets move on, theres lots of lovely and interesting places around Britain why stick with one lets give them all a try, it could even be another part of Wales, and lets be honest it was as much the people and the wether that made it so good and going back a second time is never as good, lets just save the memories and move on

Llanberis???
New Quay (in Wales)?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2010 18:51  

I'd think it would be a good idea to keep half an eye on prices, a bit here and there and it all adds up!

Update Reply
yamahama @ 30/06/2010 19:10  

I also agree with it being a different location for the same reasons that have already been mentioned. Can I just thank everyone that has uploaded pics from the weekend, they are fab. If anyone needs convincing just what fun can be had by attending a BM meet, then please go take at look at the Barmouth pics to see the evidence.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 30/06/2010 19:10  

See my paddling pool did come in handy for all those that mocked lol

Thanks Posh for uploading me pics (see having an IT geek as your other half pays dividends lol)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/06/2010 19:51  

I could find a place on the east coast Yam. but we already have Kelso,Tanhill, Squires and the Friendly coming up don't you think that enough in the north for now. a friend of mine said on Monday he would organize a camp in the Derby area, that would break it up a bit, has he done any thing yet? or we could look at the Skegness/Yarmouth coast.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/07/2010 00:01  

i will bring my airbed if there is a chance of being near the sea lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 01/07/2010 00:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email