MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Kit/ Equipment/ parts reviews

Kit/ Equipment/ parts reviews - Forums [Biker Match] Kit/ Equipment/ parts reviews - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Kit/ Equipment/ parts reviews

Ok all, I know there are other threads out there looking at kit/ equipment/ parts. However with this thread I don't want it to turn into a nit picking exercise with lots of little one liners. Suggested format: State the item Where you got it Cost Write a short or long paragraph or two on it. keep it simple and to the point. State its pro's then any cons and summarise. Using this thread as a reference as a data base we can then copy and paste to a word document thus keeping a record of kit etc we may need in the future. It can help everyone else by getting first hand user knowledge to purchase or aquire these and not the magazine hype or store sellers bull to get a sale.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2010 18:02  

Scala Rider Q2 blue tooth headset MNC Group LTD 23 Salcombe Rd, Lipson Plymouth Devon PL47NE 01752 310310 £120 The Q2 is a Bike-to-Bike/ Bike to pillion blue tooth intercom. Capabable of communications among up to three bikers within a range of up to 500 m (best conditions) I have tested it to 300m. It is full duplex ie, it allows simultaneous speaking and listening between bikers and passengers. It can be used with blue tooth SATNAV for audio instructions , mobile phone and has built in FM radio. It also has a lead for plugging in your I-pod. The flat speakers are good and I can hear all commands from GPS and music at 70 -80 clearly. The system has a priority voice GPS-Phone-I-pod/radio. Passenger may also conduct mobile phone calls or listen to the FM radio independently. It has an auto balancing and noise cancelling microphone which isn't to bad even at 60 mph. Easy installation either by stick on unit or by allen key bolted mount. The main unit has a quick-release and re-attachment mechanism for headset unit for charging. All in all I find it a good bit of kit it helps big time when you are on that final part of the journey with the SAT NAV to get you where you want to go. The music is a bonus as well and easily turned on and off glove friendly. The battery lasts ages and if you fit a car charger to your bike you can recharge from there on the long motorway stretches if you purchase a charger extra (£9). The radio reception isn't the best but I haven't really used the radio much as reception in Cornwall is gash, when I have used ti up north its been ok for the most. The speakers are not stereo but are clear non the less. In the Box X1 Scala Rider Q2 Headset Helmet Clamp with attached 2X speaker 1X Mic Unit Dual Voltage Charger Mic sponges Velcro Pads Allen Key "wrench" 1X Carry Pouch 1 x I-pod lead Manual

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2010 18:21  

Info anyone???? I need a very warm lightweight sleeping bag, not keen on the mummy type but if i can find one with a bit of room (xl) then i would consider it.....(approx up to £80-ish) Think ive got my one nighter tent sorted--Vango Banshee (just need to see one up----hopefully at nxt rally) Last.....anyone tried the backpackers airbed????,,,,supposed to be lightweight and small to pack away?????? As yet ive never seen any of these, but will be looking out for them at nxt rally so any info would help!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2010 20:17  

CW I take a campbed and backpacker 6 tube airbed to go on top of it both very light and comfy, also keep a foil blanket in the inside pocket of my tent just in case it gets really cold and layer my bed with that.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 30/03/2010 20:55  

Cheers Cg,,,,,I can remember that foil sheet stuff at farmyard!!!!, will probably get one as it wont take any space up,,,,,campbeds not much good for me as i turn over a lot during the night and the one i used to use on nightshift at work used to flip and land on top!!! cheers..............craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2010 21:47  

craig have a look at the Vango Galaxy extra large sleeping bag. Its in Argos for £39.99 and its the best bag i've ever slept in. Loads of room to get your shoulders inside to keep warm and rollover without getting caught up in it. Only downside is it doesn't come in a compression sack so it's bulky in its bag.

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 30/03/2010 21:57  

Ive asked son to see if he has any compression sacks Terry,,,if he does i'll sort you one out,,,,,,I can remember you mentioning these sleeping bags at barn camp,,,will check out soon.....cheers ....craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2010 22:04  

Terry,,,just checked argos cat and its in at £59.99...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2010 22:27  

Craig, on the web the above sleeping bag is £39.99 from Argos, not saying its right or wrong but maybe its cheaper to order online ? also check out Vango Wilderness XL Square Sleeping Bag @ £24.99 on Amazon I'd be interested in the backpackers airbed too, I purposefully sleep on the ground to save space in my rucksack but if they're small enough to pack away, I may treat my old bones to one....

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 30/03/2010 23:00  

Gelert Backpacker Airbed Yeomans Outdoor leisure - 01246 571270 (Mon-Fri 8-30/5pm) Product Code - 56108500000Brand - Gelert £9.99 Light weight nylon/PVC with 6 individually inflated tubes Inflated size (L)180, (W)75cm Supplied with carry sack Pack Size is: 27 x 10 x 16 cm This looks pretty perfect for me, the six tubes inflate individually so if your asmatic like me, its a god send, packs to about an A4 size so can slip in amongst spare clothes..... will definately be getting one cheers for the recommendation CG

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 30/03/2010 23:10  

Sounds just like the one I got, I will find it out and put the measurements up on here. As for stuff sacks you can get them from most camp shops fairly cheap if you shop around, or you could make your own like I have from rip stop material. I also take my stuff in compression plastic bags, they are like the vacuum ones but you only have to roll them up to get the air out and they work great keep clothes flat and wrinkle free to if you pack them right. (Fantastic for women who like to take all but the kitchen sink with them)

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 30/03/2010 23:47  

lol, does no one look at the first page of the threads our data base has now lots of little chats on it.......mmmmmmph shrugs and walks off shaking head I knew it wouldn't work........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2010 00:57  

lol @ John, I kind of got it right............

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 01/04/2010 15:25  

craig i got a crackin sleeping bag at moutain warehouse for £35 its a moutain life summit 300 xl !! if i can fit in it u got no probs !! lol rolls up neat n,d is light but warm it is a mummy one tho but roomy do what i did nd try it on in the shop !! also got a double air mattress for £29 takes up less room than my old foam mat and isin,t 2 heavy, from same place!! just need to get pump for it

Update Reply
bigned @ 03/04/2010 09:40  

** pictures a yeti stood in a mummy sleeping bag in the middle of a shop **

We have a battery pump Ned , only £10 from Argos & you can hook it to 12v

& for the ladies ... I also have 12v straighteners

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/04/2010 10:18  

craig i've just had another look at Argos and it's deffo £39.99 unless there's summat wrong with my puter!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 03/04/2010 10:20  

Just found this sight that has some cracking tents for a good price...check it out... http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping/tents

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2010 23:19  

nice one johnny,,,theres a branch of thiers about 25k from me so might pop down to check out the banchee 300,,,,3 berth backpackers tent,,,,thinking thier may be more room for bike gear in 3 berth than the 2 berth........craig,,,,and still compact for bike!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2010 23:28  

we put one up for a someone at a rally and it was like the tardis inside light weight and small...see if they will put it up for you before you buy...also Lidl are doing £12 self inflating foam centered air matts again a much more comfortable night and a 5th the price of the base camp therma rests

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2010 20:08  

This web site is pretty good they do all sorts of kit some useful to the rally going campers, they are cheap as chips as well... http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2010 23:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email