MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Smoking to be banned in cars?

Smoking to be banned in cars?  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Smoking to be banned in cars?  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Smoking to be banned in cars?

I'd be quite happy to bow down to anything that saves 'innocent' bystanders all of that terrible pain and suffering caused by smelly clothes etc as long as the moaners are banned from the smoking areas in the summer. They spend all winter huddled inside watching us standing in doorways etc yet come the summer they want to be amongst us! If you don't like the smell don't associate with us and go and stand somewhere else, pretty simple solution really!

I smoke in my home, my car and my office because they're my spaces and I can do what I like in them so put that in your pipe and smoke it Anyway rant over, time for a fag

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 26/03/2010 13:27  

Blimey, pass me a ciggie RK, I need one after that rant! lol

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 26/03/2010 15:09  

...I forgot to say, that you are of course right. In the Summer, they all tut tut when they sit in the garden, cos that's where the smokers are (and have been all bloody year!)....social pariah's all of us *goes to sit in the naughty (smoking) corner*

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 26/03/2010 15:10  

I think we should start a smoking revolution cissie and tut at everyone sitting outside without a cig!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 26/03/2010 20:01  

agrees RK xx

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 26/03/2010 21:11  

with my big screen / deflectors / open face crash hat ,i can smoke on my bike upto 45mph before i get a face full of ash. i have even smoked while wind surfing ,has to be flat water though.

Update Reply
ASENR @ 28/03/2010 15:58  

I have been tutted at and heckled whilst walking in the town center whilst having a ciggy, since cant smoke in cafe's / etc, and always put cigs out in the provided bins safetly, maybe i should get myself a couple of hundred acres of land in the middle of no where to smoke my fags i think there are more man made pollutants that are much more harmful than ciggy smoke to children in the world we live in today....if you were to think of them all ,you'd end up putting kids in a sealed bubble...(not that i'd smoke around kids) I dont think the ban of smoking in cars will happen.

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 28/03/2010 17:29  

have a fag while surfing wow have to learn to surf then they won't get me out there ... or will they

Update Reply
Wheelienice @ 29/03/2010 17:44  

Well said RustyKnight totally agree with your sentiments. It drives me mad that we cannot smoke in pubs anymore, Matt, it's all about choice - why not leave it to the landlords to decide whether they have a smoking or non-smoking pub? But there is no choice, we have to be dictated to by this wonderful nanny state government, and after the ban even Alastair Darling admitted the smoking ban has driven hundreds of pubs out of business, and still is, what a bunch of t*ssers! And as for banning smoking in cars, why should I stop smoking in my own car? I have no kids, and certainly don't want any, and am doing no harm to anyone else, so I see no reason why I should not smoke in the car - however when I have taken kids in my car I have the sense of responsibility not to smoke, and that is the problem, the government impose rules on everyone because a few pratts are too selfish to do what any decent person would and should do. So instead of the scumbag pratts getting punished everyone has to suffer, it's b*llox.

Update Reply
nitrousnige @ 30/03/2010 22:09  

What ! Let people decide their own fate ! It'll never catch on. This government have your interests at heart. And the sooner the self-serving, dictatorial bunch of thieving, lying, two-faced hypocrites are dumped out of office the better.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 31/03/2010 09:22  

Only to be replaced with another bunch of self serving, dictatorial, thieving hypocrites no doubt Rob!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 02/04/2010 06:59  

Unfortunately true

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 02/04/2010 09:42  

A nice lively fun/fact filled debate...At the end of the day let,s face the reality of such nonsensical whimsy ideas put forward by the sterling leaders of our (once) great land...It just won,t work!! It is actually quite easily enforcible though, even though I can,t imagine too many of our dwindling number of law enforcement officers being prepared to spend the time & resources to actually enforce such idiotic piffle! It is indeed a moral question, and a hugeto those who do not smoke where there are children about i.e in the confines of a car, perhaps educational advertising on the matter would be a better idea. Where do we draw the line on the Govt imposing their will? As Matt pointed out obesity is a bigger killer than alcohol & tobacco..Lets close down all the fast food joints, I can envisage a time when when stop & search also includes checking the contents of your sesame seed bun..When the day arrives when I can actually believe the Govt is interested in our welfare I for one will question the sanity of our leaders..@ R.K..Terry if you really miss the comfort of sitting with your fave tipple & enjoying your fave baccy in the warm surroundings of a bar...Become an M.P!!! The bar at Westminster has not been made smoke-free & it has the cheapest booze in the country!! Makes you think dunnit!

Update Reply
old red @ 02/04/2010 10:51  

That last sentence just about sums it up. How the f can the commons be exempt from a national smoking ban ? Classic do as I say, not as I do

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 02/04/2010 11:39  

Cos the rest of us dont have MP after our name Rob !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/04/2010 18:32  

The bar at Westminster is not covered by the ban cos they say that it is a Private Club...therefore, not a Public Place....hmmmm *goes to phone landlord of local and suggests private club status - private for smokers only!* lol...

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 05/04/2010 06:55  

There used to be clubs where you signed in as temp members to gain entry. Not sure how they'd stand now.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 06/04/2010 14:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email