MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Spring is sprung!!!!

Spring is sprung!!!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Spring is sprung!!!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Spring is sprung!!!!

No probs hun

Update Reply
Di @ 11/03/2007 20:12  

hey graham castleton is a lovely place glad ya enjoyed it,

Update Reply
storm @ 12/03/2007 14:10  

If I am going anywhere there will be a crowd I tend to take the helmet bag with me, the amount of visors I have scratched when clumsy people barge you into walls, bollards, concrete bins etc is unreal, I can't afford to keep replacing them, so even if it looks strange to others I reckon it saving me about £60-100 a year in replacing visors. Oh and lets not even mention the brats with the icecreams who manage to get it all over you and your gear as well as themselves. Mr Whippy straight in the helmet eugh, and half chewed chips, and melted chocolate! The list goes on.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/03/2007 15:14  

Update Reply
Di @ 12/03/2007 15:16  

nowt wrong with mr whippy its my fav ice cream but i like mine still attached to the cone !!!!! oyster shell ones are the nicest though !!!!!!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 12/03/2007 16:21  

agree wiv u there storm.x

Update Reply
witchiest @ 12/03/2007 17:02  

.... and omg today has been amazing and has spring sprung again for me!!! Promoted up to 500 DAS bikes at riding school, first lesson on "big" bikes today - as usual, women get no concessions, in fact Im sure we get it harder at my training school(pardon the pun!!). Got told to take the lead and asked to do several U turns, all of which I did without question and through busy rush hour traffic. Took it in my stride, calmly, cooly without any blonde moments!!! Lost instructor and 125 with us - much faster 500s arent they lol!!! Out on my own for a bit lost radio contact then brought her back to school to round of applause!!! Got told (and my instructor praises very little!!) I was a gutsy classy little lady who had a smooth first DAS 500 ride!! Icing on the cake - told to put in for my test asap as he never gets students to take lead or do U turns on first DAS lesson - just wanted to see what I had and proved I was ready!!!! The bugger, thought he was a bit harsh even by his standards but what an awesome day. High as a kite now and riding my new Monster doesnt seem quite so far away. Just goes to show ladies, those of you taking lessons to ride your own bikes (even the blonde ones,)keep at it - if I can do it you can too!!! Sandy x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2007 15:34  

Sorry storm only just sorting this forum out , yes i love castleton and around the hope valley i only live 25 miles away but it could be hundreads there is some good bike road and some that are not for the inexperenced i live close to the strines that is a terrible road but ok if you take care and half way over is the strines inn where you can stop for coffee on the way ..........

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 13/03/2007 16:21  

HEY WAY TO GO SANDY AN THATS FOR KEEPIN THE BLONDE MOMENTS AT BAY, THERES HOPE FOR US YET !!!! BET IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE YA ON YOUR MONSTER AN ON LOADS OF RIDE OUTS SOOOO GLAD IT WENT WELL FOR YA, CONGRATS

Update Reply
storm @ 13/03/2007 16:22  

Well done Sandy, now go get your licence! Quite a fiesty lass then for taking the lead? Ciao Paul

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2007 16:30  

well done sandy,ur a star!!!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 13/03/2007 17:18  

thanks all, nice to know you're all there and rooting for me too, had some good advice, support and encouragement from some of you experienced riders pm-ing me so far. Means alot and sure has helped (plus met my special biker guy from here without even trying to-fate maybe? - so cant be bad lol!!) - buzzing right now!! We're off for biking weekend this Friday so couldnt be better uh lol? What a truly special lot the biker community is!! Yes, I am feisty Paul but if you're not at my riding school, you soon learn to be with my instructor - no choice, and if you complain, get it worse next time lol!!! S..... or bust as they say lol!! They call is "character building" but as I keep telling them, my character doesnt need building - its bloody sexual harrassment lol!!! Seriously though, they are brill teachers and really want you to do the best you possibily can too so I have alot to thank them for too. As they keep reinforcing "we teach you how to stay alive out there not just to ride a bike"!!! If nothing else, Im a quick learner and dont ask for more than I can handle so yes, looking foward now to gaining more experience on 500s and getting through test ready for summer. Smooth and gently does it, power on, but here I come.............watch this space, Im coming through lol!!! Sandy xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2007 06:31  

hi grahem dont know the places round castleton but it is nice we used to go over christmas time when jak was small and believed in santa !!!!!. fraid santas now gone where the tooth fairy went.... didnt like the shops in castleton too tiny.... mind hate shopping so most shops are out hehehehehehehe. never been to hope valley but parents have an they said its nice, were so lucky to live in the middlish of england cos its so nice and on most peoples doorstep

Update Reply
storm @ 14/03/2007 16:13  

Santa went where??!!? Nobody told me!

Update Reply
dazpants @ 16/03/2007 14:55  

sooooooooooooooo sorry to break the news to ya daz but santa went where all the wonderfull giving people go................... into early retirement these days, cos the kids grow up tooooo soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 16/03/2007 14:57  

am glad sam cant read cos hes sat on my knee just now! x

Update Reply
witchiest @ 16/03/2007 16:20  

awwww tell smiley its ok cos he comes out of retirement once a year for all the little ones who have been good and slept through the nite !!!!!!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 16/03/2007 17:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email