MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Spring is sprung!!!!

Spring is sprung!!!! - Forums [Biker Match] Spring is sprung!!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Spring is sprung!!!!

Must be spring, never seen so many bikes out in such a short space of time today

Update Reply
Di @ 10/03/2007 10:48  

yep ur right there hardly seen any since nov ,seen more today than in the last 4 months prob be loads out sunday. we have averaged 12 bike out every sunday over winter expecting double tomorrow out to the cotswolds

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2007 13:45  

it was fantastic to see. sooooooooooooooooo when i got home

Update Reply
Di @ 10/03/2007 14:16  

......and today I just got promoted to DAS 500 bike so no more lessons on my little 125!!! Been almost there for a few weeks now, then went to pot!!! Today, Im there at last!!! Next stop test and hopefully riding my own "new baby" for the summer months!!!! Wow, what a day, even got son to take me for first spin on pillion on my new bike, I was smiling and giggling so much that altho he is a self confused adrenalin junkie and sports biker, (altho I have to say, a very good safe rider, better stay that way too!!) he said listening to me having so much fun made him laugh and made his day too. Not bad uh, some mother/son bonding on bikes and having fun together..................quite a day lol!!! Sandy xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2007 15:10  

Yep, it's getting warmer. I stepped into my local bike shop to buy a helmet for my brother to wear as pillion. The salesman at the bike shop was trying to get me to take a Fireblade out on a test ride, but I had to decline because I knew if I took it out I would end up signing for it! Besides my son was with me and I'm sure he wouldn't have appreciated daddy going AWOL for a few hours. Sandy, getting all giggly and excited about your new bike is cool! Hope to see you soon on the roads!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2007 17:15  

and NO foggy visor!!! And!, caught my first fly!?!?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2007 19:53  

It was good to see bikes out on the road... even if mine wasnt one of the. After 5 minutes my clutch blew Oh well, its all part of the fun.... so they tell me.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 10/03/2007 21:29  

Hope you're not veggie rushwind? Daz, get it sorted quick before the sun disappears

Update Reply
Di @ 11/03/2007 07:48  

anybody want a pillion? just 4 a quick blast while sum1 watchs kids 4 me? ! x

Update Reply
witchiest @ 11/03/2007 08:11  

Hi All aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh finally got promoted up to DAS 500s at training school yesterday, back home then pestered son to take me out on pillion on new "baby"!! Again today, what a lovely weekend for biking - Robin Hood Bike Club out on rideout, all nodding and smiling at us and what an exhiliating/fun ride. Got pics to put on site so you can finally see "her" she's just awesome. Next step, crack those DAS 500s and test - here I come...................met a really special biker guy too.........early days but he's lovely so heres hoping.........................mmmmmmmmmm nice weekend!!! Sandy x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2007 12:53  

wtg sandy. fingers crossed for ya hun. get those pics on soon. lets have a look at her x

Update Reply
Di @ 11/03/2007 12:55  

pics on now "girls" - had to downsize as file too big, but see what you reckon..............Im sure getting ready for spring/summer coming - well and truly sprung now lol!!! Sandy x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2007 13:27  

right at home hun. x

Update Reply
Di @ 11/03/2007 13:50  

just had a peek at ya pickies sandy... well cool hunny congrats for getin the promo you'll soon be in the saddle and ridin out just in time for the summer matlock bath is only a few miles from me i bet the roads were rockin with bikers today, its a great atmospherer down there hey you lot stay safe through the summer, ride cafefully i've lost a few peeps to bike accidents dont become another number please

Update Reply
storm @ 11/03/2007 14:12  

yeah friend of mine was at Matlock Bath today, said it was brill!!! been talking to a few bikers who are going to MCN weekend at Butlins Skeg so as we're going together we will maybe meet a few there? Son and I yet to get to MB for full english in bikers cafe but that will come soon no doubt!!! Dont intend to join the stats Storm - may be new to biking but learning the correct way - plenty of emphasis on safety at riding school and as a car driver since 17 and mum of very lively lad too (stopped him getting into big bikes till he was mature enough or he'd be dead now!! hence only passed test and got one last year - now takes mum out too!!) I am only too aware of the dangers out there. Never lose respect for the power of the machine(even on my 125CC!!)never think you know it all and never have anything more to learn and never trust the other road users.................I intend to stay safe and still have fun out there - life is for living and boy am I doing that and enjoying it!!! Sandy xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2007 15:06  

went down to stratford then on to bourton on the water , awash with bikes at both places i think for a lot of them it was there time out since last summer very shiny bikes and leathers.and they all seem to walk around with there helmets in bags.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2007 16:08  

helmet in a bag?

Update Reply
Di @ 11/03/2007 16:09  

yes most helmets come with a bag to stop it getting scratches , first time i,ve seen people use them when there out thou

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2007 16:14  

Update Reply
Di @ 11/03/2007 18:02  

Hi there i have been to castleton derbishire and you couldnt move for bikes really good as you say sping has sprung!!!!! Not all good one fatality near home and two more bike downs. I think this is due to riders who only ride part of the year and dont take time getting used to there machines after a winter lay off Hi there Di sorry i carn`t pm at the moment

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 11/03/2007 18:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email