MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fatality near Squires 28 Feb 2010

Fatality near Squires 28 Feb 2010 - Forums [Biker Match] Fatality near Squires 28 Feb 2010 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fatality near Squires 28 Feb 2010

There has been a fatality just after the bridge at Squires Bike Cafe today. I had just got back home and my mate text me to say a biker on a black Ducati had been involved in a crash with a car which was carrying 2 small children and a baby amongst the passengers. It turns out the same family had been sat next to me inside Squires, I don't know if any of them are seriously injured but apparently the biker didn't survive. There was another accident near the roundabout just after i arrived there, 2 cars involved, one a landrover which had turned over, don't know what the outcome was, but the Air Ambulance attened both accidents. Be careful out there, whether on 2 wheels or 4 xx

Update Reply
Karey @ 28/02/2010 19:56  

it was horrible, i was on my way to squires and it had just happened to lad on ducati he smashed into the back of this car. he was on the floor the car was wrote off and the bike in pieces everywhere. the bloke was dead. im still shakin with shock. the ducati was speedin unfortunatly he'd set off rather quick as anyone will no if they've been, under the bridge. theres no way he could of slowed down at that speed. its made me think. i send my love to his family its a pain that'll never go away. as for me i'll recover from shock

Update Reply
monkey1985 @ 28/02/2010 20:30  

Thats just so tragic Kaz, my thoughts go out to all family and freinds concerned

Update Reply
drobess @ 28/02/2010 20:32  

Thoughts to his family and friends, total nightmare

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 28/02/2010 20:35  

just shows it dosent just afect you if your going to fast it effects all involved inculding witnesess hope you feel better soon MF a moment of madness a lifetime of pain my thoughts go out to family and all involved

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 28/02/2010 20:51  

just seein him lying on the ground i cried my heart out when i parked up. lets just say i'll be on bus tomorrow to work

Update Reply
monkey1985 @ 28/02/2010 20:57  

Not the first accident near that bridge. Take care you lot, you're all too special to lose. Watch out for those bloody pot-holes too ! X

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 28/02/2010 21:41  

thoughts go out to everyone involved,, craig...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2010 21:47  

I wonder when/if the authorities will make changes to the lay out of the road(s) near Squires. Something needs doing, there's been far too many accidents on that stretch of road. My son was one of them a few years ago, he was one of the lucky ones that survived.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/02/2010 23:41  

:( such a shAme, was just talking to my dad about this kind of thing :( how easy it is to mAke a silly mistake .. My thoughts go out 2 any1 effected ! Luke

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 01/03/2010 00:09  

Thoughts go to all involved and affected xxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/03/2010 00:17  

Its so sad made me feel sick... Just be careful .. thinking of those poor families suffering tonight x

Update Reply
moonstone @ 01/03/2010 00:23  

Probably no consolation for the families, but according to the press, as of 9pm last night, I am happy to report that the guy didn't die. He was in critical condition though and was said to be "fighting for his life".

yorkpress.co.uk/news/5033326.Motorcyclist_fights_for_his_life_in_
hospital_following_crash_on_B1222_near_Sherburn_in_Elmet/

As I say though, that was as of 9pm last night and I can't see any further updates.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 01/03/2010 07:30  

i hope he survives....a moment of madness with the throttle.....i wasnt there so cant comment on this incident, but how many times do we go to bike meets and people leave and tear arse off for some reason.....it happens all the time at bassetts, the vic, six hills.....why do some of us feel this has to be done like we have something to prove to ourselves or prove to other folk that our bikes can accelerate quickly ???.......such a shame

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/03/2010 07:40  

Just heard from a friend that was at Squires last night:- apparently the car was doing a U-turn just after the bend on the other side of the dip and the ducati rider accelerating, he didn't have a chance to ease off the throttle It seems he's a friend of Jason's (Squires manager), he went running up to see and came back in shock. I hope he's pulled through, but I'm not so sure. Thoughts to all friends and families concerned. Take care everyone, keep your wits about you and ride/drive safe xx

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/03/2010 08:26  

Always sad, and a bit of a wake up call to hear about incidents like this. My thoughts go out to everyone involved. x

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 01/03/2010 08:59  

Thoughts are with the family and praying he pulls through..Fight young man FIGHT xxx

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 01/03/2010 12:42  

Im with Ian 100% on that. Regardless of what we do there will always be the odd person who likes to show off or act the arse for whatever reason. We don't need to do it, we don't need to give people excuses to come down on bikes.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 01/03/2010 13:21  

sometimes fate steps in at the most inappropriate moments to cause chaos.

Thats why my thoughts go to all involved!

On a personal level at least the people in the car werent joyriders!

Update Reply
pinkninjagirl @ 01/03/2010 19:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email