MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Divorce

Divorce (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Divorce (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Divorce

Got to admit regardless of how amicable un-amicable a divorce is then the decree absolute come through it is a Little depressing. Only because it is just something printed off on a laser printer then stamped by some oik in the courts offices. When you consider the marriage certificate is a well presented hand written document.

Update Reply
Phil @ 02/03/2010 23:33  

Go on Phil, make em all feel better why dont you!!! It depends on how you view things really doesnt it? Most people file for divorce because THEY no longer want to be together....is that something to be sad about? I would say not...it gives you the freedom to get what you want/be the person you want to to be

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 02/03/2010 23:41  

but then again alot of people just drift apart and still stay friends especially if kids are involved and it is a little sad I suppose when you print of your end certificate....but....its the beginning of a new chapter ..onwards and upwards as they say.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2010 00:00  

Thats what i was trying to say. Thankfully i'm still friends with mine, but it was also a relief that i could stop pretending....I know what i mean anyway!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 03/03/2010 00:04  

it can end badly 2 i,ve been divorce 17yrs my youngest was 8 wks old when i finally plucked up the courage to leave, my ex hasnt really been their for my 3 and as they get older they realised for themselfs wat he was like and they knon not to expect anything which is a shame he still dosnt realise wat he has missed all these years his loss

Update Reply
madhat @ 03/03/2010 00:19  

What i was meaning was that when the absolute comes through signifying that a chapter of your life has closed it is such a non descript looking document. My gas bill looks better.

Update Reply
Phil @ 03/03/2010 00:35  

if i remember right both writing on mine were the same mmm must go look them out

Update Reply
madhat @ 03/03/2010 00:57  

different feelings for different people , i was happy as larry grinning from ear to ear , Lind was in bits crying her eyes out .

we've still got the housing to sort out , still sharing the same house , the council are working hard to get Lind re-housed tho , just a matter of time

Update Reply
fastjock @ 03/03/2010 05:33  

Well I've started mine and I'm happy. My soon to be ex isn't, even though he's living with someone else .....WTF is that all about???
But anyway I'm happy and content. More then I have been for along time.
Yes it's sad cos, I believed when I got married it was for life, but well s**t happens!!
You've just got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with living. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 03/03/2010 13:52  

Can't argue with that. Nobody expects the worst, but, once the decision's made, go for it; move on; life's too short etc

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 03/03/2010 14:30  

too true Mandi and often you end up happier and find your true self again and can start living for you once more .........you just sometimes dont realise quite how unhappy or bad things are until you get out of them and see it from the other side! Take heart all those who are going though it...........it really can and often does get better, and you do survive to tell the tale...........no one's died of divorce yet pmsl!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 03/03/2010 20:23  

thanks for that BH.
And on a totally different topic: What a lovely profile pic!!!

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 03/03/2010 20:38  

he he thanks Mandi and ditto

Update Reply
babyharley @ 03/03/2010 21:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email