MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Vertically challenged female seeks advice!

Vertically challenged female seeks advice! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Vertically challenged female seeks advice! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Vertically challenged female seeks advice!

The CM125s are a twin arn't they? I guess more reliable for cold starts etc.... being the same engine as the cb125 twin they should be a smother ride and less buzzy too. Not sure if you'll find that more helpful or just more confusing lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 25/02/2010 15:00  

wot about a hard tail chop ! can have any engine you like then lol "The CM125s are a twin arn't they? "they are indeed hull and they fab engines at that plus they do a 250cc as well like the one drobs has got a sweet little ride it is too

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 25/02/2010 23:12  

Yes Min, my son even suggested that if Mothercare started selling titchy bikes then perhaps that would be best for me too lol! Cheeky uh? A "littlie" myself I must say being vertically challenged has definately set challenges for me re. motorcycling. I bought a cheap Honda CG125 off Ebay when learning and seemed to get away with that just fine. The Suzuki and Honda at my bike school were just a little too high although they did have one with a cutaway seat which lowered it an inch or two and enabled me to get my foot down - a must for confidence building and safety! A petite 5ft 3ins with a 28" leg length will always cause limitations when it comes to bikes and when looking for "big bikes my Harley Low was just great and the VN I have may be big but it is also a low rider type cruiser so Im good on that too. I agree with what's been said too though, you really do need to go sit on a few bikes and see which ones suit you best...........you'll soon know, get out to some dealerships or bike shows and try for size is what Id say, its alot of fun and very exciting too.........he he there are definately times in life when size really does matter and getting a bike you can reach the floor on is one of them pmsl!!! Good luck Minn, ride safe too xxx

Update Reply
babyharley @ 26/02/2010 09:50  

What about a virago, I think they do 125 don't they??? or is it a 250....they have a low ride hieght....and are comfortable as well, stick a givi screen on it and its great even on a long ride......I did some serious miles on the 750 I had the frame on the 500 and below is smaller so would suit a short arse...lol ...I mean vertically challenged individual ....... hey smurfs rule.....don't mess witht the Hobbits lol......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/02/2010 14:05  

Alternatively, you could do what i did. Buy a bike you love before passing your test, pass said test, ride yr pride and joy round the block, nearly fall off cos you cant touch the floor, and then get it lowered.

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 26/02/2010 14:14  

Lol same as me altho i can just touch the floor as long as i wear my new rocks. Thought about getting it lowered but have seen a seat which will allow me to get both feet flat on the floor. Just have to save up for it now.

Update Reply
betty1 @ 26/02/2010 19:18  

get what you fancy and make it fit! I ride sportsbiikes and am happy on toes only butm,have also had a bike lowered by changing the dog bones. The back of my blade came down by a good three inches and believe me it handles!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/02/2010 19:42  

Hey, this is getting really good...thanks ladies

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 26/02/2010 19:52  

mmmm just a word of warning on having bikes lowered tho Min! Been there done that too and it doesnt always work. My first big bike was bought and waiting for me to pass my test.........my beloved Ducati Monster! Even after I got the seat cut out professionally to give me that extra few inches nearer the ground, it still wasnt low enough for me. I then went to Ducati Coventry for a full lowering job................rode it back home the day after I passed my test but alas still only on tip toes and felt very vulnerable teetering when stationery. Cost me alot of time and money and decided it had to go for something more my size. Great if it works, but just to warn you it sometimes doesnt................learnt loads since then but I know its definately better to have your feet firmly on the ground .............he he not only in general but definately on a bike pmsl!!!! Good luck whatever you choose xx

Update Reply
babyharley @ 26/02/2010 21:03  

I agreed with Rustyknight there's no substitute for sitting on a range of bikes, getting a feel of the weight and balance as other have said. Riding position and the comfort of the seat are also considerations. You can get a bit wind-blasted on a custom even at 60mph, a screen can make you feel as though you are on a bigger bike and make the whole riding experience entirely different too. Won't do anything for the ride height though :) Good luck in your search.

Update Reply
Geo2009 @ 27/02/2010 15:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email