MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Easyjet launch Isle of Man service

Easyjet launch Isle of Man service - Forums [Biker Match] Easyjet launch Isle of Man service - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Easyjet launch Isle of Man service

LOW-COST airline easyJet has confirmed the company is to launch six times per week service between the Isle of Man and Liverpool airport.

The new service starts on May 21 and will be operated by one of the airline's new 156-seat Airbus 319 aircraft.

The airline says it expects 70,000 passengers to travel in the first year.

Just in time for TT week.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/02/2010 23:05  

Lets hope easyjet isn't as bad as it's portrayed on telly or the passengers will have to watch the T T on video.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/02/2010 23:09  

I've used easyjet for years kwak and never had a single problem. If you expect cheap and cheerful that's what you get

Wouldn't mind a blat over there, maybe some cheap opening offers to be had. I remember flying to Prague free a couple of years ago but had to pay the airport tax at £15.00, what a let down eh

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 15/02/2010 23:24  

Just tried the Easyjet website, looks as if it isn't taking Liverpool-IoM bookings just yet.
Bit of a shame, as Liverpool airport's just a 15-minute bus ride with the stop outside my house. I'm getting tempted

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/02/2010 00:15  

How am i going to get my bike strapped into a plane seat !!!!??????

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 16/02/2010 01:14  

We can strap you and ur bike to the wing 9r - cheap is what u pay for - cheap is what u get !! lol

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 16/02/2010 01:20  

Good thinking batman....er i mean 46....

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 16/02/2010 01:30  

I have used Easyjet in the past and it's usually satisfactory without all the hassle customers experience on the television. However, on a flight to Edinburgh the stewardess closed the main door and all the oxygen masks on one side dropped down. We transferred to another aircraft but I missed most of the meeting I was supposed to be going to. There was then a knock-on effect with all the flights returning from Edinburgh for the rest of the day running late. There was also an occasion in Edinburgh again where a Scottish version of Leo (how that guy has never got a smack astounds me) who insisted that I weigh my small back pack before taking it on as hand luggage. If you're going to pick up a bike when you're on the Island, there'll probably be a lot of hassle about taking helmets into the cabin with the jobsworth attitude that prevails with Easyjet. Still, I gather that Ryan Air are claimed to be worse. They will be running high speed trains for well heeled Germans - Von Ryans Express.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 16/02/2010 07:15  

It'll be a bit of a squeeze getting my 750 into that hand luggage tester they have at check it and as for liquid carried in a non see through container well erm no I cannot afford plastic crank cases and petrol tank (let alone lifting the bike into the overhead lockers pmsl.....) I too have only ever flown with EasyJet and every time I've been highly satisfied with their service. The program is highly edited for tele or it'd be pretty dull viewing! Pays yer money takes yer choice!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 16/02/2010 13:17  

If it gets more people to the TT all the better IMHO, cos getting places to stay over there isn't easy unless you keep your booking going from year to year, so a day trip on the plane will hopefully keep the numbers up, the money coming in and the TT going for longer and longer, may it never end.......! See you there I hope, I'll be there

Update Reply
nitrousnige @ 17/02/2010 21:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email