MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Biker case-study call out

Biker case-study call out - Forums [Biker Match] Biker case-study call out - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Biker case-study call out

Friends, I've been contacted by Tori from iris-pr.com who is searching for bikers to profile in a media campaign. The campaign launches on 1st March and they are looking for case studies of bikers to profile to help challenge the stereotypical view widely held by many motorists that all bikers are young, male, reckless, speed demons. They are looking for real life bikers that people might not expect. Examples of bikers they are interested in... Any bikers over the age of 65 - a motorbike-mad grandma perhaps Any bikers who are mums with young kids Any bikers with an unusual profession who you may not expect to ride a motorbike? For example a banker or nanny and any who use their bike for work in some way? Such as a doctor, vet, nurse Any fathers with big families who are keen bikers? Any exciting stories e.g. "a biker saved my life", "I started biking and met the man of my dreams", "my bike ride raised £50K for charity" Any out-of-the-ordinary bikers - vicars, nuns or maybe an opera singer or ballet dancer? Anyone putting themself forward must be comfortable for their story and picture to appear as a case study in newspapers, magazines, on television or on the radio. They would inform any case studies of each opportunity and ensure approval is given before progressing anything in the media and all will be treated in full confidence. Please email Tori at: victoria.goddard@iris-pr.com (Don't forget to mention Biker Match!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/02/2010 16:58  

Why dont you plug BM and let them know your site has helped a lot of people like myself overcome bad times , like divorce. BM and its members pulled me out of a bad time and gave me hope for the future but most important new friends...craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2010 17:03  

Hey Craig, That's a good idea. BM has done a lot for many people (just look at the Testimonies page from the homepage). We've had numerous weddings and many people have said that BM has pulled them out of a deep low in their life. We'd need a good case though, and volunteers to have themselves profiled with a plug for BM.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/02/2010 17:05  

it would be great if the people who met on here and got married would put themselves forward, might be worthwhile you dropping them a pm??????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2010 17:07  

BM is helping me make loads of new friends which is great!

But Matt,,,,,if it ever makes me get married,,,,I'm gonna sue !!!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 03/02/2010 17:10  

God if you're gonna sue me, what's your husband gonna do? It's him I'm worried about

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/02/2010 17:12  

Cheers Matt, I can't get the image of a ballet-dancing biker out of my head now. (no not a ballerina, a big hairy biker in a tutu)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/02/2010 09:44  

BM is making me live in sin in a few weeks time , moving 100 miles away, leaving the kids behind albeit the youngest is 24 and hopefully we will live happily ever after.
Ok get the sick buckets out again.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 04/02/2010 10:28  

I'm with Craig on this one Matt, why not put yourself forward for what you have bought into our lives. Look how the membership numbers have grown, how many group meet ups there are now, the life long friendships/partners/spouses that have been found via this site and like you say people only have to read the testimonials to see what a difference this site has made to so many lives up and down the country. I found it scary just how many of the catogories you listed I actually fall into. I never look at myself as being anything other than just an ordinary person doing ordinary things in life.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 04/02/2010 11:55  

Did anyone put themselves forward for this last year? What happened when you did? Where will we find the results, which newspapers / magazines? Nosey aint I? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/03/2011 10:01  

What about a biker who's profession evolves around road safety engineering lol??

Gets people every time! "So this is what you do for a living ... and yet you ride a motorbike??"

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/03/2011 13:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email