MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Isle Of Man - campsites

Isle Of Man - campsites - Forums [Biker Match] Isle Of Man - campsites - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Isle Of Man - campsites

Hi folks, we're going to Isle Of Man in the first weekend in April (3th - 6th April) and my friends prefer choosing the camp on the spot rather than booking it in advance - what do you reckon are the camps going to be busy? Any recommendation as to which camps are better than others?

Update Reply
MrZet @ 26/01/2010 19:46  

Only been to two campsites and during the TT,, the one in Peel and one at St Johns Footbal club,, both decent but not sure they are open that time of year...

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 26/01/2010 20:21  

outside of the TT weeks there are loads of vacancies.....and rain.....and more rain....and wind.

Update Reply
8 ball @ 27/01/2010 17:26  

Contact the I.O.M. tourist office and ask them for an up to date list of sites that are available for you to camp. This will also tell you which have what amenities before you get there.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 27/01/2010 18:50  

Hi MrZet...... there was a good one set in a wooded glen at Kirk Michael, turn left at K M on the coast road to Peel, campsite not to far along on the right..... If I remember rightly the seashore was only a short walk at the back of the camp site, plus local petrol station, pub and shops. As sdv9r says check it out with the Tourist office to confirm it's still open.

Update Reply
Franc @ 29/01/2010 12:43  

I'd echo what Franc said. We stayed in the one he described in Kirk Micheal last year. Excellent site if a bit far from the bright lights of Douglas.

Update Reply
8 ball @ 29/01/2010 18:14  

cheers guys!

Update Reply
MrZet @ 30/01/2010 14:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email