MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett

Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett

Just seen it on the news WELL DONE everyone, it looked a good run! I went to Squires and ended up on a Wooton Bassett Support Run from there to Leeds Armouries, so I was with you all in spirit :o)

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/03/2010 18:13  

Got to say a big thanks to all the locals in the villages and Wootton Bassett too who came out to wave and support, I hope motorists coped with the disruption. Sadly looked like someone was going to be airlifted from between Bassett and J16 as I passed so my thoughts to them, hope they are ok.

Update Reply
njl @ 14/03/2010 19:12  

Congrats to all that managed this.

I wish I had been riding longer I would have gone for it good on ya for doing it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/03/2010 19:20  

Good coverage on both BBC and ITV news Good publicity for both the charity and bikers in general. ITV reckoned all the bikes, nose to tail, would have stretched 22 miles !

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 14/03/2010 19:34  

Incredible,emotional day. Proud to have been a part of it!

Update Reply
trikerider552 @ 14/03/2010 21:03  

What an awesome day thanks to the organisers locals and every biker who made it there ...... Johnny was lovely to meet you and had a great night in swindon with you and Nige (even if we did lose him lol) Hope you made it home safe Smokey was good to see you and your friend there too Fantastic day had by all I think ......yeah that accident did look nasty hope they were ok only down side to the day

Update Reply
jabecs @ 14/03/2010 21:14  

Oh got some pics will post shortly lol look out for Johnny snoozing lol

Update Reply
jabecs @ 14/03/2010 21:15  

Photos here http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_photo...ent_id=654

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/03/2010 23:07  

Nige and Jan all the others we met today at the ride, really good to see you all..... a long day today but worth it..... the people of Wootton Bassett really made us all feel welcome...what a turn out, it was fantatic.....Cheers for the use of the floor Jan and Nige lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2010 23:12  

Seen the coverage on TV just now.....wow what an impressive sight

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 14/03/2010 23:26  

What a fantastic day. the atmosphere was amazing. I have never seen so many bikes and different types of bikers in one place.
The ride itself was awesome. Crowds of wellwishers standing waving and cheering, it brought a lump to my throat.

For all the moaning of the middle class, middle England few before the event about how Wootten Bassett didnt want us there. Well the crowds certainly proved them wrong.

I am proud to have supported the event and proud of the bikers who made it and proud of the bikers who couldnt but supported by words and donations.

And my legs ache this morning :-)

Smokey

Update Reply
smokey_1_uk @ 15/03/2010 08:10  

was proud to be a part of such a spectacle,I have to admit to being well choked up by the turn out of the local people in the villages approaching wooten basset with their flags and painted messages of support and then by the amazing sight of wooten basset itself.you'll always get the minority of moaners objecting to things but they were plainly in the tiny minority yesterday! Rode straight to slough after to visit my mum so didnt get back to bristol until gone eight so after a long day's riding and a couple of hundred miles,promptly fell asleep and missed the news! time to try bbc i player methinks lol a big well done to everyone

Update Reply
pondlife @ 15/03/2010 09:12  

Kwak; thanks for sharin photos i agree with posts made, but if i had to add 1 of my own, (which it seems i'm about to do LOL), 'personally', ok, i understand and accept the collection in the airfield, but i thought "something was lost in translation" as the organisers set us off too spread out ...... next time let's go for a 22 mile continuous stretch of bikes!

Update Reply
clarissa @ 15/03/2010 11:26  

Travelling back for Keswick we passed loads of bikers coming back ....... well done to all who took part

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/03/2010 13:28  

http://ww...IV> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqU...Uio Did a few Vids of the day...heres a couple i'll put the rest up when i've uploaded them.

Update Reply
mozie @ 15/03/2010 14:18  

i know its probaly been put up but found this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 15/03/2010 16:21  

Wheely what is that link for ....nothing about WB in it lol

Update Reply
jabecs @ 15/03/2010 23:07  

Try this link, I left that poem from the forum.(ryhmes that lol)on the comments page hopefully he will read it. http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/cars-motorbikes/2010/03/woott...the-b.html

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2010 17:40  

That poem always gets to me John ....I sent it everywhere when i got it

Update Reply
jabecs @ 16/03/2010 21:45  

Hope that reporter reads it ...he's a cheeky fr

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2010 23:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email