MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Speed Camera Bombed! (Hants)

Speed Camera Bombed! (Hants) - Forums [Biker Match] Speed Camera Bombed! (Hants) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Speed Camera Bombed! (Hants)

Hampshire police are hunting an angry motorist who blew up a roadside speed camera with a bomb.Residents of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Eastleigh</st1:place> were woken up by the sound of an explosion in the early hours of Christmas Eve.The police are now trying to track down the culprit, checking CCTV in the area in an attempt to identify them.Hampshire Police's acting Chief Inspector, Kelly Whiting, said: 'This is totally irresponsible behaviour by whoever committed this offence.'There could have been a potential risk to passers-by although this was minimised by the time of the incident.'There was a risk to the nearby petrol station and the attack could have had serious consequences.' <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/12/2009 20:33  

the attack could have had serious consequences.' Forgive me while I PMSL Real serious consequences, yes indeed very serious...less revenue for the authorities......Shocking... To whom it may concern.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2009 22:13  

LOL I was going to add 'no _hit Sherlock?, talk about stating the obvious'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/12/2009 22:16  

'no _hit Sherlock LMAO... love it Kwak...... I'll use that.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2009 22:47  

I will of course deny that I taught you to swear, should I be asked

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/12/2009 22:49  

Auntie Kwak ................ didnt know you knew such language i am

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/12/2009 23:11  

So how do the police know it was an angry motorist who blew up the speed camera? It may have been a public spirited citizen who felt strongly about so-called safety cameras that more to do with revenue raising than safety.

Personally, I think the individual concerned deserves our thanks for standing up to the establishment's one size fits all concept of road safety - or more likely exploitation of road users.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 31/12/2009 09:41  

I think more likely to be a happy smiling motorist after watching it blow up. Police are looking for suspects. So far they have come up with about 6 million

Update Reply
micksaway @ 31/12/2009 11:09  

Police are looking for suspects. So far they have come up with about 6 million PML

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/01/2010 06:30  

Maybe Captain Gatso is back! He / she / they used to put burning tyres around the cameras and watch them go up. One near me on the A414 was done - bikers came from miles around to salute its demise lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2010 12:15  

they might have done a risk assessment first for the police know could be cosh forms laying about never know

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 06/01/2010 12:20  

A camera near me (A412 Denham going east) got a tyre & petrol necklace repeatedly a few years ago. The road safety implications were so serious that the authorities took the limit on that stretch of road down from 40 to 30 and I have been caught out twice myself by plainclothes van cameras since on that stretch in car & truck. Never been caught on a bike though, maybe got better visibility.

Update Reply
darius @ 09/01/2010 19:06  

Do they count a dead camera as a fatality now to justify lowering the speed limit

Update Reply
micksaway @ 09/01/2010 20:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email